FR: Undo History

Official support for: bitwig.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

All in all BWS's undo list should already be pretty advanced in its core as they are going to do this whole cloud/LAN collab stuff. Once it will even remember who did which changes to a project...

I mean, I could also imagine such an accessible undo list. But then it should be an intelligent one.

For example it should recognize which of the undo-steps interfere with others. This would allow me to undo all operations I applied on an audio clip independently from the adjusting of device parameters I did in between those steps. Also different types of operations (e.g. automation editing, routing/device chain operations, clip editing, ...) should get different colours.
Blocks of similar events (e.g. editing of multiple automation points) should be folded in for better overview. There's a lot you can do in this area.
+1 to saving the undo history with the project.

Otherwise more undo accessibility also changes how you work. Maybe only having to many options there would take away the immediacy BWS has ATM.

Well the upshot is, with a system as you described, you can then create Macro commands and reuse/share them. :)

Then you start automating template creation, partial component template creation and a bunch of other kewl things.

Imagine with a history list, you multiple select and save as macro. There is a fine line between what is saved as a preset verses what is a macro with a lot of stuff. :)

But I could see neat things being saved into macros, but I digress!

Mike
Michael Schmalle
http://www.teotigraphix.com
Surfing on sine waves

Maschine4Bitwig - Studio, MK2, MikroMK2, MK1
http://www.teotigraphix.com/bitwig/maschine

TeotiGraphix wrote:but I digress!
No, absolutely not :) I also thought about macros sometimes but haven't done a feature request yet. I always think that it might be too unspecific as a FR, too huge and there might still be other priorities than this ATM.

Otherwise: It's something more fundamental. So it might be better to integrate sooner rather than later.

The collab features sound very promising. I want to add my +1 to this FR, but only in its own time.

Return to “Bitwig”