Waldorf Largo + PPG Wave 3.V + Waldorf Edition: 64-bit/VST3/AAX updates

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Largo PPG Wave 3.V Waldorf Edition: Attack Waldorf Edition: D-Pole Waldorf Edition: PPG Wave 2.V

Some questions.

Is Largo essentially the same architecture as Blofeld? Can it read Blofeld patches? Do they sound the same?

Is Largo 64bit version out now? I noticed they're having a sale while Messe is on, and I thought the Largo 64bit version would be available this week, but it still only says, "coming soon." Anybody have the facts?

Largo is similar to Blofeld, but not exactly the same. It cannot read Blofeld patches. They do not sound the same.

64-bit is in beta, so NOT OUT YET.

Phase47 wrote:Some questions.

Is Largo essentially the same architecture as Blofeld? Can it read Blofeld patches? Do they sound the same?

Is Largo 64bit version out now? I noticed they're having a sale while Messe is on, and I thought the Largo 64bit version would be available this week, but it still only says, "coming soon." Anybody have the facts?
No, Largo 64-bit (+AAX), PPG Wave 3.V 64-bit (+AAX) and Waldorf Edition AAX are work in progress.
Work is done on multiple platforms and plugin formats so will take a little time.

In fact that at Facebook they mentioned this could be finished at Musikmesse was maybe a bit too "optimistic". :wink:

I could confirm that those 64-beta versions do really exist and they do work but not bug free yet.
Conversion to 64-bit introduces new kinds of bugs that were not found in the 32-bit versions.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

About Blofeld/Largo:

The architecture of Blofeld and Largo is indeed very similar but not identical. For example Blofeld could and import samples (desktop with SL uograde, with keyboard this is already unlocked), has the PPG filter mode and could also load user wavetables.

Sound wise they are comparable too but not identical. I had tried to copy patches and had to doa few changes.

it is not possible to import patches from one to the other.

Ingo
Last edited by Ingonator on Wed Mar 12, 2014 5:07 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Ingo Weidner
Win 10 Home 64-bit / mobile i7-7700HQ 2.8 GHz / 16GB RAM //
Live 10 Suite / Cubase Pro 9.5 / Pro Tools Ultimate 2021 // NI Komplete Kontrol S61 Mk1

Ingonator wrote:No, Largo 64-bit (+AAX), PPG Wave 3.V 64-bit (+AAX) and Waldorf Edition AAX are work in progress.
Work is done on multiple platforms and plugin formats so will take a little time.

In fact that at Facebook they mentioned this could be finished at Musikmesse was maybe a bit too "optimistic". :wink:
Ah. That's a shame. Perhaps they'll have another sale whenever the 64bit versions are ready. Thanks Ingo.

Phase47 wrote: Ah. That's a shame. Perhaps they'll have another sale whenever the 64bit versions are ready. Thanks Ingo.
The Betas do exist but are not finished. The current sale should be a good opportunity to buy the synth.
For testing it you could also use a bit-bridge while the 64-bit version should have a better performance.

Ingo
Last edited by Ingonator on Wed Mar 12, 2014 5:15 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Ingo Weidner
Live 10 Suite / Cubase Pro 9.5 / Pro Tools Ultimate 2021 // NI Komplete Kontrol S61 Mk1

Phase47 wrote:Ah. That's a shame. Perhaps they'll have another sale whenever the 64bit versions are ready. Thanks Ingo.
Probably not. Buy now, upgrade to 64-bit later.

I wish the current sale on Largo wouldn't have been mentioned! I installed the (very generous) demo, installed Live 32 bit, and man... It's quite stunning. Especially the comb filters are in a class of their own. I swore to myself I didn't need another synth.... But now it appears I have something to reconsider :D

BDeep wrote:I wish the current sale on Largo wouldn't have been mentioned! I installed the (very generous) demo, installed Live 32 bit, and man... It's quite stunning. Especially the comb filters are in a class of their own. I swore to myself I didn't need another synth.... But now it appears I have something to reconsider :D
Whatever you do don't install ppg wave 3v then. Same thing.

-Sam

Largo seems to be on sale around 130-140 notes stirling.

Correct me if Im wrong isn't or is it a case no that wasn't, Largo very buggy?

If someone at Waldorf happens to read this thread

PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE!!!

Add the 'Envelope Amount' and 'Envelope Velocity' to the Modulation Matrix, for both Filters

This adds so much depth and variety to patches when modulated via the DAW. Controlling, modulating the 'Envelope Amount' & 'Envelope Velocity' via a LFO would be a brilliant feature. A must have update to Largo.

A "must have"? I wouldn't quite agree. A "must have" is adding defineable controllers W, X, Y, Z.

Everglide wrote:If someone at Waldorf happens to read this thread

PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE!!!

Add the 'Envelope Amount' and 'Envelope Velocity' to the Modulation Matrix, for both Filters

This adds so much depth and variety to patches when modulated via the DAW. Controlling, modulating the 'Envelope Amount' & 'Envelope Velocity' via a LFO would be a brilliant feature. A must have update to Largo.
Sounds good. Just added this to the list/database.

BTW filter envelope amount as a mod destination was also added with one of the last OS updates for Pulse 2.

Ingo
Ingo Weidner

EvilDragon wrote:A "must have"? I wouldn't quite agree. A "must have" is adding defineable controllers W, X, Y, Z.
Hi,

i have small problems to understand what you mean with this. Could you please explain this further?

Ingo
Ingo Weidner

In the mod matrix you have Ctrl W/X/Y/Z sources. In the Blofeld, you can define the CCs they represent in Global mode. In Largo, you can't do that.

Hi Ingo,

Now Musikmesse 2014 is over, did you had the chance to speak with Waldorf about the VSTs in question? Or has the Beta phase not been completed yet?

The 64-bit versions that are being tested now, are they VST 2.4 or VST 3, like Lector?
AMD Ryzen 3900X & RX 5700XT, 128GB RAM, Windows 11 Pro 64-bit
Waldorf Blofeld & Pulse 2, Akai MAX49 & MPD226, Steinberg UR44 & CMC controllers
Cubase Pro 13, Nuendo 13, Wavelab Pro 12, Dorico Pro 5, Rapid Composer v5, FL Studio 21

Return to “Instruments”