Login / Register 0 items | $0.00 New @ KVR
mikusan
KVRian

691 posts since 26 Jun, 2003, from UK

Postby mikusan; Sat Jan 21, 2012 2:46 pm Ice Desert - ambient chillout from your friendly neighbourhood Mikusan

Ok...here I am, tiptoeing out into the new year with a bit of chilled ambient. Back to more familiar (for me) territory - no mucking about with microphones and real instruments on this one :)

Here's the link:

http://k004.kiwi6.com/hotlink/matiw83xkx/icedesert.mp3

and a soundcloud link too:
http://soundcloud.com/mikusan/icedesert

Hope you like my old direction :D

As always, all comments gratefully received...
JJBiener
KVRian

1026 posts since 26 Nov, 2005

Postby JJBiener; Sat Jan 21, 2012 3:07 pm

Very nice. I like it a lot. I could certainly stand to hear more like it. Please keep us updated on any new pieces you do.
seismic1
KVRAF

8867 posts since 13 Mar, 2009, from UK

Postby seismic1; Sat Jan 21, 2012 4:31 pm

Nice work Mike. Very chilled indeed and with some lovely sounds as well. I am going to stick my neck out and postulate the presence of presents on this piece (if you catch my drift). :hihi:
polyslax
KVRAF

8086 posts since 11 Dec, 2003, from Canada

Postby polyslax; Sat Jan 21, 2012 6:45 pm

Beautiful and mysterious... really a lovely piece Mike. :love:
Image Image
mikusan
KVRian

Postby mikusan; Sun Jan 22, 2012 4:12 am

JJBiener wrote:Very nice. I like it a lot. I could certainly stand to hear more like it. Please keep us updated on any new pieces you do.

Thanks JJ for taking the time to listen and comment. I always post here and on Soundcloud when I have new stuff :)
mikusan
KVRian

Postby mikusan; Sun Jan 22, 2012 4:22 am

seismic1 wrote:Nice work Mike. Very chilled indeed and with some lovely sounds as well. I am going to stick my neck out and postulate the presence of presents on this piece (if you catch my drift). :hihi:

:lol: Hey Tim - I do indeed catch your drift, and you're quite right, some of the chimes (not the 'lead' instrument, that's Rhino) are courtesy of Chromaphone. Glad you liked it :)
mikusan
KVRian

Postby mikusan; Sun Jan 22, 2012 4:26 am

polyslax wrote:Beautiful and mysterious... really a lovely piece Mike. :love:

Thanks Matt...mysterious, eh? Coming from you I take that as a huge compliment :D
jopy
KVRAF

1580 posts since 13 Nov, 2005, from St. Paul

Postby jopy; Sun Jan 22, 2012 11:29 am

at first this seems like a bit of relaxing but innocuous ambient, but then you slide in some very nice dissonance and harmonic movement to build the tension making this a much more interesting and special sort of piece. enjoyed the journey very much.
mikusan
KVRian

Postby mikusan; Sun Jan 22, 2012 2:07 pm

jopy wrote:at first this seems like a bit of relaxing but innocuous ambient, but then you slide in some very nice dissonance and harmonic movement to build the tension making this a much more interesting and special sort of piece. enjoyed the journey very much.

Thanks for listening, and the kind words Jopy. Glad you enjoyed it :)
D.H. Miltz
D.H. MOD

11299 posts since 20 Jun, 2008

Postby D.H. Miltz; Mon Jan 23, 2012 5:16 am

In one or two places the highs are too much for me, but other than that I liked this. Thank you.
mikusan
KVRian

Postby mikusan; Tue Jan 24, 2012 12:09 am

D.H. Miltz wrote:In one or two places the highs are too much for me, but other than that I liked this. Thank you.

I know what you mean, and I was tempted to smooth them out a bit at the mixdown stage, but I chose some of the sounds because of their harshness, which I felt fitted the theme of the piece...Thanks for taking the time to listen and comment :)
Programentalist
KVRian

657 posts since 21 Aug, 2003

Postby Programentalist; Wed Jan 25, 2012 3:42 pm

Very atmospheric stuff, and enough subtle changes and such to keep me interested (in a laid back sort of way, a head banging experience it is not :hihi: ). Good work!
mikusan
KVRian

Postby mikusan; Thu Jan 26, 2012 1:57 am

Programentalist wrote:Very atmospheric stuff, and enough subtle changes and such to keep me interested (in a laid back sort of way, a head banging experience it is not :hihi: ). Good work!

:lol: thanks for listening and the kind words 8) My next piece will be a bit...less subtle, shall we say :D

Moderators: DrApostropheX, Scoops, Moderators (Main)

Return to Music Cafe