Strumaker II chord confusion?

Official support for: indiginus.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I'd just gotten to where I (thought I) understood Strumaker I...and along comes II !!
I*love* the build-your-own-chords/Fretboard thing, but now I'm fairly confused about the chords available on the Keyboard?

It seems Strumaker I - reading from left to right - had:
(A1.) an octave of strummed majors (C1-B1),
(A2.) an octave of strummed minors (C2-B2),
(A3.) an octave of major hits (C3-B3) and
(A4.) an octave of minor hits (C4-B4).

Now, with Strumaker II, I've got:
(B1.) an octave (C1-B1) of strums that progresses; 1 (Cmaj),2 (Dmaj) ,3m (Em) ,4 (Fmaj),5 (Gmaj),6m (Am),7m (Bm)
(B2.) nothing (C2-B2)
(B3.) the same progression as (B1.) as hits instead of strums, but with no bass notes,
(B4.) the same progression as (B1.) as hits instead of strums, but *with* bass notes

Now, as for the chord progression (B1.) it works pretty well if I'm in the key of "C".
But what would I do if I'm playing in "E"? In Strumaker I, I would have had access to the G#m, etc. Now I don't. I realize that I could go in to the (really) cool) build-your-own-chords/Fretboard thing and dial in a G#m, but that workaround would be pretty major, when you think of all of the chords needed to be dialed in , for all keys other than C maj?

I'm just wondering if I've missed a "switch" or something in Kontakt 4.1, that would (in Strumaker II) allow me to set the key I'm playing in and get the major/minor progression, but in the key I need?

many thanks,

b myers, composer

williemyers wrote:I'd just gotten to where I (thought I) understood Strumaker I...and along comes II !!
I*love* the build-your-own-chords/Fretboard thing, but now I'm fairly confused about the chords available on the Keyboard?

It seems Strumaker I - reading from left to right - had:
(A1.) an octave of strummed majors (C1-B1),
(A2.) an octave of strummed minors (C2-B2),
(A3.) an octave of major hits (C3-B3) and
(A4.) an octave of minor hits (C4-B4).

Now, with Strumaker II, I've got:
(B1.) an octave (C1-B1) of strums that progresses; 1 (Cmaj),2 (Dmaj) ,3m (Em) ,4 (Fmaj),5 (Gmaj),6m (Am),7m (Bm)
(B2.) nothing (C2-B2)
(B3.) the same progression as (B1.) as hits instead of strums, but with no bass notes,
(B4.) the same progression as (B1.) as hits instead of strums, but *with* bass notes

Now, as for the chord progression (B1.) it works pretty well if I'm in the key of "C".
But what would I do if I'm playing in "E"? In Strumaker I, I would have had access to the G#m, etc. Now I don't. I realize that I could go in to the (really) cool) build-your-own-chords/Fretboard thing and dial in a G#m, but that workaround would be pretty major, when you think of all of the chords needed to be dialed in , for all keys other than C maj?

I'm just wondering if I've missed a "switch" or something in Kontakt 4.1, that would (in Strumaker II) allow me to set the key I'm playing in and get the major/minor progression, but in the key I need?

many thanks,

b myers, composer
Sorry it took so long for me to reply. I thought I had this thing set to notify me of a new post! :oops:

If I understand your question, you would like to know how to change the chord type for each scale step?
The Strum Sequencer uses just one octave to trigger patterns, while StrumMaker Live (just the fretboard) uses 2 octaves- one for downstrokes and one for upstrokes. To change the chord type, just hit the key of the chord you need (E, for example) and change the variation knob to select. Now each time you hit an E, you'll get the chord type (variation) that you selected.
I like the idea of being able to set the key globally, and hope to implement that in a future version. Also, check out the StrumMaker II tutorial.
Hope that helps,
TC

Return to “Indiginus”