Login / Register  0 items | $0.00 NewWhat is KVR? Submit News Advertise

April Contest: Gossip

D.H. Miltz
D.H. MOD

11052 posts since 20 Jun, 2008

Postby D.H. Miltz; Mon Apr 01, 2013 1:59 am April Contest: Gossip

And we're off.
Last edited by D.H. Miltz on Wed May 01, 2013 1:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
IrionDaRonin
KVRAF

2499 posts since 17 Mar, 2011, from Spain

Postby IrionDaRonin; Mon Apr 01, 2013 5:49 am

This is a theme that i like it so much.

It makes me think... If there was a third world war, then the music won't be electronic, everyone would have to do music with acoustic instruments, even some of them invented.
In another hand, if the future is something more alike to what we watched in Blade Runner, stay for sure that will be robotic, cold, cybertronic and maybe minimalistic.

I can't wait to see what are you going to produce this month.

Have a nice day :)
el-bo (formerly ebow)
KVRAF

8676 posts since 24 May, 2009, from A galaxy, far far away

Postby el-bo (formerly ebow); Mon Apr 01, 2013 6:50 am

ok, here's my entry.........................

that you cannot see it, hear it (nor even likely conceive of it) is because the equipment needed to decode it doesn't yet exist

rest assured once you do get to experience it, it's gonna knock your effin' socks off :o

i'd ask for special consideration to be given to retroactive voting for this composition so that i get the votes i deserve

cheers :hihi:
RuediRena
KVRist

483 posts since 23 Mar, 2011, from Schwerte, Germany

Postby RuediRena; Mon Apr 01, 2013 10:56 am

el-bo (formerly ebow) wrote:i'd ask for special consideration to be given to retroactive voting for this composition so that i get the votes i deserve

Alright, El Big Bo, so please present us a link to the virtual and not yet accessible future/imaginary voting thread and I will do some pre-cog/pre-listening ten point voting for your submission. :wheee: :shock:
robogone
KVRAF

21385 posts since 26 Jul, 2005, from Gone

Postby robogone; Mon Apr 01, 2013 10:58 am

I'd vote for it but I don't have the technology to read the voting thread...
hajdulak
KVRer

8 posts since 17 Mar, 2013

Postby hajdulak; Mon Apr 01, 2013 11:01 am

I'm not sure what's going on here...
el-bo (formerly ebow)
KVRAF

8676 posts since 24 May, 2009, from A galaxy, far far away

Postby el-bo (formerly ebow); Mon Apr 01, 2013 11:04 am

RuediRena wrote:
el-bo (formerly ebow) wrote:i'd ask for special consideration to be given to retroactive voting for this composition so that i get the votes i deserve

Alright, El Big Bo, so please present us a link to the virtual and not yet accessible future/imaginary voting thread and I will do some pre-cog/pre-listening ten point voting for your submission. :wheee: :shock:

you have been assigned a personal cerebral download packet which will be available 50 years from now

if you agree to the terms and conditions of the EULA follow the link and press start

http://www.online-stopwatch.com/timer/50-years/
RuediRena
KVRist

483 posts since 23 Mar, 2011, from Schwerte, Germany

Postby RuediRena; Mon Apr 01, 2013 11:29 am

el-bo (formerly ebow) wrote:you have been assigned a personal cerebral download packet which will be available 50 years from now

if you agree to the terms and conditions of the EULA follow the link and press start

http://www.online-stopwatch.com/timer/50-years/

I will having had been counter-checked the EULA since then the timer would running was have being closer then soon to none (no easy task for us early adopters, but manageable somehow through grammar-cerebralitible mind-warp :D )
sovarozum
KVRist

32 posts since 16 Aug, 2012

Postby sovarozum; Mon Apr 01, 2013 12:35 pm

IrionDaRonin wrote:This is a theme that i like it so much.

It makes me think... If there was a third world war, then the music won't be electronic, everyone would have to do music with acoustic instruments, even some of them invented.
In another hand, if the future is something more alike to what we watched in Blade Runner, stay for sure that will be robotic, cold, cybertronic and maybe minimalistic.

I can't wait to see what are you going to produce this month.

Have a nice day :)

I was thinking the same kind of idea here. Some sort of Vangelis/Bladerunner vibe.so excited to hear entries for this month!
robogone
KVRAF

21385 posts since 26 Jul, 2005, from Gone

Postby robogone; Mon Apr 01, 2013 12:39 pm

el-bo (formerly ebow) wrote:you have been assigned a personal cerebral download packet which will be available 50 years from now

I used my time machine to head to the future and my download didn't come with a serial. How long does it take to get in contact with tech support for these guys? I'm going to start a thread about it! :x
VicDiesel
KVRAF

2808 posts since 2 Mar, 2003, from The only civilized county in Texas

Postby VicDiesel; Mon Apr 01, 2013 7:29 pm

IrionDaRonin wrote: If there was a third world war, then the music won't be electronic, everyone would have to do music with acoustic instruments,

Much as I would like to think that we keep making technological progress, and make music with 31 notes per octave

I really think our society is heading for a crash. Statistically speaking I don't even have 50 years, but I expect to see the oceans depleted of fish, some island nations completely wiped out, some coastal city in the US wiped out likewise, and in general an infrastructure that can not keep up with increased and continuous levels of forest fires, tornados, downpours, and all the goodies that climate change will bring.

(I think I've had too much to drink tonight).

Victor.
JJBiener
KVRian

1021 posts since 26 Nov, 2005

Postby JJBiener; Mon Apr 01, 2013 8:12 pm

VicDiesel wrote:I really think our society is heading for a crash. Statistically speaking I don't even have 50 years, but I expect to see the oceans depleted of fish, some island nations completely wiped out, some coastal city in the US wiped out likewise, and in general an infrastructure that can not keep up with increased and continuous levels of forest fires, tornados, downpours, and all the goodies that climate change will bring.

(I think I've had too much to drink tonight).

Victor.

I would agree you've had too much to drink....too much kool-aid.
This space has been unintentionally left blank.
VicDiesel
KVRAF

2808 posts since 2 Mar, 2003, from The only civilized county in Texas

Postby VicDiesel; Mon Apr 01, 2013 8:26 pm

JJBiener wrote:
VicDiesel wrote:I really think our society is heading for a crash.

I would agree you've had too much to drink....too much kool-aid.

Really? Take that "superstorm" of last year. Now imagine that we have one every year. Katrina almost wiped out New Orleans; with another 10 storms I'm sure we can totally lose another coastal city. Remember those pictures of the flooded New York subways? Unless Sandy is the worst we're ever going to see, NY is heading for some interesting times. As are Miami, Charleston, you name it.

Forest fires in AZ and around LA are almost yearly occurrences. You really have to believe it's never going to get any worse that what we've seen so far to think we can dodge every bullet and never be hit fatally.

No, there's no kool-aid involved here. A modest understanding of science is enough.

Victor.
JJBiener
KVRian

Postby JJBiener; Mon Apr 01, 2013 8:55 pm

VicDiesel wrote:Really? Take that "superstorm" of last year. Now imagine that we have one every year. Katrina almost wiped out New Orleans; with another 10 storms I'm sure we can totally lose another coastal city. Remember those pictures of the flooded New York subways? Unless Sandy is the worst we're ever going to see, NY is heading for some interesting times. As are Miami, Charleston, you name it.

Forest fires in AZ and around LA are almost yearly occurrences. You really have to believe it's never going to get any worse that what we've seen so far to think we can dodge every bullet and never be hit fatally.

No, there's no kool-aid involved here. A modest understanding of science is enough.

Victor.

I have heard that the world was coming to an end for as long as I can remember, and I am over 50. Despite all the predictions, life goes on pretty much the way it always has. Perhaps you are too young to remember but predictions of an apocalypse are nothing new.

Do you remember the First Gulf War when Saddam was kicked out of Kuwait? The prediction from the so-call environmental experts was that if Saddam lit the Kuwaiti oil fields on fire, it would result in the equivalent of nuclear winter. He lit the fires, but no nuclear winter.

Do you remember Mt Pinatubo? It was a volcano that erupted in 1991. It pumped 17 million tons of SO2 in the air. Did the world end? No the Earth survived just fine.

There will always be purveyors of doom. And there will always people like you who wring their hands in earnest sincerity and fret about what will happen. In the mean time, the rest of us will go ahead and enjoy life without worrying about whether the sky is falling.

I am sure that in 50 years time, there will still be people like you who will be convinced that the end of the world is imminent.
JJBiener
KVRian

Postby JJBiener; Mon Apr 01, 2013 8:58 pm

DH Miltz, I apologize for my OT posts. I will stay on topic from here on.
Next

Moderators: DrApostropheX, Scoops, Moderators (Main)

Return to Music Cafe