Customizable Sidechain Compressor

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hello,

due to a request I build a 'sidechain compressor' plugin that basically identical to the lightweight series compressor, but with a completely customizable sidechain input. To offer more possibilities any VST plugin can be loaded on the sidechain. This way it is easily possible to change the sidechain in every possible manner.

The hosted VST plugin are displayed in a separate window. Also - as this is still a proof-of-concept - neither the VST plugin used nor its settings are stored. I might add this if there is a huge resonance for this plugin.

But here's a screenshot:

Link:
http://www.savioursofsoul.de/Christian/ ... Compressor

Enjoy,

Christian
Last edited by Christian Budde on Tue Dec 15, 2009 11:06 pm, edited 2 times in total.

interesting. how come you decided to subhost the vst? simple/ease of use?

grymmjack wrote:interesting. how come you decided to subhost the vst? simple/ease of use?
It has never done before I think...

Also a friend asked me to do a compressor with a delay build-in the sidechain and I wondered whether this could be solved more universally. Now he can also experiment with any other effect type in there.

Or one could easily build an MS compressor out of this. Or add a binaural processor in there. Or any EQ for custom shaping, just to list some possibilities.

I know every host these days has sidechains itself, but if not this might be the way to go.

Christian

That looks great, Christian. Thanks for providing us with all these tools.

Hi,

just a small bump on this. Do you think the flexibility I introduced is too much for the average user?

Christian

One last bump here.

I added some default sidechain filters and an attack delay parameter, which may let more transients pass the compressor for
instant drum crushing awesomeness
as a friend of mine suggested this feature with these words.

Christian

this sounds interesting I will try soon.
Thanks a lot!
DSP with attitude

This goes pretty... something. There are so many possibilities here that it's actually a little stumping. I haven't even messed around enough with proper sidechaining. Wickid!

DELETED

Return to “Effects”