Silent Way Voice Controller and Korg Mono/Poly, need some help

Official support for: expertsleepers.co.uk
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hello there,

i tried to set up my Mono/poly with the voicecontroller and as far as i came i get audio out of it and into Ableton with the voicecontroller. Actually i have tzhe problem that the tuning procedure doens't work, the monopoly constantly plays on one pitch whatever key i play. i'm robably doing something wrong, i'd need only two outs, one for cv, one for gate (or trigger it is named on the Mono/Poly

Please, any hints are apprechiated.

My Setup: Live 8.0.5, latest Silent way Voice Controller AU

Thanks in Advance,
sl

Did you check out the videos and example Live sets on this page:
http://www.expert-sleepers.co.uk/siwatutorials.html
?

What audio interface are you using?

Hi,

i checked the tutorials and used the provided exampleset for the voice controller. I'm using a Motu Ultralite, first edition. It works to some extent, i can trigger the Mono/Poly from my Midikeyboard via the voice controller.
It just doesn't play more then one pitch over the whole range :)

Thanks,
sl

OK, so what happened when you clicked the 'Calibrate' button? You should hear the synth generating a rising series of pitches.
If not, then your pitch CV is not connected properly.
If you heard the rising pitches, but the plug-in still didn't calibrate, you probably haven't routed the synth's audio back into the Voice Controller properly.

Hello,

i hear the plug in calibrate but only one pitch again, no rising series of pitches. I'll look into it again, prolly the mono/poly has some problems with the cv-in, it has unusual voltages to my knowledge.

i'll report back.

thanks for the help.

Possibly a simpler test would be to just connect up the LFO or something & see if you can get any pitch variation at all from the synth.

edit: by LFO I mean the Silent Way LFO plug-in.

I'm having the same thing with my monpoly and cubase 5.1- i wonder if there is a voltage offset we need to use, i've seen in other forums with the ms20, (which is hz/volt for ms20 as opposed to volt/octave for monopoly) they nonetheless had to alter the voltage settings in order to get it to trigger.

has anyone ever managed to get the voice controller going with the Monopoly? I can get the LFO doing what it should be doing very precisely but for the life of me I can't get this thing to play pitch properly. The calibration always gives some random generation of octaves and I can't seem to get it to trigger and play a note at the same time. I could be awful at this since this is my first use of Silentway but damn if I have any idea...

What's your audio interface?

os wrote:What's your audio interface?
I'm using a Motu Ultralite MK1, which may be the source of my woes. I doubt it though, I have the arp being triggered by a simple square wave direct out from ableton right now. I have a feeling its more how Silentway is reading the calibration of the voice controller.

The Ultralite will work fine. Have you followed through the tutorial video on the website?

http://expert-sleepers.co.uk/siwatutorials.html

os wrote:The Ultralite will work fine. Have you followed through the tutorial video on the website?

http://expert-sleepers.co.uk/siwatutorials.html
Yes I already had followed through the example for ableton. The calibration wave changes every time, first it's high, then it's low. It's never the same. Also the monopoly plays through a tone with the cv in. Its never silent. I can't be the only person having this problem. In fact no on has proven to me that it actually works.

What do you mean by "the monopoly plays through a tone with the cv in"?

sorry that came out as ranty and unclear. I mean when I plug the cord into the Monopoly CV-in, it doesn't go silent. The Oscillator plays a sustained tone. Once the calibration is done, the Monopoly just goes back to playing the same tone, seemingly unaffected by the calibration.

Can you detail the connections from the Ultralite to the MonoPoly, and how you have things routed in Live (a screenshot would suffice)? And maybe a screenshot of how the calibration looks once it's completed?

Return to “Expert Sleepers”