Jupiter-8 Factory Patches for OP-X PRO-II released! Listen to comparison clips - free download!

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Jupiter-8 Collection for SonicProjects OP-X PRO-II released! It includes the full original Jupiter-8 Factory Soundset (64) plus an additional bank of custom user sounds (64) derived from them.

This gives you a total of 128 authentic new Jupiter-8 patches!

Factory patches medley:

OP-X PRO-II - Jupiter-8 Factories

User patches medley:

OP-X PRO-II - Jupiter-8 User Sounds

No external treatment involved.
All heard sounds are coming directly from OP-X PRO-II.

Listen to some single preset comparisons to a real Jupiter-8:

Real Jupiter-8 clips source: synthmania

OP-X PRO-II Real Jupiter-8 34 MELLOW STRINGS

OP-X PRO-II Real Jupiter-8 38 SYNTH BRASS

OP-X PRO-II Real Jupiter-8 35 LO BRASS

OP-X PRO-II Real Jupiter-8 75 HORN FIFTH

OP-X PRO-II Real Jupiter-8 76 HORN TRITONE

OP-X PRO-II Real Jupiter-8 82 FLUTE

OP-X PRO-II Real Jupiter-8 84 CELLO

OP-X PRO-II Real Jupiter-8 85 VIOLIN

OP-X PRO-II Real Jupiter-8 57 TOMITA CHIME

OP-X PRO-II Real Jupiter-8 21 CLAV

OP-X PRO-II Real Jupiter-8 22 HARPSICHORD

OP-X PRO-II Real Jupiter-8 23 ECHO PIANO

OP-X PRO-II Real Jupiter-8 28 HARP

OP-X PRO-II Real Jupiter-8 33 HI STRINGS

OP-X PRO-II Real Jupiter-8 31 LO STRINGS

OP-X PRO-II Real Jupiter-8 11 NEG SYNC

Real Jupiter-8 clips source: synthmania

A lot of effort and time went into optimizing the factory patches to sound as authentic as possible using the original patch sheets, various youtube videos and the clips on synthmania.

Of course not all presets could be re-programmed featuring the same degree of authenticity, some are pretty close, others not. But also those at least should be similar. Some of the effect sounds couldn't be re-programmed at all since some features were missing. Those were replaced by a similar sounding alternative sound. Read the "readme" info file in the collection package for a detailed report about these changes.

The collection includes the single trial presets that have been posted some weeks ago which in fact triggered the idea to re-program all Jupiter-8 Factory Patches and provide them as a free bank when finished.

During the programming work a lot of variations and new patches have been accumulated as "trash". Some of them turned out be so cool that they found their way into an additional user sounds bank, which in the end turned out to be much more interesting and inspiring all in all than the factory bank which has some great presets but also some really not anymore that hip stuff.

The included banks:

PROII_JUPITER8FACTORIES
PROII_JUPITER8USERSOUNDS
PROII_JUPITER8COMPLETE

The complete bank includes both the Jupiter-8 Factory Patches and the user sounds in one bank for those who prefer this form.

The collection can be downloaded here:
www.sonicprojects.ch/opxpro2/userarea.html#Newest

The banks also can be loaded with the demo version:
www.sonicprojects.ch/opxpro2/freedemo.html

Here a guide how to place the banks if you are not familiar with it. Mac VFX users read page 2 of the installation guide to learn where the library is located.

To finish a little jam using two of the user bank presets, the "Echo Chords" and the "Reverb Flute":

OP-X PRO-II - Echo Flute Impro

Have much fun playing! :-)

---
Last edited by Peter999 on Sun Oct 21, 2012 3:25 pm, edited 9 times in total.

Awesome!!!

Thanks. I was waiting for this since the thread about the Jupiter-8 sound. Will download as soon as I get home.
Fernando (FMR)

Here's still a patch reference video to learn which patches were used where in the medleys:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2MC1dIOBFuc

---

Cool, will check them with the demo version. Maybe this will help me optimizing the presets i currently do with Arturia Jupiter 8V.

Ingo
Ingo Weidner
Win 10 Home 64-bit / mobile i7-7700HQ 2.8 GHz / 16GB RAM //
Live 10 Suite / Cubase Pro 9.5 / Pro Tools Ultimate 2021 // NI Komplete Kontrol S61 Mk1

Ingonator wrote:Cool, will check them with the demo version. Maybe this will help me optimizing the presets i currently do with Arturia Jupiter 8V.

Ingo
Look forward for yours too. I will be busy for the next days (including the weekend) but after that, if you need a hand, I volunteer.
Fernando (FMR)

Awesome!! Thanks so much! The comparison clips are incredible!

The synthmania clips have been a great help and the main real Jupiter-8 audio reference, so it almost was a must to dare some A:B comparisons to those in the end.

This is GREAT news!!!!! Thanks Peter999!!!!!!! I love the sound of the OP-X PRO-II!!!

--Sean
C/R, dongles & other intrusive copy protection equals less-control & more-hassle for consumers. Company gone-can’t authorize. Limit to # of auths. Instability-ie PACE. Forced internet auths. THE HONEST ARE HASSLED, NOT THE PIRATES.

can they be loaded on the cheaper version like op-x or op-x pro or op-x player ?

fmr wrote:Thanks. I was waiting for this since the thread about the Jupiter-8 sound.
What a great work and presenting Peter, Congrat!
The demo coming very handy now! :)

Thank You!

Best wishes,
Joseph

Wow this is great news, can't wait to hear them! :party:

I am at the office so can't crank it up in here, but as soon as I get home I'll try them out.

Thanks so much for all your efforts Peter :)
Last edited by Examigan on Sat Mar 09, 2013 6:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

This is great, thanks!
If you have requests for Korg VST features or changes, they are listening at https://support.korguser.net/hc/en-us/requests/new

I just want to say that this bank, like most of the banks you have included and released, I find musically useful for the most part. That is in stark contrast to most synths I own. Even though there is no fancy browser, the patches are well-names, well organized and well-programmed. Besides the synth itself sounding so nice, it is really wonderful that I have such a huge palette of sounds to choose from.
If you have requests for Korg VST features or changes, they are listening at https://support.korguser.net/hc/en-us/requests/new

Many thanks! :D

Return to “Instruments”