Login / Register 0 items | $0.00 New @ KVR
mikusan
KVRian
 
691 posts since 26 Jun, 2003, from UK

Postby mikusan; Sat Jan 21, 2012 2:46 pm Ice Desert - ambient chillout from your friendly neighbourhood Mikusan

Ok...here I am, tiptoeing out into the new year with a bit of chilled ambient. Back to more familiar (for me) territory - no mucking about with microphones and real instruments on this one :)

Here's the link:

http://k004.kiwi6.com/hotlink/matiw83xkx/icedesert.mp3

and a soundcloud link too:
http://soundcloud.com/mikusan/icedesert

Hope you like my old direction :D

As always, all comments gratefully received...
User avatar
JJBiener
KVRian
 
1026 posts since 26 Nov, 2005

Postby JJBiener; Sat Jan 21, 2012 3:07 pm

Very nice. I like it a lot. I could certainly stand to hear more like it. Please keep us updated on any new pieces you do.
User avatar
seismic1
KVRAF
 
8867 posts since 13 Mar, 2009, from UK

Postby seismic1; Sat Jan 21, 2012 4:31 pm

Nice work Mike. Very chilled indeed and with some lovely sounds as well. I am going to stick my neck out and postulate the presence of presents on this piece (if you catch my drift). :hihi:
polyslax
KVRAF
 
8086 posts since 11 Dec, 2003, from Canada

Postby polyslax; Sat Jan 21, 2012 6:45 pm

Beautiful and mysterious... really a lovely piece Mike. :love:
Image Image
mikusan
KVRian
 
691 posts since 26 Jun, 2003, from UK

Postby mikusan; Sun Jan 22, 2012 4:12 am

JJBiener wrote:Very nice. I like it a lot. I could certainly stand to hear more like it. Please keep us updated on any new pieces you do.


Thanks JJ for taking the time to listen and comment. I always post here and on Soundcloud when I have new stuff :)
mikusan
KVRian
 
691 posts since 26 Jun, 2003, from UK

Postby mikusan; Sun Jan 22, 2012 4:22 am

seismic1 wrote:Nice work Mike. Very chilled indeed and with some lovely sounds as well. I am going to stick my neck out and postulate the presence of presents on this piece (if you catch my drift). :hihi:


:lol: Hey Tim - I do indeed catch your drift, and you're quite right, some of the chimes (not the 'lead' instrument, that's Rhino) are courtesy of Chromaphone. Glad you liked it :)
mikusan
KVRian
 
691 posts since 26 Jun, 2003, from UK

Postby mikusan; Sun Jan 22, 2012 4:26 am

polyslax wrote:Beautiful and mysterious... really a lovely piece Mike. :love:


Thanks Matt...mysterious, eh? Coming from you I take that as a huge compliment :D
jopy
KVRAF
 
1580 posts since 13 Nov, 2005, from St. Paul

Postby jopy; Sun Jan 22, 2012 11:29 am

at first this seems like a bit of relaxing but innocuous ambient, but then you slide in some very nice dissonance and harmonic movement to build the tension making this a much more interesting and special sort of piece. enjoyed the journey very much.
mikusan
KVRian
 
691 posts since 26 Jun, 2003, from UK

Postby mikusan; Sun Jan 22, 2012 2:07 pm

jopy wrote:at first this seems like a bit of relaxing but innocuous ambient, but then you slide in some very nice dissonance and harmonic movement to build the tension making this a much more interesting and special sort of piece. enjoyed the journey very much.


Thanks for listening, and the kind words Jopy. Glad you enjoyed it :)
D.H. Miltz
D.H. MOD
 
11299 posts since 20 Jun, 2008

Postby D.H. Miltz; Mon Jan 23, 2012 5:16 am

In one or two places the highs are too much for me, but other than that I liked this. Thank you.
mikusan
KVRian
 
691 posts since 26 Jun, 2003, from UK

Postby mikusan; Tue Jan 24, 2012 12:09 am

D.H. Miltz wrote:In one or two places the highs are too much for me, but other than that I liked this. Thank you.


I know what you mean, and I was tempted to smooth them out a bit at the mixdown stage, but I chose some of the sounds because of their harshness, which I felt fitted the theme of the piece...Thanks for taking the time to listen and comment :)
Programentalist
KVRian
 
657 posts since 21 Aug, 2003

Postby Programentalist; Wed Jan 25, 2012 3:42 pm

Very atmospheric stuff, and enough subtle changes and such to keep me interested (in a laid back sort of way, a head banging experience it is not :hihi: ). Good work!
mikusan
KVRian
 
691 posts since 26 Jun, 2003, from UK

Postby mikusan; Thu Jan 26, 2012 1:57 am

Programentalist wrote:Very atmospheric stuff, and enough subtle changes and such to keep me interested (in a laid back sort of way, a head banging experience it is not :hihi: ). Good work!


:lol: thanks for listening and the kind words 8) My next piece will be a bit...less subtle, shall we say :D

Moderators: DrApostropheX, Scoops, Moderators (Main)

Return to Music Cafe