1.0.2 broke something in arp timing

Official support for: kirnuarp.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hello,

after updating from 1.0 to 1.0.2, there's now something wrong.

Here is a REAPER test project using Cream and Synth1.

https://www.box.com/s/bwhwb0tjoho13yqx99qz

The project has an item looped two times. The second loop plays differently than the first one (listen carefully to the notes not falling on quarter boundaries).

This was ok in Cream 1.0.

Please check and fix as soon as possible, my song is waiting for this :)

Thanks,
Mario

I tried the project - no problem :shrug:

n0rd wrote:I tried the project - no problem :shrug:
Really?

The note played at 6.4.50 should cause a chord change, but the chord change happens at start of measure 7 here...

EDIT: same for note at 7.4.50, which is played at start of measure 8, wrongly.

Notes played at 2.4.50 and 3.4.50 trigger an immediate chord change, as intended instead...

- Mario

Yep, this is definitely bad behavior from Cream. It's waiting an extra step to change the mid note in the chord the second time around. I tried gluing the sequence, quantizing, etc, nothing seemed to make it consistent. This is the kind of thing that really need to be addressed to continue polishing Cream into the brilliant arpeggiator plugin that it can be.

Observation (see image): I tried to workaround the problem by moving the chord/note change to overlap a bit. This solved the problem, but caused a new problem and unexpected behavior in the process: The lower of the two circled notes sustained for another step even though I did not change that note length whatsoever.

Workaround (see image): Split the notes where you need the chord change, so each note restarts instead of just the one note.

Yup,

thank you Architeuthis, the "split all notes on each chord change" workaround does the trick.

I am pretty sure though that I didn't need it in Cream 1.0 because the part sounded right on it.

Thanks again for checking,
Mario

Tried it again and I do get one glitch when first played. Note D4 at 3.4.50 doesn't play until 4.0.0 but after that all notes play fine no matter how many times it loops. I'm sure this didn't happen the first time I tried it... :s

I was going to get a screen shot of where the glitch occurs but if I use "Apply track FX to items as new take (MIDI Output)" the result is fine. So I don't know what's going on.

Steve

Investigating...

-Arto

Will be fixed in next release 1.0.3

-Arto

Thank you!

- Mario

Return to “Kirnu”