Community project download: One Note Zebra music:)

Official support for: u-he.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hey:) We had a small project where we wanted to see what can you make within the Zebra using only a one note on/one note off command, and then the rest happening within the synth.
The original thread: http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic ... 678d17c213

Here is the following result!
I thank all who contributed:)
Its a download and features 6 tunes, hopefully properly named xD title is ONZ(one note zebra)
Enjoy! and another link with the patches will follow:)

Tracks: http://www.filedropper.com/u-hecontestonz
Patches: http://www.filedropper.com/onzcontestpatches

Peace
Last edited by Noctilucent on Sat Nov 24, 2012 2:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Cool, will check it out tomorrow 8)

Thanks!!! dling now...
And where are the patches BTW??

:)

Some lovely music in there! When/where do we get to vote?

Great stuff!
Thanks for sharing :-)
"Out beyond the ideas of wrongdoing and rightdoing, there is a field. I’ll meet you there." - Rumi
ScreenDream Instagram Mastodon

klinik wrote:Thanks!!! dling now...
And where are the patches BTW??

:)
and update now, patches are in the first post:) Btw should we do a vote? Its fine by me but it wont be anonymus:D

Hmmm... OK, let's not vote. They're all impressive in their own way (although I do have a personal favourite).

Beautiful sounds in there. I'll post the patches to the PatchLib soonish. I need to talk to Urs about the mp3s though -- 160MB downloads can really eat up the monthly bandwidth caps...

Amazing soundscapes!

My thanks to the people who supplied patches, though I didn't get any sound on the "behold" patch. I was particularly amazed by the "Alice in Wonderland +" patch!
You can hear my original music at this link: https://www.soundclick.com/artist/defau ... dID=224436

aaron aardvark wrote:My thanks to the people who supplied patches, though I didn't get any sound on the "behold" patch. I was particularly amazed by the "Alice in Wonderland +" patch!
Check the XYs. You might want to turn down your system. Can be a lot of feedback that won't go away until you mute the track or change patches. I almost didn't use them, but discovered something at the last minute...(It may not be clear unless you read the other thread that envelopes on the XYs were permitted.) Thanks Noctilucent, it was an experience...although I think a picture of a black sheep belongs on MY tune. Ha ha. That was awesome Wallybrain. I mean the piece itself. Everybody else too.

Wow - there are some very impressive pieces in here. Thanks for doing the contest, and for the entries. Beautiful sounds.

bmrzycki wrote:Beautiful sounds in there. I'll post the patches to the PatchLib soonish. I need to talk to Urs about the mp3s though -- 160MB downloads can really eat up the monthly bandwidth caps...
haha yeah:D only problem with ambient pads like this, its easy to get long tracks(and big files:P)

Alice in wonderland felt like a whole world within a soundscape, really beautiful and mystical.
The scintillations track was interesting in how it got created, ill quote Reinholt:

"This mix came by way of an accidental experiment. ... even though note input had stopped, one instance(of zebra) kept making sounds. As soon as I chose to change the preset, the sounds stopped, so it was lucky that I chose to record this five minutes or so of sounds."

I love accidents like that:)

This was fun doing, I apologize for lazyness and lateness of posting the sounds from my part(also for not making it streamable:P) its my first time arranging some sort of community project thingy and i am not the best at organizing :D

It was fun to make it.

Am just sorry a bit: many of the guys who was interested to join,
does not appear finally.

I had to record quite a few takes until i get the Alice demo
track. Sometime it was too busy, sometimes too boring because of the random volumes and pitches. (MSEGs speed controlled by random LFOs)

Anyway it's fully controllable with the XY pads:

down, left = no sound
up, right = full power of the 2 sound.
(there is 2 different sound on every XY pad.)

Cheers for all who like it! :)

hollo wrote: Am just sorry a bit: many of the guys who was interested to join,
does not appear finally.
I'm sorry I didn't make it too, :( ...
However, I was really busy this past week, with the holiday coming up and all(Yankee here)
I actually did have a fairly developed patch(which, since I didn't make it in time for this project, blossomed into something completely different), but I just didn't have the energy to clean it up and slap down a track.
Who knows, it maybe did some good for me. You got me rolling on a different tangent and maybe something fun for me will come from it. :)

- Corin

Return to “u-he”