Epic Metal Rhapsody tribute: LACRIMARUM RESOLUTIO (extended)

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Lacrimarum Resolutio finished ver. 3" 06'

An extended version of the January Music Cafe Contest winner, Lacrimarum Resolutio, is finally up! Stretched to 3:06 from previous 1:56 with additional guitar parts and more crazy baroque modulations.

The song was inspired by the greatest metal band in Italy, nay, in the universe - Rhapsody. (aka Rhapsody of Fire)

All vocals by yours truly.

Lyrics by that great unappreciated punk-rocker of the Dark Ages, Saint Thomas Aquinas, from his aptly named essay On Hell. :D

Streaming it from Soundclick earns you extra gratitude points :D

http://www.soundclick.com/util/streamm3 ... 98175&q=hi

Cheers, Matt
Every time you use autotune, God kills a kitten.
Please, think of the kittens.

Listlessly browsing KVR and eyeballed this.
Instant all systems alert!
Frantically plugged in H300 while still downloading.
Leaped down stairs (yes really) to fire up HiFi.
Ran back up again to transfer delicious file.
Jumped down again with precious recording.
Plugged in.
Wound up volume.
Quick rethink, switched speakers into bridge mode.
Pressed 'play'

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhh
It wasn't me! (well, actually, it probably was) - apparently now an 'elderly' so maybe I forgot!

That was beautiful! Do you have anything else online we can listen to?

Really nice, indeed :) Great job!

Great piece, enjoyed lots!
Rekkerd.org the latest news on audio plugins, sample libraries & virtual instruments, synth presets & more.
Don't click here if you can't control yourself!

Matt, that's excellent; the evidence of the winning result !
And to me it sounds as if it must win the Eurovision Song Festival too ! :hihi:

I've enjoyed also the video clips of the classical stuff a lot !
Your shiny shoes do a good job calling the attention for your foot work on the pedals ! :hihi:
I'm sure though your wife prefers you to play the Korg keyboard (with the headphones).
Look out when she starts measuring your piano to find out a way to shove it into the fire place, giving it a better use ! :help: It's less dangerous playing the violin : it doesn't burn that long. :wink: :lol:

You're a real talent !

Cheers,

Max... .. . :P
Carpo diem ergo sum !

Thanks for the kind words my friends :hug:
folderol wrote:Listlessly ...Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhh
You always blow me away Wil :D Thanks but stop overdoing it, my bribe budget is really low!
DocAtlas wrote:That was beautiful! Do you have anything else online we can listen to?
Thanks man, of course, there's loads of it, accessible from the blatant promo links down in the sig
Guitarslayer wrote:Really nice, indeed :) Great job!
Thanks, much obliged :)
core wrote:Great piece, enjoyed lots!
Very glad you did!
Max el Belga wrote:Matt, that's excellent; the evidence of the winning result ! And to me it sounds as if it must win the Eurovision Song Festival too !
Finland already used up the heavy metal joker card on ESC :D though my mug might just be ugly enough to fit in their band..
Wifey was very tolerant of my piano, but my neighbors made me give it up, so now all the ebony/ivory in the house is fully digital.. :cry:

Wow Matt, that means the plan is a success ! :D
That huge ugly piano finally out of the house and now you've got plenty of room to put a billiard table ! :lol: :hihi: :oops:

Carpo diem ergo sum !

Bump Zig for great justice

Matt, what amazes me the most is to see real living people playing those finger-breaking classical pieces !
I admit I haven't found out yet where that guy with the gun pointed at you is hidden... :?
That guy must also be the reason why you play the notes so fast; the tension has to be terrible... :roll: :lol:
...talking about a funny bump... :wink:

Carpo diem ergo sum !

Very nice extended version, Matt 8)
This is a great composition, and you did justice to it with an excellent playing and production.
Very original

Cheers

That was great! Really excellent production.
Fugue State Audio - plugins, samples, etc.
Support the Union of Musicians and Allied Workers

Dober dan,

Matt I've lost track... :?
Is it your turn or my turn ? :roll:

Djiveli,

Carpo diem ergo sum !

What a great piece, thanks for posting.

Is there any chance that you would release a sample pack of the vocal tracks on this song? they are amazing. Am I correct that the lyrics are in Latin?
I was particularly taken with chanting section at 2:57.

either way great tune.

Laguna Rising wrote:Very nice extended version, Matt 8)
Very much grateful for the kind review!
synthgeek wrote:That was great! Really excellent production.
Thanks a bunch for the listen!
MRT wrote:Is there any chance that you would release a sample pack of the vocal tracks on this song? they are amazing. Am I correct that the lyrics are in Latin?
Indeed, stolen from ol' Tom of Aquinas, a part that I thought sounded particulary cool and gothic. Then again Latin is like French, even swearing sounds good :D As for the samples, I don't think the world needs a release of some dull pianist screaming in a SM57..
Max el Belga wrote:Is it your turn or my turn ? :roll:
Yours I believe. Go don a wig and do some high-pitched screaming when I raise my eyebrow in your direction :hihi:

Thanks a lot to all
Cheers, Matt

Return to “Music Cafe”