Freeware host for PC: Podium Free 2.33 (updated)

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Podium Podium Free

Hi,

Zynewave presents the first public freeware edition of Podium. It is available as a free download from:

http://www.zynewave.com/download.html

For more information about the limitations and the motivation behind Podium Free, please read this page:

http://www.zynewave.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2337

Podium Free will be familiar to users of the Podium 2 CM version that came bundled with the Computer Music magazine earlier this year. Podium Free 2.31 has the same limitations as the CM version, but it is a more recent version.

Depending on the response to this freeware edition, I'll be updating Podium Free regularly in the future.

Cheers,
Frits
Last edited by Zynewave on Fri Jul 30, 2010 11:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

A great studio, this one! The interface is a little different, but doesn't take much getting used to. Lots of cool little perks all over. And when you're ready to purchase it's only $50...and it has some of the best customer service I've seen, especially considering that it's one man running the whole show. Check it out-

i've never seen such a generous freeware offer before, and even the full version of Podium is insanely cheap if you consider all it has to offer.

i'll be reviewing Podium Free on my blog soon and report here in case anyone's interested.
Bedroom Producers Blog << Free VST Plugins!

Thanks man! :love:

What an amazing gift!
It looks great and powerful!
Thank you so much :)

Downloaded and installed it. Looks nice and quite powerful. Won't make me switch from Reaper but I'm going to recommend it to people who are starting out with recording.

What I like best is that you didn't went the easy way by limiting the track-count and/or the amount of plugin-instruments. That would have made it just a demo without a time limit. The way you build the limitations into this free version makes it actually usable for serious work while learning the software.

Kudos :tu:
CrimsonWarlock aka TechnoGremlin, using Reaper and a fine selection of freeware plugins.

Ragnarök VST-synthesizer co-creator with Full Bucket

One thing I love from this host is that it doesn't add any bloatware to your PC. But it has tons of virtues :)

I've just played with it for a bit, very easy on the eyes, very logically (and elegantly) layed out once you know what you're looking at. Seems like I've only scratched the surface, but it has already sparked my interest. Thanks, Zynewave!

Wow! Wow! Good news ;) THANKS! :hail:
The cat has four paws: in, out, ground and power supply )
Listen to my music

:-o :hail: :wheee:

:tu:

Ok, I'm going to give this a spin. I thought CM V1 was cool, but haven't tried V2 yet. Hopefully you'll gain some new customers with this!

Looks interesting (could maybe be a future alternative to Tracktion, which I'm still using happily at the moment) Thanks :-)

One question, I couldn't find the awnser to on the site; does this work with the Mackie Control?

monopoli wrote:One question, I couldn't find the awnser to on the site; does this work with the Mackie Control?
I think it does. However, from what I've seen so far the fact that you can only have one midi-in/out in the free version might prohibit you from using a control surface. In my case I use the midi-in for my midi-keyboard so that's it. And switching to another midi-in for mixing is no use for me as I have a Tascam US-2400 that runs in MCU-mode but acts as a Mackie unit with two expanders so I need 3 midi-in/outs to use it.

Nevertheless, I like the opportunity to play around a bit with this free version of Podium, but it would be nice if I could use my control surface with it. But even if it would, I can't imagine Podium tearing me away from my beloved Reaper ;)
CrimsonWarlock aka TechnoGremlin, using Reaper and a fine selection of freeware plugins.

Ragnarök VST-synthesizer co-creator with Full Bucket

To Monopoli: I own Podium, but no controller...however I checked the Podium forums and it looks kosher, as long as you have a controller capable of emulating Mackie Control mode. Here's a link, as I'm always afraid of being misquoted/misinterpreted: http://www.zynewave.com/forum/viewtopic ... ght=mackie
I hope you enjoy this wonderful studio!

monopoli wrote:One question, I couldn't find the awnser to on the site; does this work with the Mackie Control?
Mackie Control is supported, although I haven't yet implemented full support with bus sends and plugin parameter control, etc.

There is some info in the online guide:

http://www.zynewave.com/wiki/doku.php?i ... ie_control

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”