Bitspeek: Speak and spell VST

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Bitspeek: Haven't tried it yet but about to :)

If you're into Speak and Spell type sounds, you may be interested. I searched KVR and only found references to bitspeek in a microtonic thread.

http://www.soniccharge.com/bitspeek

-EDIT- Just tried it for a few moments. Pretty cool. I don't remember how Speak and Spell sounded exactly, but Bitspeek sounds good. Interesting effect. If I ever really need that type of effect, I'll know where to get it.

-EDIT- Should have posted this in the Effects section. Meffy, can you move it there? Thank you.
Play it by ear

pheeleep wrote:Bitspeek: Haven't tried it yet but about to :)

If you're into Speak and Spell type sounds, you may be interested. I searched KVR and only found references to bitspeek in a microtonic thread.

http://www.soniccharge.com/bitspeek

-EDIT- Just tried it for a few moments. Pretty cool. I don't remember how Speak and Spell sounded exactly, but Bitspeek sounds good. Interesting effect. If I ever really need that type of effect, I'll know where to get it.

-EDIT- Should have posted this in the Effects section. Meffy, can you move it there? Thank you.
Ta for the heads up.
my other modular synth is a bugbrand

Yeah, I'm wondering what virtual circuit bending is going on with this little box. How are people using/abusing Bitspeak? I'm thinking of buying it, I know it's probably a no brainer for many, but I'm not sure how I'd actually USE it... or how OFTEN I'd use it...

In case anyone is wondering... An effect for creating the voice in the purchase reminder (µTonic version 2) was heavily requested, so they finally built it!

It's incredibly simple, and I can't say how often I'll personally use it, but I think anyone demoing should know immediately if they want it or not. I actually bought it, because I was one of those people that liked the purchase reminder, and missed it immediately after buying µTonic. :help:

Love it. Bought it. It just happens to be an effect I was wanting to use for a project I'm just starting. Frighteningly good timing for me. :D
the old free version may not work boots successfully on new generations of computers, instruments, and hardware

I 'ucking LOVE anything which functions like this - it's absolutely beautiful. More importantly, it almost replaces the LPC functionality in Speakerphone (they won't implement midi2pitch), but not entirely.

WIZARD NEEDS FOOD BADLY

:)
It's

Shame It only works on mono tracks , wonder if they will update it to work on stereo tracks too ? , I'm on Mac/logic if that makes any difference

in logic just bounce the file to mono or use a mono maker plugin then hit the mono switch on the mixer strip, and enjoy:)

CinningBao wrote:I 'ucking LOVE anything which functions like this - it's absolutely beautiful. More importantly, it almost replaces the LPC functionality in Speakerphone (they won't implement midi2pitch), but not entirely.
I completely agree. ESPECIALLY disappointed with Speakerphone2...routable lfo are groovy, but they've had quite a while to fix getting ANY MIDI ch2 or ch3 capabilities for their Win version...but no longer is that a problem ;)
Long Live Bitspeek!!! :lol:
roboty goodness is back in the toolbox ;)

Is this effect also useful for non-vocal sounds?
No band limits, aliasing is the noise of freedom!

Thats what i would like to know too. Is it useful on drums & synth leads?

If you really want to be helpful, throw some sounds and loops at it and post an mp3! :)

It really takes over the synth sound - makes them sound voicey :) plays nice with reverb. I think it works better on more complex sounds.

The way it works in logic with stereo synths is probably a deal breaker for me. I might be doing something wrong(I don't use mono much), but you have to load a mono instrument first then load bitspeak then load the synth you want. Changing the mixer setting to mono output 1 or 2 after a stereo synth is loaded doesn't work. Maybe if I had a specific use for it it'd be worth it.

This thread is ancient, but I just heard of bitspeak yesterday. Would anyone like to chime in now and offer alternatives, or maybe talk about any updates to bitspeak since 2011 and their benefits? I figure this would be a quick and easy way to get my Hawking on, should I ever actually feel the need. Gonna try the demo. Hopefully they went stereo since this thread started. I'm not going to bother with mono.
In rotation here: Hammock- Stranded Under Endless Sky

rustman wrote:This thread is ancient, but I just heard of bitspeak yesterday. Would anyone like to chime in now and offer alternatives, or maybe talk about any updates to bitspeak since 2011 and their benefits? I figure this would be a quick and easy way to get my Hawking on, should I ever actually feel the need. Gonna try the demo. Hopefully they went stereo since this thread started. I'm not going to bother with mono.
You might want to read the most recent item at KVR's news section. :shrug:

http://www.kvraudio.com/news/sonic-char ... -2-1-28620
my other modular synth is a bugbrand

Return to “Effects”