Ipad mini sufficient for Lemur?

For iOS (iPhone, iPad & iPod), Android, Windows Phone, etc. App and Hardware talk
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Has anyone tried running lemur on the ipad mini? I don't have lemur as I was going to wait until I have an ipad. The iphone is just too damn small. :) is the ipad air always better for using as a control surface? Just trying to make up my mind by Black Friday as target is giving away gift cards with iPads. Thanks.

-Sam[/code]

I'd say, it depends on whether you are going to make projects or just use existing ones. There are projects for the ipod/iphone that work ok for its size.

I have an iPad mini and while it is usable, it feels cramped unless you make your own projects. There are basically 2 template sizes when you start a project... iphone and ipad. You can scale each item in your project to whatever size you like making it comfortable for the space given. But a project designed specifically for an Ipad will have all the same components but scaled down for the minis screen. On some projects this may not be bad but some people cram a lot of stuff into a project and I imagine it would feel cramped even on a full size ipad.

I hope this helps a little.

BTW, my main Lemur device is the ipad mini but I have used it on my ipod touch and intend to get an ipad air to run it. I will be using all 3.

GruvSyco wrote:I'd say, it depends on whether you are going to make projects or just use existing ones. There are projects for the ipod/iphone that work ok for its size.

I have an iPad mini and while it is usable, it feels cramped unless you make your own projects. There are basically 2 template sizes when you start a project... iphone and ipad. You can scale each item in your project to whatever size you like making it comfortable for the space given. But a project designed specifically for an Ipad will have all the same components but scaled down for the minis screen. On some projects this may not be bad but some people cram a lot of stuff into a project and I imagine it would feel cramped even on a full size ipad.

I hope this helps a little.

BTW, my main Lemur device is the ipad mini but I have used it on my ipod touch and intend to get an ipad air to run it. I will be using all 3.
Thanks for the info. How is the midi latency with Lemur when using WiFi? I've been using TouchOsc and Midi designer with my iPhone and it seems to drag like a bastard sometimes. Have you tried using any of the Mackie Control emulations for the iPad? I'm curious about that too. :)

-Sam

Lately, I've been using bluetooth for connecting, since my mac is like 3 feet away but my wifi router is in another section of the house. I have had no real latency issues with it at all/ Performance seems better than when I used WIFI over our WAN or had an ADHOC connection set up.

Have not tried the Mackie stuff. Just picked up Touchable2 which I'm hoping to fdive a little further in to over the holidays.

Again, thanks. I'll probably just suck it up and get the iPad Air. It'll probably bode better for my sausage fingers, anyway. I'm sure the extra screen size will come in handy in other ways eventually.

-Sam

Return to “Mobile Apps and Hardware”