U-he ACE!

Official support for: u-he.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Just seen 'Ace' in the new plugin section.

any news of a new U-he synth is exciting news

can anybody expand on it ?

what is it and when etc ?

[MOD Edit: changed ? to ! in thread title]
Last edited by CANE CREEK on Fri Nov 06, 2009 12:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

oooh looks nice :hihi:

sorry for starting this thread , on second search i found it under 'synthace' in the forum.

CANE CREEK wrote:sorry for starting this thread , on second search i found it under 'synthace' in the forum.
Ah, you mean acesynth? That's the website, http://www.acesynth.com

Really exciting news on that is coming rather soon 8)

It seems to me ACE is in Berlin Modular family, and it seems Bazille belongs there, too. I'm wondering how many synths are planned for this family, and what the upgrade path is like? Is it like this: ACE->Bazille->[Some Big Berlin Monster Yet To Be Announced]?
Peace, my friends. I'm not seeking arguments here. ;)

poonna wrote:[Some Big Berlin Monster Yet To Be Announced]?
Urs should do one modelled on "Switched On Bach"-era Moog modulars, and call it Brandenburg...
If you like 80s retro sounds, check out my latest tune…

Yo,

there are two different things:

1. Berlin Modular containg Bazille and at least two more modulars

2. ACE being a small sister of BM, fully upgradable to BM at the exact price difference

Berlin modular won't be out before July 2010 I guess, and ACE will be out in about 4 weeks.

oh, man... please stop releasing such lustful plugins, my wallet is empty! :x
member of the guild of professional dilettantes.

Download SOphist wrote:oh, man... please stop releasing such lustful plugins, my wallet is empty! :x
You don't have to buy them all. Don't like ACE get Bazille. Don't have money for Bazille get ACE. :)

Well, one should always *get* ACE first, both literally and in a metaphoric way. One of the other synths in Berlin Modular will be a souped up version of ACE with even deeper modulation options.

oh, btw... screenshots are up: http://www.acesynth.com

Urs wrote:Well, one should always *get* ACE first, both literally and in a metaphoric way. One of the other synths in Berlin Modular will be a souped up version of ACE with even deeper modulation options.

oh, btw... screenshots are up: http://www.acesynth.com
Aww... nice! Would there be a pre-order price or existing customer- whatever that thing was with Uhbiks?

Looks great, i think someone may have to miss out on a Christmas present this year if they haven't been nice to me..

chaoticz wrote:Would there be a pre-order price or existing customer- whatever that thing was with Uhbiks?
Hmmm... unfortunately not this time... it's 45€ revenue for each license sold, a third less of what Uhbik preview went for while the development costs were even higher than Uhbik's. A frightening amount of sales is needed to actually reach the profit zone.

However, when I started to put ACE together out of the parts that I already had for Berlin Modular, I *thought* I was doing a very primitive synth that suits the 69€ price tag rather well. It came different though, some little tweaks and additions make ACE so much more than that, I think it's one of the best deals you can get these days*.

;) Urs

* it's also cheap enough so you can put some bucks towards the new computer you'll certainly love to run ACE/BM on

really tasty. and i like the idea of getting the "bigger" brothers at the price difference when they come out. I have to save some euros for the beginning of December...(1st dec is my girlfriend's birthday...should I get her ACE as a present ?? ) ;-)

autodafe wrote:(1st dec is my girlfriend's birthday...should I get her ACE as a present ?? ) ;-)
Yes!!!.

BTW, this fellow KvRian is into the Any Cable Everywhere concept too:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gfXEwHbl ... r_embedded

Return to “u-he”