Nu Fusion Sprinkled With A Dusting Of DubStep & Rocked Out Guitar? :^/ Huh?

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

http://any1particular.opendrive.com/fil ... t%20It.mp3

http://chucksilva.bandcamp.com/track/dying-to-get-it

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AhY4Rrv73lE

I know this track is rather esoteric and not everyone's cup of tea?

None the less feel free to leave a comment positive or negative.

Candid constructive criticism is appreciated.

In case anyone's interested:

Ableton Live is the creative launch pad for this track-inspired by Dubstep-I know it's not REAL Dubstep by any streatch but I find it interesting?

The guitar is a Fender Strat recorded direct using Live 6's Pod X 3. Bass-NI's Massive, pads-Z3Ta, drums-Battery...

I hope you can find something to like about it?

Oooh love that Fender, it's smashed into very nice sounding "trashy" distortion (if you know what I mean) which I find very hard to do. It's not nasally, it's not clean, but it's still melodic and pleasant. Love the panning and filtered delay work on this too. It does have a vibe of Fusion as if brought into the modern world. Cool!

kudos on the guitar tone !...
ambivalent towards the rest ...

AetherCoyl wrote:Oooh love that Fender, it's smashed into very nice sounding "trashy" distortion (if you know what I mean) which I find very hard to do. It's not nasally, it's not clean, but it's still melodic and pleasant. Love the panning and filtered delay work on this too. It does have a vibe of Fusion as if brought into the modern world. Cool!
Thanks for the thoughtful reply Andy. I'm checking Zone Of Possible Shadows (2011 remix) as I write this-NICE!

normal wrote:kudos on the guitar tone !...
Thanks for taking the time to post Normal! I appreciate your candor!

any1particular wrote:
i meant to compliment you , on your guitar playing , as well ...

normal wrote:
any1particular wrote:
i meant to compliment you , on your guitar playing , as well ...
It's totally cool...music in general is SO subjective...and with the untold number of genres and sub genres shhheeeeeesssshh....it's overwhelming...to me at least?

It's way cool that you took the time to post and thanks for the compliment! Let me know if you have music to share.

Love the tone of that Strat Chuck. I was reminded of SRV's sound and there was one lick that cried Jimi. Loved the Bass sound on here as well.
Last edited by seismic1 on Mon Sep 19, 2011 10:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

That's some serious chops you got there dude, great biting tone against an ultra-modern backing - what's not to like? :D

This track brought a big smile to my face.

btw, good to see (hear) another Line6 user 8)

I love what's going on here rhythmically... beautiful stuff! Chuck, you've got some really great guitar moves... fluid, melodic, emotional, and rhythmically aware. Dig this a lot!
Image Image

as usual, it's the sheer amount of variety in your tracks that blows me away. this changes feel so many times; tons of different flavors in your baskin robbins.

I think I drooled on my desk while listening to this because I sat their with my mouth open the whole time lol Seriously good productions value and great guitar playing. Bravo!! :clap:

i highly recommend people play the mp3 and not the youtube one because the sound quality is much better on the mp3.
my music: http://www.alexcooperusa.com
"It's hard to be humble, when you're as great as I am." Muhammad Ali

As for an exciting production sound and guitar sounds with some acrobatics, you've hit the mark of excellence. The opening is as if Zawinul and Pastorious have put out a new tune all the way from heaven. Those are the good parts and they really are...but I feel you could have made something great here if you had more time and patience Chuck.
I do it all the time, but I don't post it...so i don't post, and that's a bad thing I guess, maybe.
Most ppl don't have your talents and never will. I'd love to hear what you'd come up with if you REALLY worked at it. :D
....................Don`t blame me for 'The Roots', I just live here. :x

Oh my! For some reason I'm not getting that happy '(KVR) Topic Notification ' email from these posts??? Strange?
seismic1 wrote:Love the tone of that Strat Chuck. I was reminded of SRV's sound and there was one lick that cried Jimi. Loved the Bass sound on here as well.
Thanks Tim. (listening to Felonious Monk again while writing this) It's so cool that peeps have such open minds round the cafe. Stevie Ray Vaughn!!! oh my! I had a love affair with him back in the day (as did a million others)...at the time he hit the planet like a comet I had my 1965 Strat (sold it a while back :() tricked out like his: over-sized bass frets heavy gage strings (I could only handle 12s on top-j\I'm just not strong enough to bend 13 gage) Texas special pickups blah blah blah... Of course I was also in love with the usual suspects-Eric Clapton from The Cream days-Jeff Beck-blow by blow was the bible...Robin Trower...and on and on...
mikusan wrote:That's some serious chops you got there dude, great biting tone against an ultra-modern backing - what's not to like? :D

This track brought a big smile to my face.

btw, good to see (hear) another Line6 user 8)
Thanks Mike and I'm keeping an eye out for a cheap (I have to be frugal you know?) John Petrucci MusicMan guitar :) The problem I have with the Line 6 Pod x 3 is there are tooooooo many choices...us attention deficit types get overwhelmed easily :^/
polyslax wrote:I love what's going on here rhythmically... beautiful stuff! Chuck, you've got some really great guitar moves... fluid, melodic, emotional, and rhythmically aware. Dig this a lot!

Thanks Matt. you're a HUGE inspiration round the cafe!!!

jopy wrote:as usual, it's the sheer amount of variety in your tracks that blows me away. this changes feel so many times; tons of different flavors in your baskin robbins.
Thank you Johann for your thoughtful reply-you were partly responsible for me purchasing a bass guitar I do believe :)...

Return to “Music Cafe”