Discussion about: tracktion.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

There are only a handful of files, easy enough to just delete

Code: Select all

sudo rm -rf ****ARGH NO DON'T DO THAT****

[edit]
In hindsight, maybe better remove the doc files & folder separately instead of using -r, to avoid the accidental trashing of your system :hihi:

sudo rm -f /usr/bin/Waveform11 /usr/share/applications/waveform11.desktop /usr/share/doc/waveform11/* /usr/share/doc/waveform11 /usr/share/mime/packages/waveform11.xml /usr/share/pixmaps/waveform11.png

farlukar wrote: Mon Feb 15, 2021 1:19 pm In hindsight, maybe better remove the doc files & folder separately instead of using -r, to avoid the accidental trashing of your system :hihi:

sudo rm -f /usr/bin/Waveform11 /usr/share/applications/waveform11.desktop /usr/share/doc/waveform11/* /usr/share/doc/waveform11 /usr/share/mime/packages/waveform11.xml /usr/share/pixmaps/waveform11.png
Many thanks. Any thoughts on installing and uninstalling the “tracktion-download-manager”? So far, I am scavenging the files from an Ubuntu Cinnamon Remix 20.04.1.2 Waveform 11 install, but I would really like to get both of my machines back on Fedora 33 Jam.

Analogous to waveform:

ar xv tracktion_download_manager_vX.X.X.deb
sudo tar xvf data.tar.xz -C /

sudo rm -f /usr/bin/tracktion-download-manager /usr/share/applications/tracktion-download-manager.desktop /usr/share/doc/tracktion-download-manager/* /usr/share/doc/tracktion-download-manager /usr/share/pixmaps/tracktion-download-manager.png

Installing like this should work with any .deb package: just extract the data part to the root of your file system. You can make a list of files to uninstall if you extract the data in a temp directory and then

find . -type f

If you need the QWERTY MIDI keys, which is build in for Mac/Win and isn't in Linux, then you can use Mamba https://github.com/brummer10/Mamba
And connect it to some Waveform virtual MIDI input.
It has an option to grab keyboard at the lowlevel (though it triggers by the mouse only at now), so it works being unfocused.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

@Kott Nice find , It would be great if they implemented pure ALSA integration too. And obviously if the Devs eventually find a way to give us Linux users native QWERTY MIDI keys support in Waveform. I have made a FR on the issue tracker and Roland really wants to fix this, but there seems to be no easy way of achieving this for now.

mikoatkvr wrote: Thu Feb 18, 2021 7:02 pm @Kott Nice find , It would be great if they implemented pure ALSA integration too. And obviously if the Devs eventually find a way to give us Linux users native QWERTY MIDI keys support in Waveform. I have made a FR on the issue tracker and Roland really wants to fix this, but there seems to be no easy way of achieving this for now.
Mamba can work with pure ALSA without Jack.

"Mamba can work with pure ALSA without Jack" Ah maybe I presumed wrongly that I needed Jack, I'll look into this. Thank Kott !

Is there a ways to not have open plugin windows always on top? the sticky button has no effect and when the plugin opens a dialogue it is always behind the plugin window. This happens with every plugin.

JohnSane wrote: Fri Mar 19, 2021 4:52 am Is there a ways to not have open plugin windows always on top? the sticky button has no effect and when the plugin opens a dialogue it is always behind the plugin window. This happens with every plugin.
Wholeheartedly agree!

JohnSane wrote: Fri Mar 19, 2021 4:52 am Is there a ways to not have open plugin windows always on top? the sticky button has no effect and when the plugin opens a dialogue it is always behind the plugin window. This happens with every plugin.
I disabled in KWin settings "Keep on top" for whole waveform class. Seems to work.

Yeah would be a workaround i'd use kwin. gnome here.

Maybe ask on gnome forums where to toggle such option?

It would help we could drag plugins offscreen ( not to a new screen ) a bit, I find I like to see maybe part of the VST/i and be able to drag it back into center screen again.

mikoatkvr wrote: Fri Mar 19, 2021 4:55 pm It would help we could drag plugins offscreen ( not to a new screen ) a bit, I find I like to see maybe part of the VST/i and be able to drag it back into center screen again.
It's possible with Alt+drag :)

I may have disabled Alt-drag on my system, I'll look into it. Thanks

Return to “Tracktion”