Any word on Revalver 4 release?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
HeadRush ReValver LFOTool

I have not seen it documented yet but I found that I am able to simply control drag a preset into another preset bank. :D
D Scarlatti, Dell XPS8700 i7/8gb mem/1tb hd/Steiny UR22/Presonus ER5s/Nektar LX61 kbd ctrlr/Win 10 Pro/S1 4.6/ my music here: https://www.magix.info/us/profile/my-profile/media/

Integratron wrote:I have not seen it documented yet but I found that I am able to simply control drag a preset into another preset bank. :D

+ CTRL and you will be copy preset! :tu:

And spin the mouse wheel while hovering over the all GUI knobs and you will change the value of :tu:

It just seems to me that everything I try on R4 sounds really nice!
D Scarlatti, Dell XPS8700 i7/8gb mem/1tb hd/Steiny UR22/Presonus ER5s/Nektar LX61 kbd ctrlr/Win 10 Pro/S1 4.6/ my music here: https://www.magix.info/us/profile/my-profile/media/

napishu wrote:
Integratron wrote:I have not seen it documented yet but I found that I am able to simply control drag a preset into another preset bank. :D

+ CTRL and you will be copy preset! :tu:

And spin the mouse wheel while hovering over the all GUI knobs and you will change the value of :tu:
Or right click and enter in the exact value... very flexable.

Right - very cool! Double click the control to set its' default value... usually 12 o'clock.

Have you noticed that the tremolo is useless on high gain presets?

The Peavey propeller heads were really on the ball when they redesigned the RIR2 UI. Have you noticed that you can change all the other controls... filters, ambiance, mic placement, distance, axis, etc and the focus remain with the cabs or mics... really nice!

Anyone figure out how to resave a preset? If you make a change, an asterisk is placed next to the name. Fairly standard practice. When I hit ctrl-s the asterisk dissappears as if it was saved, but reloading the preset does not reflect the "saved" changes. Perhaps this is a bug.

A couple other suggestions...

Replace the "Done" close button at the bottom of panels with your standard "X" close button in the top right. You get used to it after a while, but it is a silly bump in the muscle memory learning curve that serves no advantage.

Make unpurchased items gray text rather than yellow.

The "Amp Store" button is mislabeled. It doesn't open the store. The store is on the Peavey website (in contrast to AmpliTube which opens a store app). I found this fairly confusing at first. All this button does is updates and license management. No browsing of products or purchases are made here.

I like that you can increase the size of the UI, though items like knobs, text, and logos should have been made vectors so that there was not quality degradation when scaling. As it is, everything (except some dropdown text) gets blurry at larger sizes. Ultimately the whole UI could be vector, but there are far fewer designers that can do photoreal textures (leather, grilles) in vector (Illustrator) than in bitmap (Photoshop).

When hitting ctrl-dbl left click to reset a knob there is a strange delay before it actually happens so that I found myself dbl-clicking twice.

Feature Request:

De-esser/acceleration limiter. I think it would be nice if all the major amp sims had one of these built-in for easy taming of high frequencies without outright removing them. In the mean time, Sknote Cuttertone is one tool folks can use for this. For more flexibility I like the FabFilter Pro-DS.

A start setting for Pro-DS:

Range: 8dB
Highpass: 5k
Lowpass: 16k
Mode: Allround
Processing: Split Band
Stereo Link: 90%
Lookahead (when tracking): Off
Lookahead (when mixing): 15ms

Adjust threshold by ear.

Would like some World Wide Verb presets. I imagine that can do some pretty interesting stuff. Would love some presets to get a sense of what it's capable of.

The signal chain is not very flexible in comparison to Guitar Rig or TH2 though slightly better than the very poorly thought out signal chain in AmpliTube. For instance, something fairly simple, you cannot have a stomp + combo + eq, stomp + combo + eq, clean signal, and then combine them all and add compression and verb.

[edit: since it appears the process as stereo feature on effects doesn't work by design (very confusing), the signal chain is even less flexible than AmpliTube.]

I have a folder with all my reverb IRs in it and am able to add this folder to the folders scanned in Reflektor in Guitar Rig. I would like to be able to add folders to be scanned in C-Verb as well. It would be silly if I had to make a separate copy of all my IRs for every convolution plugin I used.

Bug: In the Output Mixer, the scrollwheel doesn't work on the chain mix fader/slider.

Bug: "Run in Stereo" is not working with RIR2.

1. Add empty Revalver 4 to stereo signal.
2. Turn off Mono in Input Mixer --> VU Meters. Signal is stereo at this point.
3. Add a RIR2 cab. Signal is mono.
4. Right-click, selet "Run in Stereo". Signal is still mono.

Expected Behavior: Stereo signal preserved like in Guitar Rig.

Bug: Store cart wasn't emptied after purchase. Items I purchased yesterday are still in my cart today.
Last edited by Greg Houston on Mon Aug 25, 2014 8:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Revalver 4 doesn't process stereo signals in it's stomps and amps. I asked about it. Are you doing double tracking or something? You have to run an instance on each guitar track. This was a major step backwards from Revalver III.V.

xphen0m wrote:
Revalver 4 doesn't process stereo signals in it's stomps and amps. I asked about it. Are you doing double tracking or something? You have to run an instance on each guitar track. This was a major step backwards from Revalver III.V.
Yup, double tracking. This is one of the things that drives me nuts about AmpliTube is that you have to duplicate your entire effects signal path for the left and right signal. One of the few reasons why I will occasionally use Guitar Rig instead. I don't own TH2, but while demoing it a few months back one of the first things I noticed is that it can properly preserve a stereo input as well.

Greg Houston wrote:Anyone figure out how to resave a preset? If you make a change, an asterisk is placed next to the name. Fairly standard practice. When I hit ctrl-s the asterisk dissappears as if it was saved, but reloading the preset does not reflect the "saved" changes. Perhaps this is a bug.

A couple other suggestions...

Replace the "Done" close button at the bottom of panels with your standard "X" close button in the top right. You get used to it after a while, but it is a silly bump in the muscle memory learning curve that serves no advantage.

Make unpurchased items gray text rather than yellow.
Click anywhere else and the menu is gone.

Gentlemen
I have been following this thread and noting your requests and observations to pass on to the engineer. Thank you for the feedback.
José Luiz Paiz Junior
Peavey ReValver Support
http://www.peavey.com/products/revalver/

If it hasn't been mentioned yet, I personally feel that in the upper left corner should be a "save" button. ymmv

oh, and a next preset button. Really hard to stop playing, open the presets, navigate to where you want, select a preset and then if you just want the next preset go through all of that again.

I'll say again: the epic tones are hard to achieve, but when you dial it in just right there is nothing better! You can definitely make any of these amps sound like shit--just like a real amp I suppose--but if you are willing to work for it, the heavens will open up and sonic nirvana will ensue :party: :love: 8)

The CPU is on the high side for an amp sim--maybe that's what we have to expect for the level of component modeling on offer here? The stomp and rack fx are sort of meh for me :shrug: The cabinet modeling is stellar :tu:

I will likely turn to my trusted, beloved fx for post-processing and use this for the raw, amp modeling beast that it is :hihi:

Oh, and someone should update the title of this thread already ;)

Return to “Effects”