Bug reports

Official support for: musicdevelopments.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Fyler RapidComposer

Ok, so, I was able to confirm that one.. The work around for the moment is to NOT create a harmony track, just let it change the progression, then add a track manually.

troby wrote: Mon Oct 02, 2023 7:41 pm I installed a new motherboard which has the same Realtek sound chip as I had before but has a different name for the output port, which is what Rapid Composer is configured for. I have uninstalled and reinstalled Rapid Composer and the sound chip driver, tried rebooting in safe mode. RC always comes up looking for the invalid device and immediately dies.

I can run the VST inside my DAW because it sets the audio device via the DAW. But I would like to be able to run standalone. This is Windows 11 latest updates. Is there a registry edit I can do to remove the invalid audio device name?
I am sorry for the late reply! For such an urgent request please send me an e-mail directly.

When there is an issue/crash with setting up audio: hold down the Option/Alt key when starting RapidComposer, and keep it held down until you see a message. Click on Settings / Audio, and set up audio there.

When you do this, no audio interface will be set initially, so it won't crash.

This is described in the Troubleshooting chapter in the user guide (Starting RapidComposer without audio).

Thanks,
Attila
https://www.musicdevelopments.com
Home of RapidComposer, Melodya, MIDI Mutator and Syne
All software 40% off during the Anniversary Sale until April 29!

BluGenes wrote: Wed Nov 01, 2023 11:27 am Ok, so, I was able to confirm that one.. The work around for the moment is to NOT create a harmony track, just let it change the progression, then add a track manually.
I was not able to reproduce this during a two-hour period. I even checked the source code but the Harmony track is created like a normal track :( :bang:
But I can see on your video that something is definitely wrong.

Thanks!
Attila

musicdevelopments wrote: Wed Nov 01, 2023 4:04 pm
BluGenes wrote: Wed Nov 01, 2023 11:27 am Ok, so, I was able to confirm that one.. The work around for the moment is to NOT create a harmony track, just let it change the progression, then add a track manually.
I was not able to reproduce this during a two-hour period. I even checked the source code but the Harmony track is created like a normal track :( :bang:
But I can see on your video that something is definitely wrong.

Thanks!
Attila
As it turns out, it's EZ Keys 2 causing the problem... So, I think everything is ok..

Hello.

RC5 crashes when saving track templates.

RC5 version 5.0.3
Mac OS 10.14.6&11.6.8(VSTi&Standalone).
Windows10 22H2(Standalone(Portable Use)).

milktrack88 wrote: Wed Nov 08, 2023 10:05 am Hello.

RC5 version 5.0.3
Mac OS 10.14.6&11.6.8(VSTi&Standalone).
Windows10 22H2(Standalone(Portable Use)).
Thanks.. I can confirm this..

milktrack88 wrote: Wed Nov 08, 2023 10:05 am Hello.

Yes, you are right! I am fixing this bug.
Thanks for reporting it!
Attila

The fix will be in v5.0.5 officially, but I re-uploaded v5.0.4 so that new users won't be affected by this bug.

Thanks!
Attila

musicdevelopments wrote: Thu Nov 09, 2023 6:16 pm The fix will be in v5.0.5 officially, but I re-uploaded v5.0.4 so that new users won't be affected by this bug.

Thanks!
Attila
Hello.
I appreciate letting us know about it.

Hello.

Thanks Attila.
5.0.5 is work fine!

And, Custom Phrases files created in Ver. 3.x&Ver.4.x can't be read in Ver. 5?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

v4 phrases can be read, but v3 phrases (like the ones you attached) are not supported since v4.5.
I can send you an older version that is able to import them, where you can save them in v4 format.
Please let me know.

Thanks,
Attila

Hi Attila,

I'm uncertain whether this is a bug or if it's intended functionality, but within the Idea Tool, is there a feature that allows automatic removal of phrases that have already been used (played) in the context of custom phrases? For instance, if I input 10 phrases, it appears to repeat some of them before cycling through the entire set, even when I do custom Order. Could there be an option to automatically remove played phrases to enhance the variety?"

If this option is already there could you please let me know. :tu:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Hi lovemusic15,

I am afraid there is no such option, to put aside the used phrases until all in the list have been used. I'll consider this as a future feature for selecting phrases from the list (added to my to-do list).

Thanks,
Attila

Thanks Attila, will the rest feature be updated soon as there's quite a few people requested this as you can see from this chat

viewtopic.php?p=8777330#p8777330

Thanks

Hi Attila,

I want to report 2 potential bugs.
I tried to connect VePro to RC in the standalone mode, and it works like a charm with only one stereo output, which to my needs is perfectly fine, since I was planning to use vepro mixing capabilities.
The first one is that when trying to assign the same VST to different tracks it dont work straight away, you need to add a second instance and then pick the first one and it works anyway.
The second one is more challenging and happens when trying to assing channels past 16 (2nd midi bus), I can assign them but when trying to play a note through the midi input (midi keyboard) RC crashes to desktop.

As always thanks a bunch!

Return to “MusicDevelopments”