Ableton Push support is here

Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Push

moss wrote:For the brave at heart there is a new version on GitHub which is compatible with 1.1.6rc1.
It brings huge improvements for device, drum pad and layer navigation.
It has still some quirks left in that area but Bitwig is aware of them (no need to report).

Enjoy!
Howdy, I'm using 1.1.6rc1 with the latest push script and I cannot dive in to a Kontakt device layer (fixed parameters or device parameters) . Works fine for other plugins. Is this a known thing?

polygonsheep wrote:Howdy, I'm using 1.1.6rc1 with the latest push script and I cannot dive in to a Kontakt device layer (fixed parameters or device parameters) . Works fine for other plugins. Is this a known thing?
It is because Kontakt is a multi-out instrument. You need to create the device layers first:
- On the device click the little button with the two arrows (right of the device on/off button)
- Then press the button "Add Missing Chains"
- Now you see the different multi outputs

Thanks Moss. I guess I need to read up on multi-out instruments. Once I add the missing chains I can see the different multis but trying to dive into one of them goes back to "Please select a device". So still not sure how to access Kontakt's parameters.

polygonsheep wrote:Thanks Moss. I guess I need to read up on multi-out instruments. Once I add the missing chains I can see the different multis but trying to dive into one of them goes back to "Please select a device". So still not sure how to access Kontakt's parameters.
Yes, I do understand the problem. It seems multioutput VSTs do not fit into the current concept. I will need to think about that.

polygonsheep wrote:Thanks Moss. I guess I need to read up on multi-out instruments. Once I add the missing chains I can see the different multis but trying to dive into one of them goes back to "Please select a device". So still not sure how to access Kontakt's parameters.
I created now a workaround in the latest GitHub checkin. You can toggle between devices and Parameterbanks with Shift+DeviceIn. So, when you see "> Kontakt" with the 8 Kontakt parameters press Shift+DeviceIn to access the banks.

I also looked at the "Please select a device" problem and it seems to be a Bitwig bug (reported).

I've got to say, I love the passion and helpfulness from all the Bitwig users and developers going on. And thanks again Moss and to all script developers for your time, hard work, and being so awesome!

I agree, thank you so much Moss for all the work you are doing :clap:
Do you if there a recent video tutoriel that explain all the control you created with Push for Bigwig? :tu:

freakydj wrote:I agree, thank you so much Moss for all the work you are doing :clap:
Do you if there a recent video tutoriel that explain all the control you created with Push for Bigwig? :tu:
Actually I finally got a Video capture Software and a camera ready. Won't promise anything but keep your fingers crossed.

moss wrote:
freakydj wrote:I agree, thank you so much Moss for all the work you are doing :clap:
Actually I finally got a Video capture Software and a camera ready. Won't promise anything but keep your fingers crossed.
:tu:

moss wrote:
Oh cool Thank you :tu:

I still seem to be having trouble recording fixed length clips, audio specifically, how should this work exactly?

I press fixed length, select my clip length, then when I want to record on a new audio track I record arm it. From there I hit the record button (also tried shift+record to enable overdub) and hit the clip pad to launch it. It never stops automatically.

I've also tried shift+new but that just gives me a new 1 bar clip that starts playing automatically (no count in) so it doesn't record anything.

Maybe I'm missing something?
SoundsAndGear.com - news, tutorials, reviews, and videos.
MaschineTutorials.com - exclusive maschine tutorialmembership and user community.

Cheers again for all the hard work moss.

Quick q. - is it possible to have controllers have their own "cursor", e.g. not follow the track selected by mouse in Bitwig? I often mainly want Push to stay focused on the first 8-16 tracks and am fiddling around a lot with busses down at the bottom of the screen. Likewise I would like to leave my Nektar P4 controlling a specific track whilst browsing elsewhere in the project. No idea whether that's possible with the current API (or ever will be) but certainly a point of interest for me.

soundsandgear.com wrote:I still seem to be having trouble recording fixed length clips, audio specifically, how should this work exactly?
I did not notice this since I only use it with MIDI clips. Thanks for reporting!

I also have no idea if overdubbing is intended to work with audio or not. Currently, I see no way to implement/fix this feature.

I asked Bitwig for support.

Hez wrote:is it possible to have controllers have their own "cursor", e.g. not follow the track selected by mouse in Bitwig?
It is technically possible but has quite some implications (incl. some performance overhead). I will keep it in mind but don't expect it to happen.

moss wrote:
soundsandgear.com wrote:I still seem to be having trouble recording fixed length clips, audio specifically, how should this work exactly?
I did not notice this since I only use it with MIDI clips. Thanks for reporting!

I also have no idea if overdubbing is intended to work with audio or not. Currently, I see no way to implement/fix this feature.

I asked Bitwig for support.
Thanks for your feedback, always appreciated!

I mainly use audio. I wasn't trying to overdub the audio, I just enabled it while trying to start/record into a new clip on an audio track.

It was just one of the many ways I tried to get fixed length clips working with audio :)
SoundsAndGear.com - news, tutorials, reviews, and videos.
MaschineTutorials.com - exclusive maschine tutorialmembership and user community.

Return to “Controller Scripting”