sines-drones-long and short, more to be added in time,

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

sines: live drone.

not for the feint of heart. 20 odd mins of sines and delay...

sines2-the right shade of nothing.

single sine generator into delays, loop recorder and phaser. shorter than before at 13 mins.

i doubt most will enjoy listening to this kind of thing, but it relaxes me on the way to bed :)

vurt wrote:sines2-the right shade of nothing.

single sine generator into delays, loop recorder and phaser. shorter than before at 13 mins.

i doubt most will enjoy listening to this kind of thing, but it relaxes me on the way to bed :)
i really like this type of stuff. it is a sense of smoothing...but more like the sound sorta centers my attention for that moment of the drone. it is like a quick re-calibration. i really like in this piece when the lower register starts to oscillate? or i can't describe it to well...but yea.

this was to me very soothing and i enjoyed it. it is a good drone.

sines2-link doesn't work here ... so 'only' sines

i've often dreamt, i could fly (ok., i know, i can) ... this is how it is
"It dreamed itself along"

sine2 only d/l's 401k
..what goes around comes around..

sloworm wrote:

i really like this type of stuff. it is a sense of smoothing...but more like the sound sorta centers my attention for that moment of the drone. it is like a quick re-calibration. i really like in this piece when the lower register starts to oscillate? or i can't describe it to well...but yea.

this was to me very soothing and i enjoyed it. it is a good drone.
yeah its kinda like that for me. its not like i expect anyone to be wowed or amazed at whats happening, they are far from adeventurous, but i do love the sound of simple sines interplaying and phasing in and out of each other. stacking several at diff freqs and adding the delays just adds extra phase issues and over time helps it move along in an interesting (to me) way.
i wasnt expecting many listeners, let alone comments :hihi:
so thanks, and cheers for the comment at mypsace. ;)

mellotronaut wrote:sines2-link doesn't work here ... so 'only' sines

i've often dreamt, i could fly (ok., i know, i can) ... this is how it is
i like that :)
simple and serene, kinda fits the piece well if you ask me :)

ouroboros wrote:sine2 only d/l's 401k
and it didnt work for mello either :(
im afraid i dont know why, its working here :?

vurt wrote:
ouroboros wrote:sine2 only d/l's 401k
and it didnt work for mello either :(
im afraid i dont know why, its working here :?
worked fine for me...used Chrome.

I grabbed the first, a cathartic wash for me. A strange transformation occurs about half way through- at first I hear noise, really. Note very sine-ish at all, but 1/3-1/2 way through, I hear.sines.more distinct ring. Cool track though I couldn't sleep to it you nut. :) Nor could I compose it in such as sustained way, something I always admire in nice drone pieces.
..what goes around comes around..

More! More!
Fantastic mesmerising stuff.
Interesting how a simple sine can turn into a cascade of resonating raspy tones.
AFAIC, this is right up there with the best of Troum or Coil's Time Machines.

Couldn't download the second one on account of the server not permitting (...) in the path. Too bad, really looking forward to hearing it.

Any plans for a full release? Because I would be interested.

Groet, Erik
Pop music delenda est.

I am guessing you used a modular? What else? (Instrument wise)

EDIT: BTW, the 2nd link works fine for me. The server might be up?
Synthesizers!

These were (are) cool!!! :tu:

But then again, I also used to watch the Win95 defrag-screen. (only for an hour (or so) though... [cough] I think)

I thought I'd commented on this earlier... huh. I'm really digging this, it goes well with the overall vibe of the music cafe this weekend. Very relaxed, slightly demented... you've prolly heard Har's new joint, yeah? This track segued very nicely into his in the playlist I've got going. Thanks.

ouroboros wrote:I grabbed the first, a cathartic wash for me. A strange transformation occurs about half way through- at first I hear noise, really. Note very sine-ish at all, but 1/3-1/2 way through, I hear.sines.more distinct ring. Cool track though I couldn't sleep to it you nut. :) Nor could I compose it in such as sustained way, something I always admire in nice drone pieces.
:hihi:
i dont sleep to it, its more if i work on something more indepth last thing, i lie in bed having ideas all over the place, keeping me awake. if i deprogramme myself with this kind of work, it allows me to drop off without too much mind muddle :)

Return to “Music Cafe”