Problems with loops in T3.

Discussion about: tracktion.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I'm finding more and more that projects with tracks composed of many acidized loops copied and pasted many times are crashing when I try to open them. I'll get the "Tracktion has encountered a problem and needs to close" message when I try to open some of the projects (but not all). I can't see any rhyme or reason to it but it has happened often enough that I know it's a problem with Tracktion and not a fluke.

I also know for sure it's the loops because when I move the loop folder so that Tracktion can't find the loops saved in a given project, those project will then open with no problem. These are commercial loops, BTW, so if there is something wrong with the loops themselves I wouldn't know what that might be.

Anyone else get this issue happening?

I'm on the verge of deleting all loops form all of my projects now in order to avoid having this happen again.
"You don’t expect much beyond a gaping, misspelled void when you stare into the cold dark place that is Internet comments."

---Salon on internet trolls attacking Cleveland kidnapping victim Amanda Berry

Well the loops are just loops, so it must be how tracktion's working with them.
Will add.

For a while I thought it was because I had too many of the same loop copied and pasted in a row (say, over 100 measures), but I've started having this same crash with well under that many measures.

It seems to be some kind of interaction while Tracktion is trying to load data into the project and may be something where some plug-ins are clashing with the loop loading process. Or it could be an error that happens as T3 tries to time stretch the loops. I don't know but it doesn't happen all the time. I'm pretty sure I could load a project with only loops and no plug-ins and I wouldn't have the crash. I'll have to test that.
"You don’t expect much beyond a gaping, misspelled void when you stare into the cold dark place that is Internet comments."

---Salon on internet trolls attacking Cleveland kidnapping victim Amanda Berry

Return to “Tracktion”