adj/bluedad 70's pop/rock 33 yrs in the making

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I wrote this song 33 years ago. I'd done one demo of it back in the 80's, but wasn't really happy with it.
So, after doing a bit of work with my pal adj, I dug it out and asked if he'd like to try working with it. After much begging on my part, he agreed. He can also fill in technical details, but my part involved playing piano and a touch of harmony.
So..here it is:
http://bluedad.com/adj_bluedad_Latin_Sneakers.mp3
Girls walking half naked around town
Driving in your car with the top down
Radio blasting the Loop 105
Showing yourself off again.
Stop at the light and honk the horn
You've just done three girls now you're back for more
They hear you coming from a mile away
Drawing straws to see who's next

chorus: It's your Latin Sneakers they're coming to see
They say it adds a touch to your personality
It's your Latin Sneakers they can't keep their hands off
And you can't turn them away.

Young girls and old girls all come around
Italian, Puerto Rican standing in the crowd
Chanting your name till it dies in the wind,
Then the sound of your horn gets them going again
They all write their numbers on cigarette packs
Mumbling to themselves "When's he coming back"
You're a tourist attraction not on any list
But they come from all over they don't want to miss..

chorus

Well, I've seen the look on your face
Your mechanical actions don't have the same grace
Your painted on smile is beginning to fade
Like the paint on your car wearing away
You could put up the top and turn the radio down
Take the mags off the wheels stop cruising around
I'll take over the girls that you leave behind
But it won't be the same.

chorus

Couldn't help but think of Grateful Dead's Shakedown Street album, or more so Jerry Garcia with that funky envelope filter on the clean strat guitar sound.

metalifuxx wrote:Couldn't help but think of Grateful Dead's Shakedown Street album, or more so Jerry Garcia with that funky envelope filter on the clean strat guitar sound.
Wow you got good ears! :shock:

What I did was click on that advert up on the right to try out the Fab Filter stuff free for 30 days, so I've been having a bit of fun with it. :lol:

Cheers mate & Thanks for stopping by to listen. :)

metalifuxx wrote:Couldn't help but think of Grateful Dead's Shakedown Street album, or more so Jerry Garcia with that funky envelope filter on the clean strat guitar sound.
The sound in here, is very very similar.

I'm glad it finally took shape.
Nice song, well done

Cheers

......and I thought Pink Floyd spent too long in the studio :hihi:

Seriously guys, this is a great song, with great lyrics.

I thought that the vocals bore more than a passing resemblance to Jim Morrison, but apparently I've been hearing the Doors in a lot of things lately. Must be Pizza flashbacks.

Thanks for sharing this one.

:D
Great song guys.
I'm not going to follow suit and make comparisons. I just think it sounds like alex and bluedad 8)
It's beautifully constructed with such a laid-back feel yet I do hear a very commercial hook in there somewhere. The mix quality is fab.

On a personal note ... I could hear my old mate Wyatt playing that Strat line in almost the same way (RIP)

Thanks for sharing. :love:

:wink:
James
---------------------------------------------
New Updated music site at - http://www.fraserology.com/music/

What a beautiful song! If I didn't know that's bluedad I could think it's some lost and found Warren Zevon outtake, something that sounds a 'real American song' to my Russian ears. But what's Loop 105 -- a station's name I gather?

Love it!
Straight in the 'keep' folder it goes 8)
It wasn't me! (well, actually, it probably was) - apparently now an 'elderly' so maybe I forgot!

Jazz Franco wrote:What a beautiful song! If I didn't know that's bluedad I could think it's some lost and found Warren Zevon outtake, something that sounds a 'real American song' to my Russian ears. But what's Loop 105 -- a station's name I gather?
That's a fantastic complement, thank you! Yeah, 'Loop 105'..not the original line I wrote, so in the rewrite I was thinking of radio stations. Back in the 70's I lived close to Chicago, and one of the stations there was called 'the Loop' (for the section of the city called 'the Loop' call letters WLUP). Although the numbers for the actual station are 97.9..but that had too many syllables!
Thanks for every one who listened, whether you comment or not!

Laguna Rising wrote:
I'm glad it finally took shape.
Nice song, well done

Cheers
Thanks LR -- it just really tells you Blue Dad's true age!

:hihi:
seismic1 wrote:......and I thought Pink Floyd spent too long in the studio :hihi:

Seriously guys, this is a great song, with great lyrics.

I thought that the vocals bore more than a passing resemblance to Jim Morrison, but apparently I've been hearing the Doors in a lot of things lately. Must be Pizza flashbacks.

Thanks for sharing this one.
Hey thanks seismic1! Thanks for listening! :)

No doubt 'The Lizard King' had a major influence on us all, for sure. :wink:
offthewall wrote::D
Great song guys.
I'm not going to follow suit and make comparisons. I just think it sounds like alex and bluedad 8)
It's beautifully constructed with such a laid-back feel yet I do hear a very commercial hook in there somewhere. The mix quality is fab.

On a personal note ... I could hear my old mate Wyatt playing that Strat line in almost the same way (RIP)

Thanks for sharing. :love:

:wink:
James
Many thanks James old mate -- that's a major compliment for sure. :hug:
Jazz Franco wrote:What a beautiful song! If I didn't know that's bluedad I could think it's some lost and found Warren Zevon outtake, something that sounds a 'real American song' to my Russian ears. But what's Loop 105 -- a station's name I gather?

Many thanks Jazz & glad you enjoyed it -- I think the entire effort has taken us this past two months.

folderol wrote:Love it!
Straight in the 'keep' folder it goes 8)
Hey young Will! Thanks mate -- it'll be in fine company in your keeper bin I'll bet! :)

Return to “Music Cafe”