Windows VST wrapper for Mac--Works!

Configure and optimize you computer for Audio.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Check this->
http://www.smproaudio.com/
VFX wrapper
I am having problems with GUIs, but the audio is up and controlled by sliders!!!omg

bump!

Thanks for the link.
Will check it out.

Which plugins did you get to work so far?
Thanks.

Yep,
I am using the Mac version to load Windows VSTs.
I have been trying to get my SM plugs working, but no GUI is displayed. All, the parameters are available as sliders though, and the audio is right.
I so far have only got Muon Tau to work with the GUI, but Xhip works the same as my SM ones, no GUI, but controllable and with sound. I haven't tried any others.
I have been playing them with a nanoKEY.
I will seek a GUI fix with the devs of both programs.
Cheers

Thanks.
This is good news, and a step in the right direction.
I'll check it with Synth1, and Oatmeal, once I'm set up.

Sorry guys, are you saying you can load Windows VSTs inside a Mac host without SM Pro Audio's hardware?

BUMP

The thread I got this from is locked (Mac vs PC, don't you know).

bduffy wrote:Sorry guys, are you saying you can load Windows VSTs inside a Mac host without SM Pro Audio's hardware?
As i understand it yes. Haven't tried it myself though for obvious reasons.

Yeah, having trouble finding any information on it. Just people saying "it works!".

I downloaded a zip file with to dmg's, one with the Vmachine software and a "library content" installer, IIRC? No idea how this interacts with a host. nix08, help a brother out!

Hi there,

actually it is quite easy. As we always stated: You do not need the V-Machine hardware to use our VFX software. It is a stand alone app where you can install and load and play and edit Windows VST plugins.

Also the possibility to run .exe files is fun. Try FL Studio e.g.! Or you can run Rebirth within Mac OS X! :)

As it is a stand alone app it is not possible to load it directly into a Mac sequencer. BUT: Just use soundflower and virtual MIDI ports to play the Win plugins and to record the audio directly into your sequencer. Works beautiful here!

There are some nice youtube videos out there.

When you do not see a gui: Go to your Music folder -> right click "Show package contents" on "VFX Library.vfxlibrary" -> "plugs" -> your plugin -> open the vfxinfo.txt file and look at the gui window settings.
bduffy wrote:Yeah, having trouble finding any information on it. Just people saying "it works!".

I downloaded a zip file with to dmg's, one with the Vmachine software and a "library content" installer, IIRC? No idea how this interacts with a host. nix08, help a brother out!

I'm running the VAZ Modular and Image-Line's Sytrus (demos for now) with it!!! :D

smproaudio wrote:Hi there,

actually it is quite easy. As we always stated: You do not need the V-Machine hardware to use our VFX software. It is a stand alone app where you can install and load and play and edit Windows VST plugins.

Also the possibility to run .exe files is fun. Try FL Studio e.g.! Or you can run Rebirth within Mac OS X! :)

As it is a stand alone app it is not possible to load it directly into a Mac sequencer. BUT: Just use soundflower and virtual MIDI ports to play the Win plugins and to record the audio directly into your sequencer. Works beautiful here!

There are some nice youtube videos out there.

When you do not see a gui: Go to your Music folder -> right click "Show package contents" on "VFX Library.vfxlibrary" -> "plugs" -> your plugin -> open the vfxinfo.txt file and look at the gui window settings.
bduffy wrote:Yeah, having trouble finding any information on it. Just people saying "it works!".

Wow, at long last I hear something about this! The other thread that brought me here is closed, but this confirms my suspicion that you can't simply load Windows VST plugins into a Mac host, as someone intimated in that thread.

I've never had much luck with SoundFlower, I don't see myself recording audio in realtime from a standalone app just so I can use my favourite Windows compressor, so I'll pass on this workaround for now. Pretty neat you can do it, though.

dhalfen wrote:I'm running the VAZ Modular and Image-Line's Sytrus (demos for now) with it!!! :D
Subscribing...want to hear more about how it works with VAZ.

Thinking of getting a Mac laptop, would love to run VAZ Modular without a virtual machine/Boot Camp/WINE emulator!

Hey SMpro,
Here is a screen of my plug's GUI in VFX->
I'm not sure that editing the 'vfxinfo.txt' will help.
'has editor' is set to 1, and it is displaying the page. The grid displayed is the empty background in SynthMaker.
I would love to have SM compatibility with VFX. I have forgotten what xhip displayed, but it was not the Windows GUI.
Cheers
I'll try .exe as I can export as such from SynthMaker.
Thank you indeed.
Very generous to give it to us.

nix808 wrote:Image
You need to check your mail. :-o
You are currently reading my signature.

Return to “Computer Setup and System Configuration”