Zebra3 Info

Official support for: u-he.com
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Zebra

RexXx wrote:
Urs wrote:ZebraHZ was a one off. We'll keep it and Zebra2 alive for as long as technically viable ...
Maybe a stupid question:
Will be Zebra3 backward compatible to Zebra2?
i think he talks about that somewhere in the other zebra thread.

http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic ... sc&start=0

but they plan to keep zebra2 working for a long while based on comments in this thread. and zebra2 will be a separate product. zebra3 wil not overwrite it.. so, separate installs and you'll be able to run them side by side if needed.

RexXx wrote:Will be Zebra3 backward compatible to Zebra2?
No, Zebra3 will be a completely new synth. That's why we'll keep supporting Zebra2 for years to come.

O.k., thanks!
It`s not a bug... it`s a feature!

Urs wrote:
RexXx wrote:Will be Zebra3 backward compatible to Zebra2?
No, Zebra3 will be a completely new synth. That's why we'll keep supporting Zebra2 for years to come.
Completely new synth...
Then, Zebra 3 becomes the codename Chameleon for me. :)
It`s not a bug... it`s a feature!

Urs wrote:No, Zebra3 will be a completely new synth. That's why we'll keep supporting Zebra2 for years to come.
Will it come in VST3? :)
/E

VST3 is supported by (KVR sig <= 255 characters): Check my Steinberg sig

Elektrobolt wrote:
Urs wrote:No, Zebra3 will be a completely new synth. That's why we'll keep supporting Zebra2 for years to come.
We've spent a few days eradicating some issues that made VST3 support difficult. I think we're good to say yes.

6 months?
That's still faster than Bitwig then..
My other host is Bruce Forsyth

Urs wrote: [*]Upgrade from Zebra2 + The Dark Zebra: Free[/list]
Gawd bless you sir !

tehlord wrote:
Urs wrote:
tehlord wrote:I may well be willing to pay extra for an 'init' button :hug:
Will try my best - it *is* something I've been thinking about :)

One million sound designers shouted a loud hooray.

In detuned unison.
and were suddenly silenced. I fear something terrible has happened. *obi wan*

Urs wrote:
Elektrobolt wrote:
We've spent a few days eradicating some issues that made VST3 support difficult. I think we're good to say yes.
VST3.5? With note expression support? And voice-per-midi-channel support for those who are still on a VST 2.4 host? If we say "please" very nicely? :oops:
Will bear no enmity that it was not implemented in Diva anymore then, promised! (Ok, if it is anyways just a tweak on your u-he build-a-synth über-framework plus hitting compile one more time - then yes, would still be extremely cool for Diva also 8) )

Greetings,
NothanUmber

I don't own Zebra ZH yet?!!! :-o

I'm tooooo busy with DIVA, and now Zebra 3?
Thank God I still have 6 months to go. I only have 24 hours a day :x

:help:
MuLab of course :D

NothanUmber wrote:VST3.5? With note expression support? And voice-per-midi-channel support for those who are still on a VST 2.4 host? If we say "please" very nicely? :oops:
Yep, we've planned to rewrite voice handling so that mono modes are available per MIDI Channel, while poly modes will have separate MIDI controls for separate channels. This is similar to Note Expressions, but it also works on groups of notes. On VST3 we might implement it as Note Expressions, but we haven't decided yet.

Thus, our current VST3 implementation is still unaware of NE, just like our plugins are still unaware of MIDI channels (apart from MIDI Learn)

We'll see...

Urs wrote:poly modes will have separate MIDI controls for separate channels
This would be extremely 8) :!:
VST 3.5 note expression sounds quite interesting on paper - if more hosts will support it at some point.
The midi-channel variant works with almost any host. With more (- at least four times as many?) voices than with the workaround of hosting several synths (more than four "greatly" accurate Divas and my CPU puts me on top of it's "undesirable operators" list). Synth tweaking for polyphonic presets would also be much more convenient with just one instance - really looking forward to this!

Greetings,
NothanUmber

NothanUmber wrote:VST 3.5 note expression sounds quite interesting on paper
I've used Steinberg HALion 4 since it came out and I have to say that there is little in the musical scene that has made such a profound change as Note Expression, for me (I had better say before someone busts a vein).

Being able to move individual notes around without having to worry about their related CC expressions is fantastic. Saves me so much time and effort.

So I have to disagree with you on the "on paper" part because it also applies in practice, absolutely! :)
/E

VST3 is supported by (KVR sig <= 255 characters): Check my Steinberg sig

+1 for Notes Expression in the next Zebra.
It is awesome in HALion4...

Return to “u-he”