Beat Zampler: free sample workstation by Synapse Audio

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Beat Black Mamba Commodore 64 Synthesizer Sessions DELUXE Zampler Zampler

I didn't get this. I have EXS24 and Kontakt, so would I even need to bother with the download?

well, if you're used to working Kontakt (which can also load SFZ afaik), then perhaps you really don't need Zampler.

however, it's just a 1mb download, with a simple copy/paste installation process. can't hurt to check it out and see for yourself? it's my new SFZ player of choice, because it's fast and easy to work with.
Bedroom Producers Blog << Free VST Plugins!

djshire wrote:I didn't get this. I have EXS24 and Kontakt, so would I even need to bother with the download?
what dont you get?

whats your point?

Kriminal wrote:
djshire wrote:I didn't get this. I have EXS24 and Kontakt, so would I even need to bother with the download?
what dont you get?

whats your point?
I didn't get the Beat Zampler....as in didn't download it. I'm just wondering if I should bother given what I already have.

probably not unless you use a ton of soundfonts

djshire wrote:
Kriminal wrote:
what dont you get?

whats your point?
I didn't get the Beat Zampler....as in didn't download it. I'm just wondering if I should bother given what I already have.
if the two you have play sfz files i'd say no. This is a pretty basic player (with regards to sfz opcodes) with good features (filters, MM etc etc)

Wait for the commercial version

I say get it and try it for drum samples. To me in Logic it sounds really good. Very impressed with it.

Is there no previous/next button for sfz files?! Have i missed something? Right now i have to open the browser and scroll down and select next of 159 files :shock:
:hug:

David T wrote:I say get it and try it for drum samples. To me in Logic it sounds really good. Very impressed with it.
Ok, I have Ultrabeat and Battery 3. Are the drums better than whats offered from those two sources?

mztk wrote:thanks for that link, Irion :tu:
first reaction to topic = :o wahhhh?
bear in mind the old Orion sampler is pretty cool.
i reckon it could do with a full-on update. you do
have to use it in Orion though, but that's ok with me.
looking forward to checking this thing out, but i'm confused
about the difference between sf2 and sfz.
to answer the following question about SF2 and SFZ:
SF2 is a soundfont2 file and the SFZ is actually a
sample library with a SFZ xml style script that acts
like a preset for a vst but it is in a format that can
be used for any SFZ player which is basically a sampler
that uses this format SFZ, SFZ themselves don't work with
out the actual samples themselves. If you use windows than
you can buy a software called Extreme Sample Converter
and i think 3.5.9 is the current version or maybe 3.6.9
i forget but you can convert a kontakt sample library to
a sfz or sf2 or Emulator3X format as well as gigasampler
and sampletank formats, i know there is a MACOSX software
like this maybe opensource but i forget the name of it.

I think they should make Orion instruments as VST for all
DAW's to use them in like cubase or flstudio or abletonlive
but yes i would want their orion sampler as a vsti for use
in flstudio or cubase.

Crackbaby wrote:Is there no previous/next button for sfz files?! Have i missed something? Right now i have to open the browser and scroll down and select next of 159 files :shock:

Anyone..? :help:

If you got Alchemy Player do you need Zampler?

If its purely for soundfont playing, probably not (and it sounds like Zampler doesnt have quite as many SFZ attributes supported)

However zampler seems quite interesting in that it uses SFZ for the sample setup, but also has onboard effects + arp + modulation etc so you can play around with the sound a bit more. I cant remember if alchemy player lets you use the effects or not.
I guess its like a baby DUNE, but using samples instead of oscillators.

gamecat666 wrote:However zampler seems quite interesting in that it uses SFZ for the sample setup, but also has onboard effects + arp + modulation etc so you can play around with the sound a bit more. I cant remember if alchemy player lets you use the effects or not.
Alchemy Player has 8 tweak able effects + 2 XY pads and an ADSR envelope

But isn't alchemy player SF2 and zampler SFZ? that 2/Z is a big factor here.. :)

Return to “Instruments”