What is KVR Audio? | Submit News | Advertise | Developer Account

Options (Affects News & Product results only):

Format:
Include:
Quick Search KVR

"Quick Search" KVR Audio's Product Database, News Items, Developer Listings, Forum Topics and videos here. For advanced Product Database searching please use the full product search. For the forum you can use the phpBB forum search.

To utilize the power of Google you can use the integrated Google Site Search.

Products 0

Developers 0

News 0

Forum 0

Videos 0

Search  

How to send info from one Max/MSP patch to another

DSP, Plug-in and Host development discussion.

Moderator: Moderators (Main)

Teeleh
KVRist

135 posts since 1 Jun, 2009, from Colorado Springs, Colorado

Postby Teeleh; Sat Mar 24, 2012 12:38 pm How to send info from one Max/MSP patch to another

Does anyone know how to do this? I'm using Max4Live and I need to know this.
whyterabbyt
Beware the Quoth

21621 posts since 3 Sep, 2001, from R'lyeh Oceanic Amusement Park and Funfair

Postby whyterabbyt; Sat Mar 24, 2012 12:59 pm

Teeleh wrote:Does anyone know how to do this? I'm using Max4Live and I need to know this.

The UDP objects?

http://cycling74.com/docs/max6/dynamic/ ... schapter03

If you want a fuller protocol, you could use OSC.
xh3rv
KVRAF

1607 posts since 10 Dec, 2008, from Minneapolis

Postby xh3rv; Sat Mar 24, 2012 1:17 pm

Check pattrmarker. Basically there's a global Max environment which you can get at. I'm not great with the details but you might try the Abe forums or Cycling '74, both have a good amount of 'asked an answered' type stuff at the least and are generally helpful.

OSC is not really comparable to Max or a networking protocol :S [e: probably wasn't what was said anyway - OSC is in any case a lot less impressive than I thought it was when I took a better look at it]
skrasms
KVRist

324 posts since 1 Feb, 2005, from Portland

Postby skrasms; Sun Mar 25, 2012 8:27 am

The send and receive objects (or send~ and receive~ for audio) can pass data between patches. They could also pass data between pluggo plugins, which eventually became Max4Live. Last time I checked in Max4Live, send/receive still worked. Make sure the send and receive objects have global names like "some_name" and not local names like "---some_name"

Moderator: Moderators (Main)

Return to DSP and Plug-in Development