Ableton Push support is here

Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Push

Hey guys,

pretty sure it is kind of a noob question but anyway

I installed the script as described but I still cannot get Push to work. I selected Push in the Controllers Tab MIDIIN2 (Ableton Push) and MIDIOUT2 (Ableton Push).

However when I switch on the hardware it's written "Please start Live to play..."

What do I have to do in order that Push is starting correctly????

Thank you so much for your help and also thanks to Moss for all the hard work he puts in this.

moss wrote:Seems like all your wishes come true for Christmas! Push4Bitwig 4.2 is released.

Get it from: http://www.mossgrabers.de/Software/Bitwig/Bitwig.html
Also see the updated Wiki documentation.

Enjoy!

Changes:
- New preference setting to return to zero when stop is pressed.
- New preference setting to display (or not) the crossfader parameter in the track.
- Bugfix: Clip recording did not start when pad was pressed if Bitwig was not already playing.
- Bugfix: When switching the ribbon mode from Pitchbend to CC the ribbon lights were not initialised correctly.
- Bugfix: Two green colors had the same value on the Push.
:o

TEKKTRIBE wrote:Hey guys,

pretty sure it is kind of a noob question but anyway

I installed the script as described but I still cannot get Push to work. I selected Push in the Controllers Tab MIDIIN2 (Ableton Push) and MIDIOUT2 (Ableton Push).

However when I switch on the hardware it's written "Please start Live to play..."

What do I have to do in order that Push is starting correctly????

Thank you so much for your help and also thanks to Moss for all the hard work he puts in this.
... Here on OS X my Midi In/Out settings for Push4Bitwig are both 'Ableton Push User Port'... maybe that's the issue?

Woah, nice quick fix!
SoundsAndGear.com - news, tutorials, reviews, and videos.
MaschineTutorials.com - exclusive maschine tutorialmembership and user community.

TEKKTRIBE wrote: I installed the script as described but I still cannot get Push to work. I selected Push in the Controllers Tab MIDIIN2 (Ableton Push) and MIDIOUT2 (Ableton Push).
Is auto detect not working ("Detect available controllers")? What platform are you on? Have you tried a different USB port?

Hey guys,

thanks a lot for the immediate replies. Actually after starting my computer this morning, deleting the controller in Bitwig and addding it again automatically everything works. 8) 8) 8)

Thanks a lot. And Moss U R A HERO!!! :tu:

Moss, you're a legend (and Mike). Thanks for your work on this guys!

Quick q., not sure if it's already implemented - any plans to allow use of the quantize button to switch Bitwig's new record quantisation on/off globally? Is it even accessible to the API yet?

Hez wrote:Quick q., not sure if it's already implemented - any plans to allow use of the quantize button to switch Bitwig's new record quantisation on/off globally? Is it even accessible to the API yet?
It is not accessible.

Hi, thank you for this script, but do you know if there a good video tutorial online where we can learn and see all the possibility to use Push with Bitwig? Thanks :phones:

I've got no clue if this helps (or if you already looked at it) but just in case.....

https://github.com/git-moss/Push4Bitwig/wiki

It's not a viddy :( But I find it useful.

stamp wrote:Hi guys,
I'm having problems when using Push (stable script) with my Virus TI. Seems like the push is sending some CC (or other type of data) when i hit certain notes. For sure some CC and then something else. It's changing parameters that don't have a corresponding CC,too (velocity mapping of the TI). D2 is the worse pad to play, lots of undesired data coming out. So my Virus gets crazy.
Hi Moss,
Any news on this? The last update didn't solve the problem. The 15th of january is really close... :roll:

Happy NYE!! :party:

stamp wrote:
I'm having problems when using Push (stable script) with my Virus TI. Seems like the push is sending some CC (or other type of data) when i hit certain notes. For sure some CC and then something else. It's changing parameters that don't have a corresponding CC,too (velocity mapping of the TI). D2 is the worse pad to play, lots of undesired data coming out. So my Virus gets crazy.
Hi Moss,
Any news on this? The last update didn't solve the problem. The 15th of january is really close... :roll:

Happy NYE!! :party:
Sorry, no idea.

Have you attached a midi monitor, to look at what midi data is sent...

If its not CC data, do you have your Page B (in Midi settings) set to poly pressure? if so change it to SysEx,
you might (if only for testing) want to switch Page A to sysex to.

I often leave mine with both page A and B set to sysex, to avoid these kind of issues.

thetechnobear wrote:
Have you attached a midi monitor, to look at what midi data is sent...

If its not CC data, do you have your Page B (in Midi settings) set to poly pressure? if so change it to SysEx,
you might (if only for testing) want to switch Page A to sysex to.

I often leave mine with both page A and B set to sysex, to avoid these kind of issues.
Hi Thetechnobear,
thanks for chiming in! I really don't know what data is sent. I'll download midiox and check later. Page B was already set to sysex...I switched page A to sysex, too. Same results. Are you using Bitwig-Ti-Push without problems?

stamp wrote:I really don't know what data is sent. I'll download midiox and check later. Page B was already set to sysex...I switched page A to sysex, too. Same results. Are you using Bitwig-Ti-Push without problems?
Try setting the input to Ableton Push instead of All Inputs. There is (still) a bug in Bitwig which erratically sends also the raw input to the output. Maybe that's the cause.

Return to “Controller Scripting”