100BPM: Ouroboros (re-done guitar, vocals)

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

i'm making another album - epitaph - by re-doing (new parts, new mixes) favorites from the past. this is the same drum track from before, with different guitar and vocals.

Ouroboros
Ogg Vorbis

Nice work, mrblitz. I'm going from memory here, but I think it's cleaner than I remember :? I still like that 'tron :)

Same here, I remember it for being hazy, this one sounds better iIrc
:tu:

Cheers

To be sure I checked out the version still on-line at : http://archive.org/details/StardustTunes

Slightly different...
The vocals are much clearer on this one though (imo)

8)

thanks for the comments!

this version has the original lyrics, which are without the 'waste case situation (scenario)' lines. the closing verses were moved 'up', so the guitar solo could get its own 'time slot', without the outgoing verses being sung alongside. you can definitely hear the guitar 'crank up' a bit when the vocals are 'done'. it's because the vocals were causing the guitar to duck.

i didn't 'totally nail' the guitar part, but figured it was a good representation of how it would play out in a typical 'live' situation - warts and all.

is the 'bass line' here too loud? does it have any 'punch' whatsoever?

in this mix, the snare should be 'fuller', as a cut on the drum track at 200hz on the previous version(s) was removed.

Yes, the snare and vocals on the new version are much better. I don't think the bass is too loud.

excellent. there's much more clarity and presence overall.
'nailed' or not, the guitar part is great :tu:

neil.

Bass is OK imo

Return to “Music Cafe”