Free patches for Sonigen Modular

Official support for: sonigen.com
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi everyone,

i just had a little play with Sonigen Modular and created 8 patches. They were done quite fast so maybe they could be improved.

Here is the download:
https://rapidshare.com/files/351827525/ ... ches_1.zip

I have used Sonigen Modular v0.9.142 for this.

I hope that this collection will grow soon and i also encourage the others here to post some patches in this thread.

UPDATE:
I just updated the zip file which contains 8 patches now.

Ingo
Ingo Weidner
Win 10 Home 64-bit / mobile i7-7700HQ 2.8 GHz / 16GB RAM //
Live 10 Suite / Cubase Pro 9.5 / Pro Tools Ultimate 2021 // NI Komplete Kontrol S61 Mk1

The zip file in the OP is updated to 8 patches now. More will follow soon
hopfully.

I am working on some patches that use Crossmodulation (or basic "FM").

Ingo
Ingo Weidner
Live 10 Suite / Cubase Pro 9.5 / Pro Tools Ultimate 2021 // NI Komplete Kontrol S61 Mk1

There seem to be problems with loading my presets:
V'ger wrote:Yes very promising synth with gritty clear sound this. :tu:

And thx for the patches Ingo, but they will immediately cause a CTD in Reaper, Minihost and Savihost (Win XP 32) whether loaded from the internal browser or via the Win dialog.
more details: http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic ... c&start=15

Anyone who could confirm this?

I have done those on Ableton Live 8.2.2 and Windows 7 32-bit with Sonigen Modular 0.9.142.

Ingo
Ingo Weidner

Thanks for the patches, but shame about the error I'm getting loading them.

Sorry about the acronym, I usually don't like them either, just forgot. But means crash to desktop. All hosts just instantly goes poof upon load, no error message, nothing.

When loaded in a standalone instance of Sonigen it's the exact same deal.

But I have discovered that 2 of the patches will load in all hosts, the others will invariably cause the CTD:

Supersaw Strings 2 IW.smp
Synth Brass 1 IW.smp

V'ger wrote:Thanks for the patches, but shame about the error I'm getting loading them.

Sorry about the acronym, I usually don't like them either, just forgot. But means crash to desktop. All hosts just instantly goes poof upon load, no error message, nothing.

When loaded in a standalone instance of Sonigen it's the exact same deal.

But I have discovered that 2 of the patches will load in all hosts, the others will invariably cause the CTD:

Supersaw Strings 2 IW.smp
Synth Brass 1 IW.smp
Strange. Looks like both Chris and me could not reproduce this. Hopefully someone else could conform this.
Anyway i use both a different OS (Windows 7 32-bit) and a different DAW (Avleton Live 8.2.2) so both (OS or DAW) could be the reason of your crash.

UPDATE:
I just checked it with Reaper v3.76, no problems with loading too.
Is it possible that you use an older version of Sonigen Modular? I saved the patches with v0.9.142.

Ingo
Ingo Weidner

Ingonator wrote:Is it possible that you use an older version of Sonigen Modular?
That's what I thought could be the issue too, but checked and did have the latest version. But now there is a new beta out and sure enough, all your patches load fine.
Ingonator wrote:I saved the patches with v0.9.142.
As your patches was put up the day before this new beta release I guess you are on the beta team, but now we anyway all know that new presets can be toxic to old builds.

V'ger wrote: As your patches was put up the day before this new beta release I guess you are on the beta team, but now we anyway all know that new presets can be toxic to old builds.
No, i'm not on a "beta team" as it's a public beta. The version in the plugin was 0.9.142 while it was written as 0.9.137 at the website. The latest version is 0.9.148.

Ingo
Ingo Weidner

V'ger wrote:but now we anyway all know that new presets can be toxic to old builds.
They shouldnt be and it shouldnt just crash, you should get a "Sonigen Modular encountered a problem loading this patch" popup and it carry on.

Anyway i think I need start keeping an archive of old builds.

thanks,
Chris Jones
www.sonigen.com

sonigen wrote:
V'ger wrote:but now we anyway all know that new presets can be toxic to old builds.
They shouldnt be and it shouldnt just crash, you should get a "Sonigen Modular encountered a problem loading this patch" popup and it carry on.

Anyway i think I need start keeping an archive of old builds.

thanks,
When i publish an update with more patches i'll save them all with the latest version so maybe this could solve a problem with the patches too.

i have participated in some other betatests (also non-public) and it's mostly recommended to use the latest version.
Anyway it's good to keep at least the latest two versions. At the curent Betatest for Waldorf Lector there was a bug which was already fixed two versions ago and by mentioning this the dev was able to find and fix the problem.
As a developer it should be wise to keep at least around the last 5-8 versions IMO.

Ingo
Ingo Weidner

Ingonator wrote:No, i'm not on a "beta team" as it's a public beta. The version in the plugin was 0.9.142 while it was written as 0.9.137 at the website. The latest version is 0.9.148.
Oh I see, that explains it.
sonigen wrote:
Like I said it was the same for 3 hosts + the standalone in XP 32 (SP3), not only the synth crashed but the host too. And the crashing was so fast that maybe any error messages didn't have time to be shown.

Anyway, I like the synth and patches too. :)

Here is another report from the Instruments forum:
IrionDaRonin wrote:Crash to Desktop, occurs exactly the same in FL Studio too with this next error message.

"An error ocurred while trying to load the patch file"
"There was a fatal error while loading the plugin editor."

I have a clue.

I downloaded the Ingo patches and:

1st - Copied them into the "My documents - Sonigen" folder = Crash to desktop
with the error message.

2nd - Made a folder called Ingo near the Factory folder = Crash to desktop
with the same error message.

3rd - Tried finally to make a folder INTO the factory folder = crash to desktop too. So i think definitelly it has something in common with the folder.

So, i can't make any folder or any patches file near/into the Factory folder in "My documents - Sonigen" folder.

This could be a stupid error just caused by using different versions of the synth. Which can be solved just using the same version from the patches.
But this derivates in a new problem, the patch retrocompatibility between different versions of the synth.

By the way, great synth, i liked so much really.
Have you the intention to set as payware when beta finish? And which will be the price? I hope not much high.

Have a good day :)
BTW i stored the patches at C:\Users\Ingo Weidner\Own documents\Sonigen Modular Data\Patches\Ingo Weidner

I am also starting my hosts/DAWS (normally Ableton Live 8.2.2) with administrator rights as in other cases there could be problems with certain files/folder on partition C:.
Next time i'll try to use a different folder for this and i'll re-save with the latest version.

Ingo
Ingo Weidner

V'ger wrote:Like I said it was the same for 3 hosts + the standalone in XP 32 (SP3), not only the synth crashed but the host too. And the crashing was so fast that maybe any error messages didn't have time to be shown.
Sorry I didnt mean to imply that I doubted what you said happened, just meant to say it's not suppossed to do that. :)

Anyway I am looking into ATM.

Thanks,
Chris Jones
www.sonigen.com

I've found somthing based on IrionDaRonin & Ignoators comments.

If i create a limited user account, copy the patches into My Documents, and run the software from that account it CTDs attempting to load any patch. So i'll look into that for now.
Chris Jones
www.sonigen.com

Return to “Sonigen”