Bitwigs Drag&Drop Issues for Importing and Exporting WAV and MIDI from/to the browser...

Official support for: bitwig.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Because this feature is really really really missing, I mention it seperate.

If I want to bounce a wav file from bitwig to an external folder in the browser pre- or post-FX, simply drag&drop to a specific folder with a little context menu in the browser would be the best solution.

...Also importing Samples from the Browser to third party plugins is really really missing...
I have seen many tutorials where they tried it but missed this feature to drag&drop samples from the browser to VSTis.

Beside "renaming containers" and "keep speed in sampler" this is the third number one request and as mentioned not just from me, many tutorials mentioned it as missing feature. One tutorial guy even switched to Ableton in the middle of his tutorial because it was not working!
This one:

youtube.com/watch?v=SWEURHfdQT4

-multibreakpoint modulator with swing link
-If you click "solo" on a layer of a container on a track which is "solo" and you make the "solo" of the layer off, the WHOLE mix is audible instead the solo track. --> bitwig dont remember solo state!
-xy shaper for macros to assign as example equil power crossfades or faster at the beginning and slower at the end.
-smoothing control for rectangle and swing control for LFO modulator
-no drag&drop saving of wav samples and clips possible to any bitwig browser destination
-no more offset of bounced audio to new track
-midi commands create shift if the selection don’t start at the loop start, the timer do not follow “double content” command
-youtube.com/watch?v=YEp4vXYxLXE&list=UUHguPcEz9nshBtMyxu_HpSg
-arranger and sequencer over two or more displays expandable
-cant cut chords, just the highest one is cut if all of them where marked with knife
-pressing on the mouse wheel should open quick access menu for all the tools below the mouse to choose
-Kontakt is crashing often even if dragging it into Bitwig
-cant record MIDI tracks with MIDI FX like an arpeggiator or a diatonic map which is really bad!
-keyboard shortcut to set loop start and end to playhead position inside sequencer and to clip
-bouncing just single clips as wav file outside Bitwig is not possible
-drag&drop audio files from browser to third party instruments is not possible
-in free automation mode please a looped version of the midi or audio clip in the background as orientation.
-copy/cut&paste drum chains of the drum machine dont work, just drag&drop but if the destination is outside the view, it is not possible with drag&drop
-no editing together of Gain Pan or Timbre if I mark the notes like it is possible with velocity
-scrolling sideways is not easy because the border to zoom is too close especially in long ranges
-there is a selection problem with the automatic tool selection with very short note
-in some cases clip start is too late which is a problem especially in live situations
-cant create stepped automation with the selection tool proper
-if I change the velocity, the changing is not shown in the note inspector
-deleting audio clip should jump to next one
-a „create new chaos“ button on the histogram
-retrigger the step mod
-L/R container
-frequency split container with as many bands as I want and wider frequency borders to create exciter as example
-vertical inversion command for midi selection
-automatical saving in predefined intervals
-chain cotnainer creates offset

This is definitely a huge issue for me as well - I sent an e-mail to tech support to ask if it is included in 1.1 so hopefully I get an answer soon. The drag to the browser to save as an audio clip is a good feature - but maybe there could be an icon in the inspector to drag the raw .wav to save it in the sample browser as well.

Dragging .wavs to 3rd party vsts is a must IMO.

same here...this is very very much needed

As I said, EVERYBODY likes drag&drop with some options to both directions!

It is in our TOP 3 Feature Requests!

Return to “Bitwig”