Jazzyspoon remix of Runagate's "Batik Poultice"

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I was going to wait to post this to finish my current tracks and then post them all at once, but I decided to just throw this one on the KVR burner by itself as it is waaaay overdue. Sorry, Runagate. (I think he gave me these files last June or something.)
Here is the original post/song for Runagate's "Batik Poultice".
I added some spoken word (read by myself) using some rather profound statements made by Justin3am for effect. Mostly though, I made this very arty and cool song into something messy and overly rhythmic. I hope CJ approves anyways. :)

BATIK POULTICE (Jazzyspoon Gravity Remix) - Runagate
320kbps 9.2mb 4:01

Hope you enjoy this. And thanks for listening if you get a chance. :oops:

It's FUNKEY!!

I like it lots.

v

Ooohh, I'll be all over this tonight, looking forward to it! :)
Image Image

Like some strange electro-jazz from a 90's platform game, on acid. I mean that in a good way- hope it doesn't sound like an insult. :)

That's a really cool image too, btw.
Fugue State Audio - plugins, samples, etc.
Support the Union of Musicians and Allied Workers

Tagged.

thanks, Vim. Glad to know the funk showed through.
Fyi: All of the synthlines and even the bassline are his...in that I took a few bars of the track's organically shifting midi files and gave them some quantizing, of both rhythm and length, from some key spots (I edited the bassline a little extra for me purposes). Then I slowed the whole track down a little and added my own drums. I now listen to the original and remember how I envisioned this remix sounding before I started and this really isn't it exactly, but I still am pleased with the results. There was also a conversation at Ootray about drifting/wandering rhythm grids in our music, so I tried it for the middle break.

synthgeek wrote:Like some strange electro-jazz from a 90's platform game, on acid. I mean that in a good way- hope it doesn't sound like an insult. :)

That's a really cool image too, btw.
No insult at all, Synthgeek. Thanks for listening, too, as I imagine this really isn't your cup of tea. :)

Jazzyspoon wrote:Thanks for listening, too, as I imagine this really isn't your cup of tea. :)
Well, it may not be an every day listen, but I do like stuff like this. I need something lighter once in a while too. :)
Fugue State Audio - plugins, samples, etc.
Support the Union of Musicians and Allied Workers

Whoa, effing tasty groove buddy! So many great sounds swirling around, must have been a bit of an editing nightmare.
Image Image

polyslax wrote: must have been a bit of an editing nightmare.
Yea, a little bit. :hihi: Thanks for checking it out, Poly.
Actually, if I am in the right mind set, I enjoy editing one of my tracks almost as much as I do playing an instrument on one these days.

I very like the bassline of this, the voice editing is cool too, reminds me echoes of a dream. Overall I feel this track like a kind of psychiatric funk

nice work! really dug runny's track too. if james bond got into beats this would be his jam.

it always amazes me how you're able to make a proper songs (whatever that means :)) out of whatever instrument/voices you have at your disposal.

saweet.

that's a fantastic groove you've got there. i'm afraid i've not heard the original track, but this has a really nice mix of crazy free jazz sounding saxish instrument and glitches with enough backbeat to propel the whole mix forward.

Thanks, fellas. @liqih, "Psychiatric Funk" is a very fitting descriptor for this remix, I wish I had named it that. :) Nice.

@22tape, I definitely felt the spy vs spy bassline to this when all was said and done, but it wasn't an intention while I was making it. :hihi:

@jmeier: thanks! The original track is more freejazz sounding, so those elements were easy to capture.

Dope shit! I'm really digging this forum.

Return to “Music Cafe”