Zebra3 Info

Official support for: u-he.com
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Zebra

look at first post from Urs - zebra2 > zebra3 = $30

aaron aardvark wrote:It will only be free if you bought ZebraHZ, not just Zebra by itself, from what I understand.
Exactly. Zebra2HZ gets you Zebra3.

What I'd like to see is all the Zebra modules ported over to Max4Live devices so I can go completely modular in Ableton Live including the HZ filters...You can skip the FX to make it easier ;)

Something I am curious about that may or may not have been answered already.

Will Z3 be able to soft sync between OSCs? The current solution is functional, but i find that the Tyrell N6 is much better suited for sync sounds.

(suggestion for possible GUI put slave OSC under Master, have 2 knobs: Soft sync and an assignable knob)
Something witty and insightful.

I'm not sure where we'll go with the interaction between oscillators. I'm quite certain there'll be some sort of FM/Crossmod (as opposed to the phase modulation based FM of FMOs), but I have no clue yet as to Sync between an Osc and another modules (Osc or similar).

Stuff from cableguys have some kind of seamless transition between low frequency modulation and audible OSC signal. Worth investigating I guess.
Evovled into noctucat...
http://www.noctucat.com/

Not sure was it mentioned in this tread or not (it's just too big to read thru), but is it possible to have string machine like divide down oscs in z3?
Murderous duck!

Urs wrote: I'm quite certain there'll be some sort of FM/Crossmod
Between usual (wavetable) oscillators? It would be great!

That's one thing I want to look at - we've definitely planned a general paraphonic mode for our voice management.

However, it won't be possible to process filters monophonically while keeping oscillators polyphonic in a modular synthesizer. This would mean that in Zebra for instance the filters in the fx section need to be used to set up a paraphonic string synth.

Urs wrote:That's one thing I want to look at - we've definitely planned a general paraphonic mode for our voice management.

However, it won't be possible to process filters monophonically while keeping oscillators polyphonic in a modular synthesizer. This would mean that in Zebra for instance the filters in the fx section need to be used to set up a paraphonic string synth.
But I don't see it as big problem. Definition of string maching sound are DD oscs, vibrato and chorus. Paraphonic env/amps are less important and according to Howard are available right now.

Btw, is it possible to put Filter in Global fx?
Murderous duck!

david.beholder wrote:
Already there :-)

pdxindy wrote:
david.beholder wrote:
Already there :-)
So If paraphonic envs are there and global filter all we miss are DD oscs, regardless of mode it works?

----
...Image...

Yes

So, what is all this 'zonkey' I keep hearing about?
Meet the 'zonkey': a zebra-donkey hybrid

I guess Zebra 3 is going to have some way of morphing sounds? Can't wait!
What kind of sound engine is Donkey anyway?

Absolutely love the Osc FX in Zebra and hope there in Zebra 3. The Prophet12's character section could only wish to be as great as Zebra's Osc FX.

Return to “u-he”