Club Sandwich (ElectroProg - Seismic Dancefusion)

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

This took about 18 hours to record in September 2009. The Edit/Remix/Master took about 9 hours in August 2011. Most of this time was spent rectifying a corrupted EnergyXT project. I'm still not sure how I fixed it! This track was a conscious effort to make something a little more accessible, whilst retaining some integrity!

EDIT:20221231 mp3 link removed

as a potentially precipitative 320Kbps

http://soundcloud.com/whatsisname/club-sandwich

Get on down

Recorded in EnergyXT2.5.1/Remixed in EnergyXT2.5.4
Motion 2.8
EnergyXT Drum Sampler
AlphaCM
E-Mu ProteusVX
SynthMaster V1
GenesisCM1.02
DSK OranZe
T-RackS 3 Equalizer

DR - 9

EDIT:20240309 - now also on Youtube as a static video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UGbT7eHBpow
Last edited by seismic1 on Sat Mar 09, 2024 1:05 am, edited 4 times in total.

Bump - page 2 in 13 hours

I'm not usually bobbibg my head at sunrise on a sunday... :) Nicely done, great weaving together and layering. Had a bit of an 80s Faltermeyer vibe off the top for me... maybe it was when that arp came in... but it didn't really stay in that zone.
Image Image

i liked that. i think you've certainly retained your integrity!
cool tune :)

neil.

p.s. i got on down with my funky self

Reminds me a lot of the theme song for Eddie Murphy's movie 48 Hours -- one of my favs!

Nice 80's groove cooking -- especially with that slurpy B3 :wink:

Alex

polyslax wrote:I'm not usually bobbibg my head at sunrise on a sunday... :) Nicely done, great weaving together and layering. Had a bit of an 80s Faltermeyer vibe off the top for me... maybe it was when that arp came in... but it didn't really stay in that zone.
This track was a lot of fun to put together. Even when the project became corrupted during the remix, I always had a fallback in being able to reload the original project and starting the remix again!

I hope your neck survived the early morning exercise. Glad you enjoyed this.

macmurphy wrote:i liked that. i think you've certainly retained your integrity!
cool tune :)

neil.

p.s. i got on down with my funky self
Thanks for listening and commenting Neil. Glad you enjoyed this! :)

Nice mix/choice of sounds/groove/structure!

Good one! :)

adj wrote:Reminds me a lot of the theme song for Eddie Murphy's movie 48 Hours -- one of my favs!

Nice 80's groove cooking -- especially with that slurpy B3 :wink:

Alex
Glad you enjoyed this Alex. That organ is the B Wheel-X1 preset from EMU Proteus VX.

Thanks for listening and commenting.

any1particular wrote:Nice mix/choice of sounds/groove/structure!

Good one! :)
Thanks for listening and commenting Chuck.

Nice Detroit-y groove you have going on here. I usually shy away from organ sounds but the organ in this track works perfectly - I couldn't imagine anything else playing the part. Nicely done :)

you can hear echoes of a lot of other pieces in here, so it's got that pastiche thing working (and it works well), but the harmony seems much more worked out and interesting than most music in this genre. kept it very interesting. and of course, it grooves pretty hard as well.

Luv the organ!

mikusan wrote:Nice Detroit-y groove you have going on here. I usually shy away from organ sounds but the organ in this track works perfectly - I couldn't imagine anything else playing the part. Nicely done :)
I don't use organ that much, but I just knew I had to have one on here. After a bit of hunting around, I found the B Wheel-X1 in EMU Proteus VX. It seemed to fit very well.

Thanks for listening and commenting. Glad you liked it.

jopy wrote:you can hear echoes of a lot of other pieces in here, so it's got that pastiche thing working (and it works well), but the harmony seems much more worked out and interesting than most music in this genre. kept it very interesting. and of course, it grooves pretty hard as well.
Hey Johann,

Thanks for listening and thanks for the complimentary comments.

:D

Return to “Music Cafe”