Synths (Granular) that import user samples?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

This seems to be my biggest requirement in considering softsynths.
They absolutely must import samples! But be more than just a SFZ player.

*Alchemy *Ambitron *Absynth *Atlantis *Circle *Corona *Crystal *Cube
*Dimension Pro *Discovery Pro *Diversion *ElectraX *Harmless *Harmor *Helix *HGF STS *KarmaFX *Linplug CRX4 *Kinisis *Mach5 *Morphine *MUX *Nitroflex *Toxic Biohazard *Octopus *Padshop Pro *Poseidon *PPG Wave V3 *PsyBox *PsyGen *Rapture *Rayblaster *Reaktor/SkannerXT *Rhino
*Sonic Assault Wave *Sonigen Modular *SonikSynth2 *Straightliner *Surge *Symptohm *SynthMaster *Sytrus *Vaz Modular *Vertigo *WNAdditive *Wusik *Z3ta+2 *Zebra 2/HZ

(A plus to the ones with granular, those that have additional forms of synthesis and two oscillators or more.)

So what are others with this criteria I might consider?

(Caveat: if you say Omnisphere, you're only telling everyone you have a reading disability).
Last edited by BBFG# on Mon Sep 23, 2013 5:15 pm, edited 10 times in total.

Padshop Pro
Discovery Pro
Whoever wants music instead of noise, joy instead of pleasure, soul instead of gold, creative work instead of business, passion instead of foolery, finds no home in this trivial world of ours.

murnau wrote:Padshop Pro
Discovery Pro
Added. And I will keep adding to the list as informed.

I know that many of the HG Fortune Synths allow .wav and SF2 import.
STS-21 & STS-26 off the top of my head.

disco DSP Corona.

I think you must include MachFive here. Although it's billed as a sampler, with its synth engine at 12 oscillators, it is equally a synth that loads samples.

Rayblaster and ... can import them up to a certain amount of cycles

ElectraX
PPG Wave V3

You wrote "samples" in the title and then "more than SFZ"...

What do you mean exactly? WAV import, SF2 import or SFZ import?

For example, most of the HGFortune's synths have SF2 (Soundfont) import (which is great because here you can still use your old soundfonts to create new sounds!)

- some of them even import WAV, but none of them supports SFZ, as far as I know...

Tricky-Loops wrote:You wrote "samples" in the title and then "more than SFZ"...

What do you mean exactly? WAV import, SF2 import or SFZ import?

For example, most of the HGFortune's synths have SF2 (Soundfont) import (which is great because here you can still use your old soundfonts to create new sounds!)

- some of them even import WAV, but none of them supports SFZ, as far as I know...
Samples, wavetables as oscilator sources for synthesis. Just not straight sample players that load any format with minor control. Kontakt; SampleTank are more of players along those lines or Rolands SFZ player for example. No real hard and fast rule here. But by the list, you can get the general idea.

Okay, then let's mention Rhino by Big Tick Audio, too, a nearly forgotten great synth which can import WAV as oscillator...

(But all I read at KVR is Zebra, Zebra, Zebra... :x)

EDIT: I've read Rhino can import SFZ?? I've never imported SFZ into Rhino, is it really possible? :o
Last edited by Tricky-Loops on Sun Sep 22, 2013 12:19 am, edited 1 time in total.

Toxic Biohazard
Harmor
Play it by ear

Rhino can use SFZ files now...

dnekm wrote:Rhino can use SFZ files now...
Since when, did I miss something? :o

Return to “Instruments”