Bug reports

Official support for: musicdevelopments.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Fyler RapidComposer

Yes, articulations are supported. You can add articulations to a track ('Default Articulation' menu in the track inspector), to a phrase ('Articulation' menu in the phrase inspector), or to a note.

Articulation definitions for some sound libraries are included as .rcCTRL files in the DB folder. These are editable text files. If your instrument is not among the included ones, I will create such a file for you if you have the articulation specification somewhere for that instrument.

Thanks,
Attila
https://www.musicdevelopments.com
Home of RapidComposer, Melodya, MIDI Mutator and Syne
All software 40% off during the Anniversary Sale until April 29!

musicdevelopments wrote:
BlackWinny wrote:Here are the results of my tests:
Amazing, BlackWinny, this was a huge help, thank you!!! :tu:
Good news: I found and fixed the crashing bug which was added on May 31, that is all versions after (including) 2.7b5 had this issue. It is 10PM here, so the update will be uploaded only tomorrow. Thank you, BlackWinny for your help in testing! :hail:

Attila

musicdevelopments wrote:Yes, articulations are supported. You can add articulations to a track ('Default Articulation' menu in the track inspector), to a phrase ('Articulation' menu in the phrase inspector), or to a note.

Articulation definitions for some sound libraries are included as .rcCTRL files in the DB folder. These are editable text files. If your instrument is not among the included ones, I will create such a file for you if you have the articulation specification somewhere for that instrument.

Thanks,
Attila
great, thanks Attila

musicdevelopments wrote:
musicdevelopments wrote:
BlackWinny wrote:Here are the results of my tests:
Amazing, BlackWinny, this was a huge help, thank you!!! :tu:
Good news: I found and fixed the crashing bug which was added on May 31, that is all versions after (including) 2.7b5 had this issue. It is 10PM here, so the update will be uploaded only tomorrow. Thank you, BlackWinny for your help in testing! :hail:

Attila
Wonderful!

And after that, once the new update loaded tomorrow evening, I'll try with Reaper the issue I met with Mulab.
:tu:
Build your life everyday as if you would live for a thousand years. Marvel at the Life everyday as if you would die tomorrow.
I'm now severely diseased since September 2018.

Yes, BlackWinny, slowly everything will be fixed... the v2.71 update is already available for windows. For Mac OS X it will be uploaded later today.

Thanks!!
Attila

I just had a crash with 2.71 beta (built on August 13) in Studio One 2.

I think I double-clicked on VST Output on the Instruments pane. I was trying to remember how to load a vst since I had forgotten the procedure. I'll go back and watch the videos again.

Duh, I think I just realized I don't need to load a vst since I'm not in stand-alone mode.

Edit: I just had another crash in Studio One 2. First, the File menu became unresponsive in S1; then the whole top menu row kept flickering and my whole computer became unresponsive.
I think this is the first time I've had to actually power off my new Windows 8.1 machine since I bought it several months to a year ago.

I had been adding phrases to the Bossa Nova progression in the Composition window.

Hi Attila!
2.71 for MAC still unavailable?

I am demoing Studio One (V2 Pro) and noticed that when RC (Full version) is used as plugin the first notes after the loop replays is silent. The first time the phrase is played it is fine it is only then the section repeats that this happens.

My current work around is to move the first phrase forward 1/128 beat which although creates a slight delay at least plays all of the notes.

Tried it on Live 9 (latest version) and the latest version of Reaper as a plugin, the issue is not present.

Mac 10.9.4
Rapid Composer Full Version 2.71 (same happened in 2.7)
Presonus Studio One Demo 2.6.3.27792 OSX x86
"It's alright to say things can only get better,
You haven't lost your brand new sweater.
Pure new wool, and perfect stitches,
Not the type of jumper that makes you itches."

Sultans of Ping

tboneUS wrote:I am demoing Studio One (V2 Pro) and noticed that when RC (Full version) is used as plugin the first notes after the loop replays is silent. The first time the phrase is played it is fine it is only then the section repeats that this happens.

My current work around is to move the first phrase forward 1/128 beat which although creates a slight delay at least plays all of the notes.

Tried it on Live 9 (latest version) and the latest version of Reaper as a plugin, the issue is not present.

Mac 10.9.4
Rapid Composer Full Version 2.71 (same happened in 2.7)
Presonus Studio One Demo 2.6.3.27792 OSX x86
Thanks! It confirms my bug report just a few posts above with Mulab.
:tu:
Build your life everyday as if you would live for a thousand years. Marvel at the Life everyday as if you would die tomorrow.

I had a problem like that on Mac w/ Digital Performer, with an earlier version of RC (can't recall exact version, but it's part of this very long thread) and that Attila had fixed it. I haven't tried the newest version as a plugin yet, and hope the problem is not back. I'll report when I get a chance to try the RC plugin of the latest version (the one Attila will put out next shortly in response to these bug reports)

I vaguely recall the issue was the playhead was not returning all the way. Check the Master Track Timeline dialog to make sure it is completely to start and preceeds a note on value.

Now having said this, I find a bug :x

With the Timeline dialog open, my timeline is set to 0001.01.01.00.

I move the playhead to 0003.04.01.00 (right click on timeline to set new play position.)

I then double click the "Stop" button to move playhead to 0001.01.01.00, however, the Timeline Dialog still shows 0003.04.01.00

If I click anywhere on the timeline the dialog shows position correctly, including 0001.01.01.00.

However, if I double click the "Stop" button, the timeline dialog shows the last selected play position in the dialog.

This may be related to the note on position error the others are encountering. :shrug:

HTH

Happy Musiking!
dsan
My DAW System:
W7, i5, x64, 8Gb Ram, Edirol FA-101

Ah, so many issues! :bang:
Working on the fixes...
Thank you for reporting them!

Attila

lulukom wrote:Hi Attila!
2.71 for MAC still unavailable?
Hi lulukom,
it is already available. It was uploaded late evening yesterday. I expect there will be another maintenance update in a few days...
Attila

Ok... To help you, Attila, I have added a MIDI Monitor in the rack, between the output of RapidComposer and the input of the VST synth. You can see clearly with the video that a "Note On" is missing at the beginning of the loop and is replaced by a click that we hear clearly. To make the event very easy to see and to hear I have lowed down the tempo to 40. And to simplify, I have set the loop to only the two first measures. There is also something curious that you will see at the first seconds of the videos... there is a weird sequence "Note off 55" > "Note on 53" > "Note off 53" at the very beginning... which is not in the "composition", the composition starting with the note 60 (C4). And it is probably related... it just so happens that 55 and 53 are the last notes of the loop.

RapidComposer 2.7b9 and 2.7 release being not installable for the moment in my Reaper, I have kept the version 2.7b8 that you can see here (in Mulab 6). I think that the issue related by tboneUS is exactly the same as this one, and I think that the issue met by Denis is, yes, somewhere related to the same portion of the source code.

Here is the video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rjmH5rWWwOs

Great sleuth work Blackwinny! :tu:

That should be very helpful for Attila to find and fix easily.

Attila - don't let these bugs get you down. Look at it this way - job security :D

Actually I think you place them in to see if we can find them. Kinda like an Easter Egg hunt ;)

Keep up the good work my friend! :hug:

Happy Musiking!
dsan
My DAW System:
W7, i5, x64, 8Gb Ram, Edirol FA-101

Return to “MusicDevelopments”