Bug reports

Official support for: musicdevelopments.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Fyler RapidComposer

Yes, it arrived, thank you, yellukhan! I am still thinking on it...
https://www.musicdevelopments.com
Home of RapidComposer, Melodya, MIDI Mutator and Syne
All software 40% off during the Anniversary Sale until April 29!

ah cool then.

I'm seeing some odd painting in 2.9b14. If I start with an 8 bar comp with a C Major 120BPM piano and select the track and pick the Melody generator and hit F I get the notes for that track. This is with a I I IV IV V V I I Progression.

Then I add a second track, set it to use the SFBass, select it and pick the bass generator. Then I hit rewind and try and play the comp, the last few bars on the bass track though aren't showing any notes anymore (they vanished when I did the rewind (or maybe it's two presses of the rewind button in a row) or perhaps when a info message was overlaid)

The notes are there though: when the play head gets to them, then the notes revel themselves as the play head moves along. I'm not 100% sure when the notes on the bass track vanished. But it happens fairly easily/often
misingnotesonbasstrack.jpg
In this screen shot I think the notes vanished when one of the popup notifications (something about filling the track perhaps) showed up. It's not just the notes, extra darker areas appear on the track and then change as the play head moves.

I also noticed that the Piano track changed how it was playing/sounded while I was trying to narrow this down. Like it's MIDI settings were suddenly different. It became lower in volume. Then I fiddled it's options and suddenly it was back at full normal volume. Not really sure on that, I only saw it once (unlike this vanishing notes issue).
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
-Matt

Hi there, any news?
(especially join notes variation bug)

It is fixed for a long time, but no new beta version was uploaded.
I'll send you the latest windows version with the fixes.
Attila

Ah! good to hear,
but if it will cost extra effort-work to you, i can wait happily till new beta ready to everyone.

msorrels wrote:I'm seeing some odd painting in 2.9b14. If I start with an 8 bar comp with a C Major 120BPM piano and select the track and pick the Melody generator and hit F I get the notes for that track. This is with a I I IV IV V V I I Progression.
Hi Matt,

thank you for reporting this bug, I managed to fix it only yesterday. If you download the latest beta version (b15), this should work well.

Thanks,
Attila

New beta version available - probably the last one before v2.9

Please try the new note inspector, and let me know what you think. It appears after a right/secondary click either in the Phrase Editor, or in note editing mode (F2).

Improvements:
  • the new note inspector lets you conveniently edit the properties of multiple notes, with several transformations on selected notes
  • fix for a weird rendering problem when notes disappeared and appeared again during playback
  • making phrase copies and ghost copies work better
  • minor fix in the order of phrase rendering
  • minor fix in ghost phrase rendering
  • imported MIDI files in the VST plug-in now set the proper instrument
The beta version is available for OS X and Windows.

Thanks!
Attila

Hello Attila!
Thank you for a new beta!
My first impression of
  Inspector notes - just Brilliant!
Simple and effective! Thank you!
  Sincerely lulukom

Attila, is it possible to make the track variations were working in  " select editing mode", together with the Inspector notes? It would extend the possibilities, for example in the process of working with the Inspector notes, I would like to apply Limit range of notes from the "track variations"!

I like the new phrase editor features in v2.9b15 beta -- very cool! :tu:

I noticed that selecting the N/A articulation causes RapidComposer to crash:

[Core i7 8700 | 32GB DDR4 | Win11 x64 | Studio One 6 Pro | FL Studio ASIO/WASAPI ]

^^^ confirmed

Hi Attila,

The new Note Inspector is fantastic, thank you!

I also receive the error with the Articulation field as described above.

Thanks
Forrest

I am so happy that many of you already tried the new update! The articulations menu is being fixed. It does not crash anymore, but it does nothing; I realized this was the only part that I have not tested. I'll upload an update in a day or two with working articulations.

Thank you for the quick feedback!
Attila

Hi,
also there is one more thing that i wonder
if you switch Note Kind for example
Chord to Bass you can't get original phrase anymore when you switch to Chords again ...
is this is normal behavior ?

Return to “MusicDevelopments”