Official support for: bitwig.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

1.deleting notes with another left click with the pencil
2.automatic pitch detection and pitch correction for the sampler
3.one more pitch mode for the playback of sampler that speed stays the same
4.ideas for other devices:
-L/R Container and a L/M/R Container beside the existing M/S Container)
-Grain Freezer with Position Knob
-automation of the pitch like on the audio track with the different algorhitms or a pitch shifter as device like for the drum rack to which the MIDI pitch shifter have no influence to

And make the goddamn reverb stereo-to-stereo rather than mono-to-stereo.

UltraSniffy wrote:And make the goddamn reverb stereo-to-stereo rather than mono-to-stereo.

really it is??

Yup.

Though aside that, the reverb does sound amazing.
Last edited by UltraSniffy on Wed Apr 16, 2014 9:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

UltraSniffy wrote:And make the goddamn reverb stereo-to-stereo rather than mono-to-stereo.

Oh no, they didn't did they? Man, it's like they kept some of Ableton's worst aspects.

crazyfiltertweaker wrote: 2.automatic pitch detection and pitch correction for the sampler
3.one more pitch mode for the playback of sampler that speed stays the same
Yeah I don't understand why Bitwig and Ableton, both of which are built on the concept of timestretching loops to match tempo, don't have a sampler that timestretches. In Ableton's case it's even worse because they even have it in their simple drum sampler impulse.

[/quote]

Yeah I don't understand why Bitwig and Ableton, both of which are built on the concept of timestretching loops to match tempo, don't have a sampler that timestretches. In Ableton's case it's even worse because they even have it in their simple drum sampler impulse.[/quote]

agree 100%.
that was so weird. i thought it should be copy right or some kind of money related issue.
other than that i really can't think about any good reason.

Seriously, just get the basics in:
1. MIDI Beat Clock send and receive.
2. ReWire or extended Jack functionality.
3. MIDI Export.
4. REX support.
5. Group tracks.
6. MIDI routing between tracks.
7. User assignable key commands.
8. a ton more basic functions.

They have a framework, but as it stands Bitwig seem to have missed out on IMO the biggest reason for both Live and Reason's success, they can be used as full DAWs or they can be integrated into users existing ecosystem. Bitwig literally does nothing of the sort.

Im a huge fan of what bigwig is doing, but I'm waiting for now because coming from logic the efficiency is far worse in comparison. I start to eat CPU very quickly (macbook pro i7 8GB). I haven't tried ableton but how is its CPU usage in comparison? IMO efficiency is the other big improvement needed, though likely not as simple to rectify or implement as some of the above.

supracg wrote:Im a huge fan of what bigwig is doing, but I'm waiting for now because coming from logic the efficiency is far worse in comparison. I start to eat CPU very quickly (macbook pro i7 8GB). I haven't tried ableton but how is its CPU usage in comparison? IMO efficiency is the other big improvement needed, though likely not as simple to rectify or implement as some of the above.
Live is more efficient with VST's... I don't know about audio, and track counts etc

UltraSniffy wrote:Yup.

Though aside that, the reverb does sound amazing.

it does!! its awesome +1

I do like the reverb. It blends very well. That's my biggest issue with most verbs, they sound like they are their own thing behind the dry signal.

Return to “Bitwig”