Shreddage 2 v2e Update - Now available!

Official support for: impactsoundworks.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

If you only have the K5 Player (like me) don't overwrite them because the new patches only load in demo mode.

Er really? That shouldn't be the case... will have to look into that one.
Shreddage 3 Stratus: Next generation Kontakt Player guitar, now available!

Impact Soundworks - Cinematic sounds, world instruments, electric guitars, synths, percussion, plugins + more!

Also oops, I had uploaded v6 which was not QUITE the latest version. Links have been changed to reflect v7, which is the latest (removes the extraneous Debug menu etc.)

Impact Soundworks - Cinematic sounds, world instruments, electric guitars, synths, percussion, plugins + more!

After doing some experimenting with the new patches, it seems like a few bugs are still there from before.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V5IjK6C_Vi0

1. The v7 patch, like the v6 patch, only comes up in Demo mode in K5 Player.

2. Even after extending the velocity range of the Sustain articulation to include 127, notes at velocity 127 play full chokes instead of sustains.

3. The String Realism toggle doesn't seem to have an effect and multiple notes will play on a single string regardless of if it's turned on or off. Tapping mode has the same issue. String Realism can be remedied by enabling hammer-on/pull-offs and increasing the fret range to the desired amount, but if you want multiple picked notes on the same string you have to make sure they don't overlap. I show this with Split MIDI activated, but it happens with that deactivated and using keyswitches to force the string as well.

(apologies for the video quality, I reformatted my PC recently and couldn't find the installer for the capture software I had before)

J-Rokujuushi wrote:If you only have the K5 Player (like me) don't overwrite them because the new patches only load in demo mode.
thanks Rokujuushi,I've Kontakt 5 but i have problems.I copied 2.1 patch\2.1 fx patch in the instrument folder but when i load the multis (Shreddage II Doubletrack 2out.nkm) i still have the old interface. :?

The multis are self-contained and haven't been updated yet. You can make your own by loading two instances of the new patch, setting one's output to St. 1 and the other's to St. 2, then select Save Multi As from the File menu.

Speaking of the new patch, the Smooth vibrato type sounds great without the phasing issues caused by crossfading. My only issue is that the default value is a bit too fast. With the current patch, I'm able to go into the backend and adjust the LFO frequency, but after it's been updated to be Player compatible that will no longer be an option. Would it be possible to add a speed control option for the Smooth vibrato to the UI?

OK, uploaded v10:

1. Should load properly in K5 Player

2. Fixed

3. Not sure if I understand this one exactly. The way S2 works, if there is a string preference active - this could be using a keyswitch or split MIDI channels - then it will ALWAYS play on a given string under all circumstances, unless it is literally not possible (i.e. too high or too low for that string). That's because my assumption was that IF you are using string preferences, you are a more advanced user and you are making sure to sequence your notes in a realistic way.

The question is, how do you want it to behave? How should the note sequence you showed me actually sound? For example would you want it to play monophonically on that string if string realism is ON?

4. Fixed a bug with the Smooth vibrato type that was affecting lots of stuff

Regarding 3, yeah, i was expecting it to play monophonically. The description says that when it's disabled it allows multiple notes to play simultaneously on any given string. I would assume that means enabling it would only allow one note per string. The way you describe it makes it sounds like the setting is completely ignored if any form of string preference is used, whether it be keyswitch or MIDI channel. Is that correct?

That's correct. But I understand what you're saying about how monophonic playing would make more sense as long as String Realism is enabled, even if you have a string preference on. The latest patch should have that functionality... check it out and let me know what you think.

Shreddage 2.1 Patch v11 (June 27th)

Using the latest patch, trying to play chords while using the quad track feature turns out like this:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/bkalsetdxaq17 ... ck%202.mp3

It's a bit hard to tell from the MP3... what's the issue? i.e. what is it supposed to sound like?

It's supposed to be power chords. I'll try it again, as they play fine using my MIDI controller. But as soon as they're played back, they sound like that.

Edit: I just figured it out. I realized I had string realism enabled. Disabled it and now all is right with the world. :)

Glad you got it sorted out; can you send me that MIDI sequence nonetheless?

Edit: Nevermind, I believe I've been able to solve this - check the patch links for v12.

http://impactsoundworks.com/Updates/Bet ... %20v12.nki

Anyone else encountering bugs or other issues? If a few days go by with no reports, I'm gonna call this one a winner and we'll officially release!

Found a bug, in the v12 beta that's been there at least since v7, if you select either DT Guitar 2 or 4 and then select DT Guitar 3, the previous selected DT Guitar (2 or 4) stays selected.

bigjerome wrote:Found a bug, in the v12 beta that's been there at least since v7, if you select either DT Guitar 2 or 4 and then select DT Guitar 3, the previous selected DT Guitar (2 or 4) stays selected.
I meant to post this earlier, I can confirm it here too.

Return to “Impact Soundworks”