Bitwig Studio 1.0.6 RC1

Official support for: bitwig.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hello,

we just uploaded Bitwig Studio 1.0.6 RC1. The release contains enough bug fixes that we felt it deservers a short testing phase to be 100% sure nothing else got broken before we call it an official 1.0.6. You can download it from our website:

http://www.bitwig.com/en/bitwig-studio/ ... idate.html

Here are the changes since 1.0.5:
  • IMPROVED - Reopen Cocoa VST plugins with same window position as before on OSX.
    IMPROVED - Redirect keyboard input that is not consumed by VST plugins to the app on Mac OS X.
    FIXED - Image line VST GUIs don't work in 1.0.5 but did work in previous versions
    FIXED - Drum machine sends didn't update the track processing ordering correctly, causing glitches/delays
    FIXED - Engine crashed on windows computers with AMD E-350 processor
    FIXED - Dragging files from the browser that no longer exist on the file system would leak threads causing an eventual out of memory error
    FIXED - Crash when dragging a device on top of another device that is the same device and the device dragging on top of has modulations
    FIXED - When saving a document wirte it to a temp file first and then move it in case there is a crash when saving - it won't destroy the document
    FIXED - Crash if saving a project with a nested plugin that was missing.
    FIXED - Using avprobe instead of ffprobe for Ubuntu 14.04 compatibility.
    FIXED - Crash if dragging device and insertion point is to a point in the chain that then changes because devices are removed during the drag and drop
    FIXED - Crash invoking menu item when the original widget is no longer shown
    FIXED - Crash when duplicating a drum machine that had modulations into a device in one of the drum pads
    FIXED - Dragging a layer from an outer layer device to the layer list in a layer device within the outer layer device crashes
    FIXED - Crash when duplicating a drum machine that had modulation mappings to a drum pads mixer controls (eg pan and volume)
    FIXED - Crash if copy automation for a parameter with discrete possible values and clicking in an automation lane that does not have discrete possible values
    FIXED - Manual mapping to a parameter did not get removed when deleting a track
    FIXED - Drawing a note with the pencil tool and pressing escape leaves the note playing
    FIXED - Double-click on project file in Mac OS X Finder opens the app, but does not load the project.
    FIXED - Hide application command is showing an odd info window instead of hiding the application on Mac OS X.
    FIXED - Crash when splitting events using key command in empty clip.
Cheers,
Volker
Volker Schumacher, developer at http://www.bitwig.com

Please fix the Vengeance Sidechain Plugin.

Good job, some things I was hoping for there.

I was hoping to see the browser bugs dealt with though (bookmarks can't be deleted and deleted audio files in the browser remain visible there), since they seem like relatively low hanging fruit. From an outside perspective anyways....
Last edited by Echoes in the Attic on Fri Apr 04, 2014 8:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ridgero wrote:Please fix the Vengeance Sidechain Plugin.
vengeance has to do that :D
updating ...

Congrats to you and the team for that RC.
Music

Thank you!

Keep up the great work guys and gals :tu:

All the best,

installed 1.0.6 rc1 (demo)

OSX 10.9.2

VST windows now remember their position.
VST no longer steals key control...

nice, time to grab a copy

pdxindy wrote:installed 1.0.6 rc1 (demo)

OSX 10.9.2

VST windows now remember their position.
This alone is worth testing 1.0.6 rc1 :)
Bitwig Certified Trainer

Bug: Inspector histogram controls are a bit strange.

How to reproduce:
Loaded up a E-Hat instrument, programmed a pattern and when trying to add some histogram love (on any parameter) I find errors. The spread and chaos parameters will reset to 0% every time i let go of the mouse even though the histogram has actually changed. The only way to actually reset the parameters to 0 is to double click and enter in 0 manually.

System:
OSX 10.7.5
M-Audio Transit USB soundcard
BWS 1.0.6RC1

pdxindy wrote:
And it works even on 32-bit plugins, something other DAWs with plugin bridges like Reaper and Renoise still hasn't worked out AFAIK. Good job Bitwig!

nori.lam wrote:Bug: Inspector histogram controls are a bit strange.

How to reproduce:
Loaded up a E-Hat instrument, programmed a pattern and when trying to add some histogram love (on any parameter) I find errors. The spread and chaos parameters will reset to 0% every time i let go of the mouse even though the histogram has actually changed. The only way to actually reset the parameters to 0 is to double click and enter in 0 manually.

System:
OSX 10.7.5
BWS 1.0.6RC1

Spread and Chaos always reset to 0% when you let go, it's that way be design as means of letting you modify the current state of things. Mean is the only function which retains it's value, though I've noticed that the mean parameter works very oddly sometimes and doesn't quite correlate to what's going on in the clip.

pdxindy wrote:
And it works even on 32-bit plugins, something other DAWs with plugin bridges like Reaper and Renoise still hasn't worked out AFAIK. Good job Bitwig!

nechronics wrote:

How to reproduce:

System:
OSX 10.7.5
BWS 1.0.6RC1

Spread and Chaos always reset to 0% when you let go, it's that way be design as means of letting you modify the current state of things. Mean is the only function which retains it's value, though I've noticed that the mean parameter works very oddly sometimes and doesn't quite correlate to what's going on in the clip.
Yep, that's just how it works.

nechronics wrote:

How to reproduce:

System:
OSX 10.7.5
BWS 1.0.6RC1

Yeah, Spread and Chaos are a form of destructive editing...

Return to “Bitwig”