June Contest: Submission

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

"I just want to bang on the drum all day"

This month you are asked to to make a composition where your instruments are percussive in nature. No other instruments will be allowed. Vocal tracks will be allowed.

As Wiki would have it, and for the purpose of this contest, A percussion instrument is any object which produces a sound when hit with an implement, shaken, rubbed, scraped, or by any other action which sets the object into vibration.

Also, for the purpose of this contest:
1) Any synthesizer or sampling type device that replicates a percussive instrument will be allowed
2) Piano's will NOT be allowed.
3) Bowed instruments like violins and the like will NOT be allowed.
4) Plucked instruments (guitars and the like)NOT allowed

Submissions MUST follow these rules:

1 - encoded in either .mp3 (192kbps or lower if fixed rate ... average of 192kbps or lower if VBR) or .ogg format (quality level 6.00 or lower)

2 - A STRICT MAXIMUM of three minutes in length. If it shows up as 3:01 in my player, It's gettin the boot!

3 - entered into the contest by posting a DIRECT LINK in this RULES & SUBMISSIONS thread (use the GOSSIP thread for everything else). If you cant provide a direct link, please contact one of the following people listed below, they will be happy to help you out. These people provide free hosting for the purpose of this contest only! They are not a hosting service. When contacting these people, please take the effort to understand the terms and conditions they provide).

Providers:
1 - kovacs
2 - knockman
3 - scoops
4 - watto

In Addition...
Kara at www.kara-moon.com/forum has offered "self service" space. Log into the forum to find out more

4 - Submitted before I get out of bed Friday, June 25th, 2010. Once I get outta bed, the thread gets locked

5 - Your entry must be composed specifically for this contest

6 - Your entry must be created using at least some audio plugins, virtual synths, or software studio

7 - your entry should have the FILE named in a format of "yearmonth_artistname_tracktitle" (ie "1006_artistname_tracktitle.mp3"), where the artistname is the same as your KVR name. Please, do not use spaces and special charaters in the filename. I will be booting for improperly tagged comps (this will not be a DQ, just a little reminder that you din't tag your comp correctly). Special considerations will be given to those that have the hosting agent change the tag.

8 - IF you are going to tag your mp3, the artist name is to be the same as your KVR name, and the title tag is to be the name of your tune(help us out, okay? it's easier to sift through labelled entries)

9 - One person can participate either with one entry, with one entry and one collaborative effort or with two collaborative efforts.' - no resubmissions without permission from the moderator, INCLUDING for time-overage correction. PM me for permission!

10 - Any tracks not adhering to these guidelines will be very naughty indeed. Possibly disqualified upon peer review. And at least mocked for all to point and giggle.

11 - Voting (members must have at least 20 posts to vote ... although contest entrants are exempt from this ruling) will run from the submission deadline until I get out of bed, Thursday, July 1st - anyone voting for themselves will find ALL their votes disqualified - any entrants not voting will also be
disqualified

PRIZES
Ben from Camel Audio has been so kind as to donate a prize of ANY of their
products this month (and later months until further notice).

Ugo at Ugo Audio has donated a copy of M-theory + Dualism bundle, Ironhead + Tunguska bundle, Metallurgy, or Disturbance, for this month (and later months until further notice).Thanks UGO

Quinto from SKNote Software Sound Synthesis has donated any one of his plugins for the contest this month. (and later months until further notice). Thank you Quinto.
Last edited by Scoops on Thu Jul 01, 2010 8:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
Bunch O Stuff

Approaching Malzedacor

T R A I T O R

Peace,

Jonny

I had great fun with this - it's a long time since I sat up half the night making music!

Polymorphology

Robotica presents:

A-Dil-Do-Will-Do (sir cute bend and roid rmx)

Percussive elements are recordings of
- Rain
- Kitchen Appliances
- Bath tub
- A triangle

Voices are uttered by me personally

Mangled by
- Soundtoys
- Lexicon
- Eventide

Enjoy!

Lex

so, NO guitar sounds are allowed to come to this party.

But synths and sample playback devices that can make a drum noise are?

Hmmmmm......

Well, you didn't say anything about not allowing guitars to trigger drums, right? Right?

But in honour of your wishes, I won't bend any strings while doing so.....

Presenting my audio stew in the grand tradition of Lindsey Buckingham, Kate Bush and Dethklok:

Wood, Metal. Metel? Would!

DAW: Logic 7 Express on Mac Mini
vibes: Halion Player
marimba and other drum sounds : EXS24
blocks - NI FM8
Metel drums - Drumcore 3, John Tempesta Pack, run through Kontakt 4 Player and Steven Slate Drums EX.
Effects: built in Express AUs, IK T-Racks3 EQ and Compression
Triggered with: Peavey Falcon w/Roland GI-10 pitch to MIDI interface, Novation Compact 49 SL
"Ooo, look at me, I'm making people HAPPY! I'm the Magical Man from Happyland! In a gumdrop house on Lollypop Laaaaaaane!" - Homer Simpson

avant tribal hip-hop?

secret(e)

enjoy. :-)

Percussive sounds and vocal tracks are the limitation...
That's rather an invitation ! :lol:

Although being aware there's still lots of stuff I could knock on, I've tried to put as much as I could in my song, as a tribute to our dear mate Wyatt.
He kind of like my way of jamming a heap of thingies into a small place, maybe because he has lived with his family on a Catamaran (in Hawaii ! :o ). :wink:

I nearly got hyperventilated during the carton kitchen paper roll solo, after doing a bass track blowing the arm-Tuba (imitating farts, blowing on yer arm). :-o

To go on in the internationally expanding trend of our Contest I added also some vocals from several far away places. So far away that the name of their country hasn't reached us yet (= I wouldn't know where they come from; 1 thing for sure : they aren't from California :hihi: ).

About the automation done : designing the Eiffel tower must have been a piece of cake compared to it ! As always I've (over)used only 8 tracks... :oops:

Please click silently on the link and don't smash - por favor - 'cose I'm stuck with a terrible headache after all that banging :
http://maxebelga.kara-moon.com/music/10 ... lB-Eko.mp3

Have fun and see you at the big party Scoops organizes every month (sounds better than 'voting' 8)),

Max... .. . :P
Carpo diem ergo sum !

:arrow: Echo Voodoo - Where things go

[2:12 long, 3MB 192kbps mp3]

Lyrics:
I don't know where things go anymore
So I fret and forget what I'm looking for

I not sure where my things have gone
Or why my thoughts are so withdrawn
It's like I'm just barely hanging on

So I wait, 'cause it's too late for me to atone
And I cry, oh why oh why am I alone

can't sing, can't play, looks awful.....

Hum-Drum

Nose to the grind, like yesterday
It never changes in any way
Watching the hands turn around the dial
There must be something that's more worthwhile

Hum-drum

There's no relief from this routine
Staring all day at a computer screen
We're only pawns in somebody's scheme
Just little cogs in a big machine

Hum-drum

all percussion was recorded via mic (except the IBM Printer - via Freesound.org) including the main drum beat courtesy of -

This was put together with samples of ethnic instruments which were processed, then some more modern drums added and then some FX over the top.

Wasn't sure where it was going, but I think it came together in the end:

The Destruction of Our Tribal Rights Continues

Return to “Music Cafe”