Polyslax - Textured Air

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Down tempo ambient cinemascape with a healthy dose of experimental noise thrown in.

Textured Air

Out at SoundCloud as well:

http://soundcloud.com/polyslax/textured-air

9:34 mins

Thanks to all who have a listen. :)
Image Image

I've posted a bunch of comments on your Soundcloud, but I'll try to summarize.

First of all, great piece, very nice and emotive work!

It starts great with some noise(s) I love, and when the piano comes in first it's really lovely. Then I feel perhaps you drag it out slightly too much before the piano comes in again. That's really the only place though, after that the pacing works great. My only real gripe after that is that the subtle piano playing (where I feel the emotion of the track is) is fighting for attention with the bass at a few places. That's really my only gripe with the mix. Love the ending of the song too.

All in all excellent work, making something as long as this interesting to listen to is not a skill all have!

And I never saw the word groove in the blurb :hihi: That 1:36-4:14 section is a minimalist masterpiece, and the rest is really sweet. Those ghostly vocals towards the end are seriously unsettling.

Great track :tu:

The sound in the beginning sounds like you sampled an insect trapped in a jar. I like this track. It is very good & you have great taste.

Nearer the abstract end of the polyslax spectrum. Also lovely. Balm on the scrape of an irritating evening. Thanks.
No longer a moderator.

wonderful work Matt. i like it when you go dark-side. the force is strong on this one :D

neil.

Thanks everyone, your time and comments are much appreciated!

Programentalist - yes, the arrangement was a bit of a battle as I knocked it down from the original mix of 13-14 minutes.
seismic1 wrote:Those ghostly vocals towards the end are seriously unsettling.
Thanks, I quite liked the effect as well... I made some sounds akin to singing and then processed the crap out of them. :)
MinutesOfArc wrote:The sound in the beginning sounds like you sampled an insect trapped in a jar.
I have actually done that and used it in a track. For this track it's actually just my voice, granularized and rather messed up.
Image Image

at first i thought my pc took bad drugs
at 2nd thought, perhaps i was the one who took the drugs but forgot about it.
When the piano came in i realised this was just your awesome treat.
If your not sure how to label this let me give it a try, how about:

Down tempo ambient cinemascape with a sick dose of experimental noise thrown in.

Lovely weird stuff on this weird day
Big hug. btw ... that beat is lovely! Very punchy

Just listened to your track. Like the atmosphere and the kind of toy piano sound at the end of it.

Classy stuff, and quite a journey too, with plenty of highlights: scary moments, lovely meandering piano lines, always interesting beats...I could have listened to the full 14minutes - bring it on :D

Cheers my friends, very kind of you. :)
Image Image

Lovely tune, enjoyed much as per usual :tu:
Rekkerd.org the latest news on audio plugins, sample libraries & virtual instruments, synth presets & more.
Don't click here if you can't control yourself!

Many thanks Ronnie!
Image Image

Return to “Music Cafe”