interactive chick fight - cosmic disco and mellow garage

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic

So, who scores?

Little Dragon
40%
Scary Mary
40%
fish
20%
it's a draw
No votes

Total votes: 5

RELATED
PRODUCTS

Little Dragon
file | word | cloud

vs

Scary Mary
file | word | cloud

the one thing which makes them a bit difficult to compare directly, is the prominent guitar in 'mary', versus the more 'techno' sound of 'dragon'.

not having perfect pitch (so no idea about keys), they both sound to be going C/a or G/e, or whatnot... 'III/i'.

be that as it may; in the '80s, these kinds of songs could have been on mtv. at a 'minimum', they're both ready for college radio.

bravo!

Thanks Mr Blitz, you were very right about the snare, I changed it to something more 'mellow' and it sounds way better once I got myself used to it.

I've only listened to Little Dragon so far, so I'm not going to vote yet. I enjoyed it. I liked the Blondie/New Order bassline and the vocals. I thought the mix was good too.

Good work :)

I just listened to Scary Mary. I though it sounded a little like The Cure, but maybe with a more upbeat/cheerful vibe. It's got quite a "singalong" style. I think this was my favourite of the two tracks, but it was close.

Good work :)

Zombie Queen wrote:Little Dragon
file | word | cloud

vs

Scary Mary
file | word | cloud
While I liked both songs I had to go with Little Dragon. Maybe it was the mix but it just sounded better to me. I liked the beat of it (reminded me a bit of an 80's group and damned if I can think of their name now! :help: )

Any way, thanks for sharing and keep makin the music! 8)

Happy musiking!
dsan

you go on with the somewhat somehow subversive pop stuff and it gets a more and more professional clear, transparent and shiny sound. the songs are well arranged, catchy, but not (yet?) completely predictable; they stand out especially because of the excellent lyrics. anyway there is some kind of perfection in them, some Lou Reed like laziness, that makes me feel saturated before the end of the track, especially in 'Little Dragon'. tbh, i'm missing the salt, the quirk, the outbreak, the dirty nails. am i conservative?

apart from this tiny mello bore: you're damned skilled, mate! :party:
"It dreamed itself along"

Thank you all for input, I appreciate it.

A band from 80's with forgotten name? It's a scary game to guess it...

Little Dragon feels saturating because it's too long, I should cut it down to 3 minutes, at least as an alternative...

Missing salt and pepper? I was thinking of finalizing a set and I've got some quirky stuff already, so I was looking to get more laid back for balance.

well, what a wonderful pair of oddities. i think Little Dragon takes it just by a hair for me, although i think they're both great :)

neil.

Return to “Music Cafe”