Zebra3 Info

Official support for: u-he.com
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Zebra

bmrzycki wrote:I'm wondering if Preset management will be changed for Z3. I quite like the ability in Curve to hit a button and be able to upload a preset or download a preset with all included metadata (user votes, patch notes, author). It sure beats unzipping 40-50 archives and manually placing them in a directory. :)
We've been thinking about this stuff, but haven't made up our minds yet...

Something like that can easily take two or three months to implement. Might be too much of a luxury item for now...

Urs wrote:Something like that can easily take two or three months to implement. Might be too much of a luxury item for now...
Fair point, I'm just glad it's being considered. Possibly a point release option like Alchemy did in 1.5...

Er... so I was thinking about buying the Dark Zebra for the presets (now), but it sounded like you said the upgrade to Z3 from Z2 would include those presets or did I miss the point of that opening pitch? Ha! :idea:

not sure if he did say it, but buying Dark Zebra now gives you Z3 upgrade free... so it is a win win. you get the new patches now and get Z3 upgrade free.

rsp
sound sculptist

Well, I get the Z3 upgrade, I get the patches, but it costs me $99. instead of $30. Not that it's not worth it mind you... but it's all about the timing apparently. Ha! I guess I'd have to wait 6 mos. to get those patches... Hmmmm

DHR53 wrote:Well, I get the Z3 upgrade, I get the patches, but it costs me $99. instead of $30. Not that it's not worth it mind you... but it's all about the timing apparently. Ha! I guess I'd have to wait 6 mos. to get those patches... Hmmmm
Zebra 3 does not come with HZ (that is if I remember what was said about it)

It was my understanding Z3 will be free for those that bought the Dark Zebra.
You can hear my original music at this link: https://www.soundclick.com/artist/defau ... dID=224436

aaron aardvark wrote:It was my understanding Z3 will be free for those that bought the Dark Zebra.
That is my understanding too... but that does not mean that when Z3 ships that if someone buys it that they will get Dark Zebra...

pdxindy wrote:
aaron aardvark wrote:It was my understanding Z3 will be free for those that bought the Dark Zebra.
That is my understanding too... but that does not mean that when Z3 ships that if someone buys it that they will get Dark Zebra...
that's in the very first post by Urs. if you buy dark zebra you get the upgrade to zebra 3 for free.. but you also have to have a zebra 2.x license of course. and he says in a later or the same post that you won't get all the same stuff dark zebra has w/the zebra3 update... or that the filters won't be the same.. or something. i forget. Z3 update from zebra 2.x is $30. buying dark zebra now is $99 and will include zebra 3 when it's released.. so, you end up paying $69 for dark zebra (providing that you have a zebra 2.x license already of course)

correct me if i'm wrong here of course.

No, you end up paying $99 for Dark Zebra, and $0 for Zebra 3. :P

Ok... let's see.

Zebra3 is not ZebraHZ and vice versa.

Once Z3 comes out, we will keep The Dark Zebra on sale, because it's a special gem and because there are just too many great preset banks out there to let Zebra2 die for newcomers. It'll be great value for a product that's end of lifed otherwise (apart from maintenance updates). We might even throw a few patch banks in.

There'll be an upgrade path in both ways between Z3 and TDZ.

Nevertheless, if anyone wants both Z3 and TDZ, it'll be cheapest to get Z2 + TDZ now.

Also, Zebra3 might easily be a year away. We won't make it till Musikmesse 2013, but we booked a big booth that needs to be filled with something else (Bazille? Diva 1.x? Fish?)

Urs wrote:Fish?
Fish? By Sasha? :P

trance_lucent wrote:
Urs wrote:Fish?
Fish? By Sasha? :P
Maybe :hihi:

Urs can u tell us the current plugins planned for Fish?

Urs wrote:Ok... let's see.

Zebra3 is not ZebraHZ and vice versa.

Once Z3 comes out, we will keep The Dark Zebra on sale, because it's a special gem and because there are just too many great preset banks out there to let Zebra2 die for newcomers. It'll be great value for a product that's end of lifed otherwise (apart from maintenance updates). We might even throw a few patch banks in.

There'll be an upgrade path in both ways between Z3 and TDZ.

Nevertheless, if anyone wants both Z3 and TDZ, it'll be cheapest to get Z2 + TDZ now.

Also, Zebra3 might easily be a year away. We won't make it till Musikmesse 2013, but we booked a big booth that needs to be filled with something else (Bazille? Diva 1.x? Fish?)
The thought of having an update to DIVA is seriously awesome! New OSC's? Filters? Ahhhhhhhhhh the pain, the horror.. How can something this good become even better! :help:

:wink:
Untold Stories Vol.1 - 64 Arturia MiniFreak presets
Analog History - 84 Behringer DeepMind 6/12/12D presets
Earth & Stars - 139 Free Patches for SuperMassive
Website

Return to “u-he”