Request for native Linux Support

Official support for: u-he.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I know that this must has been asked a couple of times
but with the beta release of the Tyrrell I wanted to ask, if you could also consider porting your VSTs to native Linux?
I tested the Loomer and discoDSP stuff and as a Linux-Renoiser I can say, that native Linux VSTs run much more stable.

I hope this thread gives you some positive response from the Linuxers out there.

Greetings from belgium, saschas

I have a developer working for me from January. He's familiar with VST3 and with Linux. We might be able to get there, some time next year.

Sorry to revive such an old topic but I learned today something I had never known which was there is a VST SDK for Linux and I've found a couple commercial plugins with native Linux support. Figured there might be a thread related in here and found this one.

Did this ever go anywhere? I bought a copy of Renoise recently which I'll be using in Windows, Mac and Linux. I'd love to be able to use u-he plugins natively in Linux. Besides the commercial plugins, it would be really nice to see Tyrell get ported.

Don't know yet. We have a steep mountain of things to do this year, we have to see what we get done.

I have to say that Linux support would be mint.
Best regards from Johan Brodd.
JoBroMedia since 1996.

jobromedia wrote:I have to say that Linux support would be mint.
*groan*
ZZZzzZZzz..zz....zzzzz
My SoundCloud

ungleichklang wrote:if you could also consider porting your VSTs to native Linux?
+1
Urs wrote:I have a developer working for me from January. He's familiar with VST3 and with Linux. We might be able to get there, some time next year.
I still hope for some native Linux VSTs from U-He. I have an extra notebook with Renoise on AVLinux and I miss a very good synth (I have some good ones, TAL Noizemaker, Loomer Aspect, DiscoDSP Dicovery etc but... I tasted the Diva and Zebra2 Demos on my Mac and I'm very impressed.

I would seriously buy a licence of Zebra2 when it is ported to Linux VST.
[del]AudioLinux sucks.[/del]

Would love to see this happen. Though I personally don't use Linux for audio, I know a whole bunch of guys online that do. They'd be thrilled at having such awesome synths available.

Sorry to open this can of worms Urs. If you ever need help porting let me know, I'll sign whatever and work for free. Long time linux engineer and I'd just like to see something of such high quality on the platform.

rezidue wrote: I'd just like to see something of such high quality on the platform.
True, that. It's nice that it works under WINE, but native would be even more fabulous.
ZZZzzZZzz..zz....zzzzz
My SoundCloud

rezidue wrote:Sorry to open this can of worms Urs. If you ever need help porting let me know, I'll sign whatever and work for free. Long time linux engineer and I'd just like to see something of such high quality on the platform.

I will buy Zebra and I will repurchase Filterscape if both are ported to Linux.

No pressure! :hihi:

Bitwig studio will support linux so it would be nice to have u-he plugs ported to penguin :pray:

Still haven't had any time... Clemens is doing a lot of adaptations to various plugin APIs at the moment, he might be in the position to estimate the effort in a few weeks time (after his vacation maybe). Then we can make some decisions.

Urs wrote:maybe
:cry:
[del]AudioLinux sucks.[/del]

Return to “u-he”