What is capoman about?

Official support for: amplesound.net
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi
I have an AGL guitar.
I think I got the idea with strman : it helps you to use the string you want for producing a single note, right? Like G on A string #5 fret instead of G on G string open.

But I would like a bit more explanation on capoman. First the picture of the tutorial for acoustic 2.1 Overview of Guitar Panel doesn't make sense by respect to using point 4 of the illustration. Still it says "It can change capo position if you press Strman notes with hi-velocity, but doesn't change capo position with lo-velocity."
So an explanation for a 3 years old baby with a thick mind is what I need.

Thanks

well with a velocity of say 127 using the 'strman' thing it can/will change the position of the virtual capo when using the 'capoman' thing.

So you go from say an open E maj chord to the capo over the third fret when you use force

I don't know what AGL Guitar is but just guessing that is what it means/will happen. If it doesn't then someone whom knows/uses AGL Guitar will surely help you out

Dean Aka Nekro wrote:well with a velocity of say 127 using the 'strman' thing it can/will change the position of the virtual capo when using the 'capoman' thing.

So you go from say an open E maj chord to the capo over the third fret when you use force

I don't know what AGL Guitar is but just guessing that is what it means/will happen. If it doesn't then someone whom knows/uses AGL Guitar will surely help you out
Well, thanks, I 've tried.

Basically what I get is a bass correspond to the capoman note involved (e.g. A1 or whatever).
Ok,what I did
I am in Finger mode/( and select chord, a detail for the sake of it)
I open midi editor
I enter let'say A1 (vel. 127) and above this I enter one by one the notes of my chord, and I get.. my three notes chord with a A1 bass?
Sorry; I don't see the point.

UncleEti wrote:
Dean Aka Nekro wrote:well with a velocity of say 127 using the 'strman' thing it can/will change the position of the virtual capo when using the 'capoman' thing.

Well, thanks, I 've tried.

Basically what I get is a bass correspond to the capoman note involved (e.g. A1 or whatever).
Ok,what I did
I am in Finger mode/( and select chord, a detail for the sake of it)
I open midi editor
I enter let'say A1 (vel. 127) and above this I enter one by one the notes of my chord, and I get.. my three notes chord with a A1 bass?
Sorry; I don't see the point.
Hi, the strman is independent of capoman.
"It can change capo position if you press Strman notes with hi-velocity, but doesn't change capo position with lo-velocity."

Let me make an example to explain it. Suppose you want to play an A on the 5th fret of 6th string and currently the position is 0. If you press strman with a velocity higher than 63, then when you play A, the position will change to 1. But when the velocity is below 63, the position will remain 0.

The capoman is to set position without playing a note. Usually it is used before a solo starts to assign a suitable position for the solo.

Thank you, I can manage something. It's king of a bit rigid because you have a note which is both a keyswitch and a note in the same time. But it's ok, doesn't hurt trying to be smart. Thank you.

Return to “Ample Sound”