Deccan Traps - Naiad (tweaked)

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

a new tune for your delectation. it only took ten attempts at mixing it to get it (hopefully) right. hope you enjoy :wink:

(now modified for more high end)

Naiad 5.32

http://soundcloud.com/deccan-traps/naiad

thank you,

neil.
Last edited by macmurphy on Sat Apr 28, 2012 9:01 am, edited 3 times in total.

Wow, love this Neil! Only on cans but I think the mix sounds good... and I can hear that you had a real wall of sound and lots of noisy sources to deal with. The feel of this is hard to describe... mysterious perhaps. The 3 breaks where the strings and high synth come in are very satisfying... something just gels there and, bang! I want them to go on, but I appreciate your restraint at the same time.
Image Image

I enjoyed this one a lot. It has a great, dark feel, with a very thick atmosphere, so much so that I required a very sharp knife to cut my way out of here. Lovely pacing and I think the length is spot-on. Some great dirty sounds on here.

Nice work :)

Wow. :shock:

Great work! :)
Blue Phase Music

thanks so much guys! your kind words are humbling, i appreciate it :)

neil.

not sure if it is my ears, but sounds like the beats, especially the higher frequency parts could be quite a bit up in the mix. That is such a deep dark magnificent bed, the say kick could shatter through it, and the cymbal kind of, annoyingly almost, loudly ringing. Nobody else has mentioned this, so it is probably just my quirk I guess, :shrug: just seems like power drumming would fit.

cool stuff.

thanks fatc :)

listening back you may well be right about the high end - my ears might have been fatigued from hearing it so many times :cry:
i'll endeavour to do a bit of a tweak and post the results.
thanks for listening and commenting mate.

neil.

I really like it.

My type of electronica. Kind of like BOC meets The Crystal Method. Agreed, I was wanting to hear more high end on the hihat/cymbals or the levels raised a tad, plus a little more snap on the snare maybe with a nice resonant reverb tail. But it sounded good on my Senhieser HD280 cans. Keep the droney atmospheric melodic parts in the forefront though.

cool, heard things I didn't before.

what is the deep wide synth ?? sure sounds cool ? Imposcar ?

fateamenabletochange wrote:cool, heard things I didn't before.

what is the deep wide synth ?? sure sounds cool ? Imposcar ?
excellent :)

the synth you mentioned is the Pro II from Wave Alchemy. highly recommended!

neil.

Definitely got more sizzle to it now. Sounding great in the cans. Still loving the track.
Image Image

wow, this sounds massive! Sounds great through my cheapo Sony headphones; can't wait till everyone else is up and I turn up the monitors.

Wow.. nice atmosphere you have created here.. sounds amazing.
satYatunes - Sound and Graphic Designer
Beautiful UI and skins for VST plugins.
Website | Portfolio

thanks for listening and commenting, folks. it's very much appreciated :)

neil.

Return to “Music Cafe”