Rename things in the device panel

Official support for: bitwig.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

So sometimes I have more than one of the same plug in on a channel and it gets kinda hard to tell which is which when Im automating them or even simply A/B referencing the sound. There should be a feature to rename them or at least have them numbered when theres more than one
Does anyone know if this feature is on the way or what? I find my self wishing for this more and more
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
-Tristan
MacBook Pro|MacOS Sierra|Bitwig Studio 2.0
UA Apollo Twin| EVE SC207 Monitors|ATH M50x|Focal Spirt Pro|Komplete 10|Push

Agreed this is needed badly. It should be the "name of the preset" on the side and when its too long a hovered tool tip and give us the the ability to name it. Also we should be able to name an FX layer container or again have it take the preset name.

also the names should have been along the top like ableton. Bad design having it on the side imo. Should be on the side only when collapsed.

Its crucial! Big project is PITA to work with...

+1 on names on top (and renaming devices of course), but i think that the first will not happen.. :\

I dont really mind the names being on the side, I just want to rename!
-Tristan
MacBook Pro|MacOS Sierra|Bitwig Studio 2.0
UA Apollo Twin| EVE SC207 Monitors|ATH M50x|Focal Spirt Pro|Komplete 10|Push

TristanMendoza wrote:I dont really mind the names being on the side, I just want to rename!
yeah its not terrible being on the side. Would not have been my choice for design but renaming is a must!

This is the kind of bullshit that should have been done for 1.0. Its pathetic that its made it this far actually.

Yeah, I think name on top is very unlikely, which means change of every device panel.
But +1 for renaming.

+1

Long device chains can quickly turn into a logistical nightmare without this.

+1 , especially container naming!

Itbis mit neceasary to rename every Single device, it is enough to rename containers.

I'm a stickler for consistency, so I like it always on the side. Renaming seems quite important, though.

Naming is very important. Without it, Identifying which device is which, is a real chore when as a project gets bigger.

+1 Since I had to make a container to make a ping pong delay preset it'd be great if I could see it named correctly and have the name automatically when I add it to a send.
Last edited by Ogopogo on Wed Jul 02, 2014 6:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Yes please! Naming is badly needed. And not just the device names but the panel mapping parameter names too! Some (like in Reaktor) are just too long to be able to tell any of them apart because you only see the first bit. Also some plug-ins have multiple parameters named the same (like u-he).

Renaming Containers is one of my most wanted Features.

Return to “Bitwig”