Pre-roll for clips?

Official support for: bitwig.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

With big stuff like group tracks and routing improvements slated for before v2 I would hope that we would not have to wait so long for something as important and (seemingly) simple as this.

When??? Please tell me

We don't know.

I got a hint from the customer service that this MAY be in the 10.0.12 RC.
Composer, animator, video producer and web designer
http://www.juhanalehtiniemi.com

Still not fixed yet???

Not in the current version.

wait this 8(

I hope the bitwig team is aware of people in my position.

- I tried the demo the day it was released

- I noticed the problem with the (lacking) pre-roll for clips, and said "this program is unusable for my purposes until this is fixed."

- It is now August 2014 and this has not been fixed. Needless to say, I haven't wasted any time with their silly demo in the months since. As this thread shows, I'm hardly the only one for whom this issue is a complete deal-breaker. The lack of pre-roll destroys our way of working, in a program -seemingly designed precisely to work that way-.

Truly a head-scratcher. I was happy to see Ableton getting some competition, and eager to check it out. But this is absurd. How can you appeal to Ableton's fanbase (people like me) when you destroy the basic functionality of recording into the clip matrix, and MONTHS later still haven't fixed it? Baffling.

It should be there in 1.1 i guess

Baffling indeed. It seems almost purposeful, as if Ableton said "leave this out and we won't sue you". I'm sure Ableton didn't say that, but I can't find any other sensible hypothesis for a standard function. None of the previous beta testers should be allowed test any future releases. Clearly, the selection process was defective.
Laptop Win11 Home 16" Asus ProArt i7-12700H 64GB RAM RTX 3060
Desktop Win11 Pro Aorus X570s Pro AX AMD 5900x 128GB Ram RTX 3060

mholloway wrote:I hope the bitwig team is aware of people in my position.

- I tried the demo the day it was released

- I noticed the problem with the (lacking) pre-roll for clips, and said "this program is unusable for my purposes until this is fixed."

- It is now August 2014 and this has not been fixed. Needless to say, I haven't wasted any time with their silly demo in the months since. As this thread shows, I'm hardly the only one for whom this issue is a complete deal-breaker. The lack of pre-roll destroys our way of working, in a program -seemingly designed precisely to work that way-.

Truly a head-scratcher. I was happy to see Ableton getting some competition, and eager to check it out. But this is absurd. How can you appeal to Ableton's fanbase (people like me) when you destroy the basic functionality of recording into the clip matrix, and MONTHS later still haven't fixed it? Baffling.
It is a head scratcher... 4+ months since the initial release and such an essential (and seemingly simple) fix is still not there...

There are also other reasons why I have not purchased Bitwig... but this one a showstopper by itself.

I feel you bro, I would like to have this feature too, but, I can work without it, I use clips a lot too. So... make music!

carlosjcuevasm wrote:I feel you bro, I would like to have this feature too, but, I can work without it, I use clips a lot too. So... make music!
I do... In Ableton Live!

Have to agree with pdxindy on this. Hard to take Bitwig seriously with this omission. This really should have been addressed BEFORE initial release. Here we are, several updates later and this STILL is a problem. I keep telling myself though, considering all the other functionality they implemented into clips, they really must want to fix this. Just don't understand why it isn't more important or proving so difficult.

The thing is, for me it's not a critical issue. My critical issue i wrote to support about straight away and got a reply. Somewhat claiming the devteam to be incompetent or spray the forum with negativity is not the way to get what you want.
:hug:

Return to “Bitwig”