AAS Ultra Analog VA-2

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Ultra Analog VA-2

Ummmmm Aftertouch ? Am I missing something ? :?
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

ftech wrote:This is great news as the Chem Set is one of my favorite 3rd party banks for UA. :D
(I had your skin as default as well!)
Thanks Mate!

There are more skins and sounds for Ultra Analog on the way very soon! Here is some information: :)

This is a specialized formant vocal themed bank consisting of 64 sounds and offers 2 new GUI skins for VA-1. The soundbank is currently in finalizing optimization stage and will be available by the end of the week or next with an introductory sales price. :D

SYNPHONETIC CIRCUITS

Synthetic Vocal and Vox Themed Collection

Sound Bank for AAS Ultra Analog VA-1 and VA-2

============================

* 64 new Presets in .axf and .VA-2Bank file formats
* 7 VA-1 General purpose MIDI Links controller maps (and an additional unassigned MIDI Link)
* Documentation including Manual, Preset List and License Agreement

* Future and Past Theme GUI Skin Set for Ultra Analog VA-1

============================

The Synphonetic Circuits sound collection contains new Presets further expanding Ultra Analog's sound pallet by offering a wide variety of new evocative theme-based formant vocal and vox synth sounds. There are also a variety of string and bell based presests included to round out the Synphonetic Circuits collection.

Here are screenshots of the new GUIs:

Cheers!
Last edited by RandomWave on Mon Oct 28, 2013 4:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

windsongstudio wrote:I worked with UA VA-2 last night for about 4 hours. I had to turn on Mac Accessibility and use the "Zoom gesture" on my mouse to work with the instrument. It gets tiring zooming in to program VA-2 and then back out to work with my DAW (and every other virtual instrument GUI).

The sounds are wonderful... and I am willing to squint during short intervals of music making... but it is a GUI that is very difficult for me to use productively.

If you are interested, here is yesterday's track: "Lovell" which showcases several VA-2 sounds: https://soundcloud.com/theredhawkprojec ... -29-lovell
Great little track, made with a good taste. H.

Couldn't resist for 29 Bucks, and I feel theres many tasty presets in there for that money and therefore a bargain. I've paid more than that plenty of times just for preset banks :wink:

Nice little synth.

Yea that's pretty much how it went for me as well. At $29 I couldn't resist. However it doesn't take me long to get bored with a synth these days since I own so many powerhouse synths like Alchemy, Zebra 2, Dune, luSH101 etc etc.

If anyone has tried the version 2 demo and really loves it but don't already own version 1 and just can't justify the full price of $199 contact me by PM and we'll see if I can make you a deal you can't resist.... :hihi:

I'm supposed to be saving for DIVA and Diversion..... :oops:

So anyway........no Aftertouch support or am I missing something.......doesn't respond to Midi Learn..... :(
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

After working 12h+ on Ultra Analog VA2 these past two weeks (I'm working on a soundset for it) I have to agree that the GUI is too small.
It's the first synth that forces me to be really close the screen to program it.

It's not the text that bothers me so much because now, I barely look at it as I know where things are. IMO the worst part is the small knobs as it is very difficult to see how they are set.

I don't mind the tabbed interface as it's easy to get used to it but I still find quite stange that some controls are in 2 places at the same time. Take the cutoff knobs for example. They are both in the big general filters sections and in the filter tabs. Same goes for resonance, envelopes and more.

Finally, what also bothers me is the lack of modulation possibities. The LFOs can change very few parameters, there is no modulation envolope and there is no way to scale the MIDI links. It's all or nothing.
Still, it sounds very good and I really like what I get out of it.
And for $29, it was too good to resist.
Free banks for soft synths | ghostwave.fr | soundcloud.com/ghostwaveaudio

Seeing this 10 out of 10 review posted now:
Ultra Analog VA-2 is my best soft synth. First of all I think that the interface is very enjoyable to use and easy to understand for an amateur producer like me. The sound is amazing, sounds very analog'ish and I find the integrated fx very cool. It has many nice presets too. UA V2 is very Recommended.
Is this the kind of thing that earns the "reviewer" a NFR copy of the plug?

Ultra Analog VA-2 sounds very analog'ish
Analog'ish? :hihi:

Teksonik wrote:Yea that's pretty much how it went for me as well. At $29 I couldn't resist. However it doesn't take me long to get bored with a synth these days since I own so many powerhouse synths like Alchemy, Zebra 2, Dune, luSH101 etc etc.

If anyone has tried the version 2 demo and really loves it but don't already own version 1 and just can't justify the full price of $199 contact me by PM and we'll see if I can make you a deal you can't resist.... :hihi:

I'm supposed to be saving for DIVA and Diversion..... :oops:

So anyway........no Aftertouch support or am I missing something.......doesn't respond to Midi Learn..... :(
Yeah, it will respond to Aftertouch, but not from MIDI learn :roll: It's also global so once you set it up so that it effects something like filter cut off frequency, it'll do the same thing in every patch. If they had fixed that one stupid design flaw (like they told me they would) I would have bought this update in a heartbeat, but that's far too stupid to even waste the time it takes to log into Paypal. :x
Zerocrossing Media

4th Law of Robotics: When turning evil, display a red indicator light. ~[ ●_● ]~

thecontrolcentre wrote:
The apostrophe represents the missing "ue" :hihi:
http://sendy.bandcamp.com/releases < My new album at Bandcamp! Now pay what you like!

Sendy wrote:
thecontrolcentre wrote:
The apostrophe represents the missing "ue" :hihi:
Yes, but is it: "Analogue-ish", or "Analogue-esque"?

:?
I'm not a musician, but I've designed sounds that others use to make music. http://soundcloud.com/obsidiananvil

zerocrossing wrote: Yeah, it will respond to Aftertouch, but not from MIDI learn. It's also global so once you set it up......
How ? :shrug:

The new SYNPHONETIC CIRCUITS Soundbanks for Ultra Analog VA-1 and VA-2 is now available for those who wish to add this to their collection. :)

I will be putting together audio demos over the weekend and following week.

Introductory Sale - $8.50 USD!!

Cheers!

SYNPHONETIC CIRCUITS
Soundbank for AAS Ultra Analog VA-1 and VA-2

Synthetic Vocal and Vox Themed Collection

More information:

http://www.rwm-synth-soundbanks.com/Syn ... s-RWM.html
Last edited by RandomWave on Fri Nov 08, 2013 7:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

RandomWave wrote:The new SYNPHONETIC CIRCUITS Soundbanks for Ultra Analog VA-1 and VA-1 is now available for those who wish to add this to their collection. :)
VA-1 plus VA-1 = VA-2?
Anyone who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

I guess that is another way of looking at it. :)

Return to “Instruments”